Diablo III | PTR 2.7.0 Has Ended!

Anyone figured yet how the combustion stacks will work? If they stay after dealing damage, how long they last etc.? As I understand now, it does not matter which spell you use to deal damage, as the damage comes only from the set itself? Thanks.

Season 23 should either recycle the previous seasonal theme or you can bring your follower to group play in Season 23.

If not, people will stop playing S23 very quickly after they completed the Guardian conquest and go back to non-season

2 Likes

Question:
Do i oversee sth or is Firebird 4/Tal Rasha 6 a thing?
Adding Arcane Orb or Twister Stuff and there you go.

1 Like

oof, holy s*** yes, it actually might be with the 4000% increased damage on the Firebird 4piece bonus.

It probably would just be better if the 4piece set bonus gives you one stack of Combustion (when casting Disintegrate or any other Fire Skill) and Combustion only gives you 10% reduced Damage Taken, stacking up to 8 times.

Then, the 6piece bonus could just give you xxxx% increased Fire Damage per stack of Combustion.

This patch looks incredible! :+1:

7 Likes

Rathma

Your minions no longer take damage
Does it means Command Skeletons / Kill Command stay alive ?

Bone Spirit’s (…) will also freeze enemies on impact
Freeze is bad for Thorns. Please consider immobilize.

Please consider scaling Sanguinary Vambraces with minions

Please consider a synergy between Bone Ringer and Army of the Dead

Please consider the Amulet Golden Gorget of Leoric as a source of minions

Emanate

There is no mention of Belts, Feet, Weapons and Off-hands a Emanate items.
Why ?

There a lots of bounties / weak items that could be candidate.

Belts
Goldwrap, String of Ears, Cord of the Sherma, Sash of Knives

Boots
Illusory Boots, Ice climbers, Boots of Disregard, Fire Walkers

Weapons
Genzaniku, Hack, The Butcher’s Sickle, Sky Splitter, The Burning Axe of Sankis,
Envious Blade, Eun-jang-do, Odyn Son, Mad Monarch’s Scepter, Solanium,
Rimeheart, Fulminator, Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker, Skycutter, Azurewrath, Shard of Hate, Burst of Wrath, Fire Brand, Arthef’s Spark of Life, Soulsmasher, Cataclysm, Schaefer’s Hammer, Bovine Bardiche, Vigilance, Ahavarion, Spear of Lycander, Maloth’s Focus, The Tormentor, Scourge, Stalgard’s Decimator, Maximus, Blood Brother, Corrupted Ashbringer, The Raven’s Wing, Cluckeye, Demon Machine, Pus Spitter, Hellrack

Off-hands
Coven’s Criterion, Wall of Bone, Freeze of Deflection, Defender of Westmarch,

Also, please consider additional items :

Amulets
Hellfire Amulet (hot !!!), Golden Gorget of Leoric (see modification proposal in this post), Overwhelming Desire, Moonlight Ward, Talisman of Aranoch, Countess Julia’s Cameo, Haunt of Vaxo, The Star of Azkaranth,
Xephirian Amulet

Rings
Hellfire Ring, Pandemonium Loop, Leoric’s Signet, Broken Promises, Rechel’s Ring of Larceny, Arcstone, Rogar’s Huge Stone, Lornelle’s Sunstone, Justice Lantern, Bul-Kathos’s Wedding Band, Band of Hollow Whispers

Helms
Pride’s Fall, Deathseer’s Cowl, Andariel’s Visage

Legs
Pox Faulds,
Death’s Bargain

Hands
St. Archew’s Gage, Magefist, Frostburn

Wrists
Warzechian Armguards, Ancient Parthan Defenders, Promise of Glory, Strongarm Bracers, Reaper’s Wraps

Torso
Heart of Iron, Chaingmail, Cindercoat, Shi Mizu’s Haori

Shoulders
Pauldrons of the Skeleton King, Death Watch Mantle

1 Like

NOPE !
No Follower in Groups.

Gladly it say the Follower you have hired ^^
So i doub, that it will work with the Ashara :+1:

1 Like

You can hash this out amongst yourselves. I’m not familiar with the Witch Doctor, but this is what I see:

I believe there’s a difference between Skeletons taking Damage from enemies and sacrificing themselves to save your Life. (But, I’m just guessing here – If it’s part of the Season Theme, it could be a buff/bonus).

Oh…   good point. (I hadn’t thought of that).

Love the quality of life improvements. The follower stuff looks super. Imagine having so many powers at once! Also love the leaderboard filter and toggles. Please include paragon also if its not already there.

3 Likes

I hope old items like unity will work like before. otherwise builds like R6 are even squishier than now.

Just add all non-class-specific legendaries and craftable sets available for the follower and lets see what happens.

Isn’t that what the PTR is for ?

You can always disable broken ones later.

You missed the point of “Each active phantasm … increases the damage … by 120%”.

It still works …
The Point why everyone uses it, is coz the Follower cant take dmg due to his Relikt.
And thats unchanged.

1 Like

Let’s say you have a damage of 1000.

With the old gazing demise and the 120% increase after one phantasm it’s 2200 dmg, after two 4840 dmg, and the third brings you to 10648 dmg.

With the new flat 150% increase you get 2500 dmg at the end.

EDIT: My current one is at 142% per phantasm … even worse. I’m instant dead.

Tie it too the new bone spirit item. When bone spirit is alive damag increases for BS by 300-400% a second and your minions by 3000-4000%

Even with them coming out every 30 seconds, if you fully gear each of them, the damage throughput could be insane assuming that their skills still interact the same way even if they are not the active follower.

1 Like

Is there a player that you know that never plays solo? Pretty confident that every player pushes the solo leaderboard to some extent.

Thus this change impacts everyone, it just has no direct impact on the group play aspect of a season, but it still buffs group focused players interaction with solo play.

You might need to take a look at the blog’s How to Participate section with how the updated Battlenet client has altered the layout of the launcher. For example…

Instructions say…

Step 2: Navigate to the Diablo III tab on the left-hand menu.

But the games are no longer on a tab along the left of the launcher.

The instructions say…

Step 3: On the Diablo III screen, there is a drop-down menu right above the “Play” button (note that this may say “Install” if you do not have Diablo III currently installed). Select “PTR: Diablo III” from this drop-down menu before proceeding.

But what you need to select is Public Test Realm.

https://i.imgur.com/sTibwn1.jpg

Any friendly TL3 that could embed this? Would appreciate it.

They removed the “minions” part of the damage bonus though, so it really does not matter if they stay alive after their explosion?

So just like every other season.

2 Likes