Diablo III Midnight Launch Events

Soon it will be 12 years…

Anyone still remembers Diablo III Midnight Launch Events - Diablo III?

Good ol’ times… :wink:

I was just home :-(, created an account, created a barbarian and started… Dying… Over and over and over and over… But it was fun! :slight_smile: Reaching act 2, leaving the bazaar area and die even more - from wasps… Well, at least that does not happen any longer 12 years later…

2 Likes

Unfortunately I didn’t participate in the event, since I was asleep and had to go to work at 5:00AM in the morning, but I do remember the excitement of starting to play the game next weekend. And like you I too started with a barbarian. And died over and over again. Finally making it it to the Ferryman to take me to act 2. Good times!

2 Likes

Ouch! I had leave as usual at that time in the year - b-day (not on release day…) and a 4-day music festival that often happens around that date too…

2 Likes

I missed it as my preorder copy got delayed until the next day. Was so excited, fired it up, and cruised through the campaign. Got to the Cathedral and the game dropped. Figured it was because of traffic, so started again. Got to the Cathedral and the game dropped. Tried several times more and same thing, hit the Cathedral and the game dropped.

After like 20 tries, did a search which directed me to the D3 forums and found there was a weird bug that caused your game to drop at the Cathedral unless you joined “general chat”. I was avoiding joining any chats for immersion purposes, but joined general chat and stopped getting the bug.

1 Like

Was that in all regions? Because I have no memory of that on the Europe servers back then…

1 Like

I have only ever played NA. It was a weird bug because it only dropped me when I was in the Cathedral, never on the short amount of campaign before and I never got past Cat level 1 until I joined “Gen Chat”.

Don’t think it was a major bug, but enough people had it happen that someone found a fix.

1 Like

Just for fun :upside_down_face: went through some of the beta bugs but could not find that. Sounds like that “feature” got introduced when D3 went live…
Diablo Blue Posts - Blue Tracker

1 Like

Don’t forget that the D3 forums were wiped a few years ago. These forums are the “new” D3 forums.

We were given notice of it. Many of us copy/pasted important threads so we wouldn’t lose them.

The Posts, Threads or Blogs you’re looking for may no longer exist.

3 Likes

I do recall me and a bunch of friends was primed and ready to play, think most of us had taken time off work the day after. We where 7 or 8 on voice chat, everyone but one of us got in no issues, he got Error 37. By the time I went to bed there at 07-08 in the morning he had yet to manage to get online. He was a tad upset.

2 Likes

I think that does not apply, because it is/was not THE D3 forum… It’s https://www.bluetracker.gg/diablo3/category/127-diablo-3-beta/.

BlueTracker.gg WHOIS, DNS, & Domain Info - DomainTools

Wow, if 6 or 7 can get in and he had an error all night long, in his case I guess I would have been a bit more than just a tad upset. Found a reason for the issue after all?

You should have been on Ubisoft forums. They did that on regular bases. I was on the old Sunflower forums. When Ubisoft bought them nothing was move over. From that point they renew the forum 5 or 6 times. Till last year when they move it onto Discord. WOW!!!

I played the Anno series games. Every time they would do that I would try to save as much stuff I could. Because they would let the old forum be open for like 60 days. I have a large file of all the Sticky that they had.

2 Likes

good times for sure! cant believe its been 12 years!

I assume so, he did play eventually. I don’t actually remember though.