Diablo II: Resurrected Console Lobbies, TCP/IP, & UW Updates

Clearly, because TCP/IP isn’t needed in 2021 and has nothing to do with “what you ordered”. Nothing is guaranteed until launch day and pre-ordered items CONSTANTLY change before launch, especially games. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

It controlled fine on consoles, they just ruined the multiplayer with random match making.

22 Likes

Moreover, how am I supposed to voice chat on Nintendo Switch since there is no native voice chat on that platform?
Well… assuming there is multiplayer in Switch version I mean…

3 Likes

Yo, it was advertised with it.
It was one reason I purchased it.
Like I said, no worries.
They had to get that quarterly up before changing things.
It’s just business, I understand perfectly.

6 Likes

“It’s the best version they could create” we know that’s a lie because they had to bastardize a working online and chat system to implement a broken one.

12 Likes

I think its more than clear blizzard won’t be making entirely separate servers just to appease the toxic purists who demand their game be untouched and no additional content be added.

They won’t be dramatically changing the game, no, but they absolutely will be adding more QoL and stuff to ladder. Blizzards need for high MAU numbers would NEVER allow VV to not implement seasonal changes to boost them. If any changes are happening post launch, you can bank on that one for sure.

Is the game officially out yet? No? Then the product absolutely can change at any time, this is why you can also ask for a refund at any time for pre-ordered games. Ask for yours yet? Or just plan on using bannable mods, hoping for the best and continuing to post karen-like comments acting entitled?

7 Likes

Thank you. This all needed to be told to people who were complaining about all of this - most of us knew it but it needed to be put in blue text since some people continued to have a temper tantrum. TC/IP isn’t in D3 for a reason - i get it, i like it too, but realistically, it opens to the door to security problems. I know you probably won’t do this - but it would be nice if you included some way to have ‘test’ builds which is made possible by Hero Editor.

The monitor issues just… i get you want to play with the monitors capacity but you literally invalidate the basic PVM mechanics with having such a widescreen. The game would basically need to be redesigned to make it work and it probably wouldn’t. You’d have a conga line of fallens and zombies chasing you from half the entire map away in the bloodmoore.

3 Likes

Whew lawds, haterade is salivating over ere’ :laughing:

1 Like

As much as I am clearly not in that group of people, I very much think they should make sure the game can be played in an untouched state even after changes are added.
They should not do it for “toxic purists”, but because it is the right thing to do for the game.

Also to avoid another Warcraft 3 Reforged.

3 Likes

Everyone, listen.

You were sold a spiffy new glide wrapper :laughing:

7 Likes

All us REAL d2 players wanted was a REMASTER, better graphics and that’s it! Thank you for listening blizzard, please don’t change anything to cater to these new gen gamers that want everything handed to them! KEEP THE GAME AS IS PLEASE!

9 Likes

Still no information about 8 players on Nintendo Switch?
Testers really need to buy it, and let us know if it’s work?
Speaking with integrity of DII exp, when there is censorship and Amazon’s Trump face lmao.

4 Likes

The main reason people hated WC3R was because lack of changes. Not that it wasn’t pure. Yes there was also complaints that they removed some things for PC reasons, as they’ve also done in D2R. But 99% of the WC3R outrage was how we were paying money for the exact same game, barley even looked different. D2:R literally looks so much better it looks like a completely new game and even better looking than 90% of brand new games releasing today.

5 Likes

I think you should implement clan/guilds feature.

It should work just tagging your char name, as CLAN-Charactername or Charactername-CLAN.

It changes nothing but gives you a lot of fun making possible clan pvp, ladder race, etc etc,

It would be nice if you implement it.

As I said, it changes nothing in the core, but makes you owner of something you care of, you can share it with friends.

Think about it…

3 Likes

Karen? Okie dokie Ken…
Listen, this is a challenge to see what can be done.
I’m not refunding, when I know I’m just purchasing digital art and a bit of updated code.
What you don’t seem to understand, is sometimes you have to stick that neck out for what you desire.
Bannable mods? This isn’t COD homie.

2 Likes

Since the switch version is going to have the same lobbies as the other consoles you might as well either save your money or just play single player.

1 Like

Nice to see and update in blue

Console D2R looks bad.
No support for ridiculous widescreen monitors.
no tcp/ip because its from the stone age.

Pretty sure we knew all this anyway. Thanks for the update though :smiley:

9 Likes

Using my own insult against me? noooooo. how could i have not seen this coming?!

A challenge? sir, you don’t need TCP/IP anymore. Challenge need not be accepted by anyone. Haven’t heard of the internets around your area? Are you somehow sending these messages via morse code and someone else? :thinking:

1 Like

Also removing the original game (which at least D2R does not), removing automated tournaments and other things WC3 supported.
But I agree, it somehow managed to annoy both those wanting preservation, and something new.

We can’t use our offline characters in MP without TCP/IP or open battle.net. So having internet does not really help there.

4 Likes

I was just coming here to ask this!