Diablo II: Resurrected Console Lobbies, TCP/IP, & UW Updates

Sempai bank account balance can answer that question for you. The other answer is, because some people want to play them, yet they are not more perfect that the OG, just different games.

To the OP. Please, as other user also wrote, a shared stash is needed in classic mode also. Consider introducint it after launch. Classic players wont get their experience hurt by having that qol feature. They are residual, but they alsod eserve atention.

4 Likes

The console game options are great, but you HAVE to add SOME kind of trading-channels or trading lobby because trading is a gigantic part of the online D2 experience.

No way! this canā€™t be true!!! The reasoning for why Ultrawide isnā€™t supported is exactly the same reason we have been telling the Ultrawide fanatics since day 1?! Blizzard DIDNā€™T add the black bars because a hundred random people in the forums screamed about PVP balance? Surely blizz is just making this up and is only listening to the loud ā€œcry babiesā€, right guys? :roll_eyes:

Only mod you really need is Plugy for the holy grail. Which you could eliminate even that by just giving us more stash space or character slotsā€¦

12 Likes

sadge. Hopefully that stance changes over time or you at the very least use mods as influence for season themes in the future. just snuffing multiplayer mods like that is kinda crappy.

6 Likes

Or an achievement system so you donā€™t have to keep items you donā€™t need. They would register in the achievement and you could track it there. Maybe that is something they can add sometime. Of courseā€¦would it be based on getting them to DROP for you, or just acquiring them even through trade? Hmmm.

9 Likes

Itā€™ll be back, community sideā€¦ No worries.

yesā€¦ YES! I wouldnā€™t have to keep all the crap sets and uniques if i had a system to let me know i picked them up.

3 Likes

Yes this needs added

Umm, you realize that the EULA does not allow for that and Blizz can legally go after people for Intellectual Property Theft?

You are rather brave to announce that sort of thing on the official forums.

1 Like

No. Easy fix is I join a game and start talking to people.
Not go into this or do this.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update. We could use quite a few more of them!

This is pretty bad :frowning:

Why not replace TCP/IP by more modern P2P standards then? If it is about security concerns?

Will something like Plugy, in its full functionality, be possible? The developer seems to believe it will not.
(Note; i know most of Plugy is being added by default, the question is about whether a mod like that could be made in D2R)

Great and everything (certainly better than removing the old game), but when trying to sell a ā€œfaithful remasterā€ it doesnā€™t seem that useful.

The right decision for sure.
Should look into fixing monsters reaction range of course, so 21:9 might one day be added.

Voice chat is never a good replacement for a text chat tbh. Both should exist, especially as consoles have become more and more PC-like.

Yep. The reasoning does not feel true.

:+1: :+1:

One of the many concerns that should indeed be addressed.

Yeah, removing TCP/IP, MP mods, as well as chat and lobby on console really screams protecting the authenticity of D2.

18 Likes

Can you please clarify more about what type of modding will be allowed in D2R?
For example, why is PlugY, a Single Player mod that allows unlimited stash now blocked by Blizzard? I donā€™t understand why a Single Player mod is not allowed, since it has nothing to do with online security and will never be used on Battle.netā€¦

12 Likes

Donā€™t really care about these forums.
Iā€™m an old man, who was sold something other than what I ordered.

23 Likes

I really do hope you reconsider your stance on proper lobbies and text chat on consoles.

This went from my most anticipated release this year to the biggest disappointment of a game this year.

36 Likes

GG, good changes IMO.

Leave the mods out of the game so people play on BNET and play the real game. The security of the game > anything else.

Glad console players are getting owned too tbh, this game is a PC game not a console game. Them changing anything to appease the console players is a joke. Buy a PC and play diablo the way its supposed to be played.

2 Likes

Buy a computer and play on it. Easy fix.

2 Likes

Soā€¦Nintendo Switch, still coming out and supported the same way the other consoles will be?

Now would be a good time to announce any problems, thanks.

9 Likes

No offense but this game would suck on console. I cant imagine playing it like that.

But I also suck at console games in general. So its just me

6 Likes

Still leaves a broken console edition. Why even make a console version of the game if youā€™re not going to do it right.

25 Likes

Iā€™d even go one up and have it only recognize perfect items of each unique

For the sales. Ez money grab. Canā€™t even imagine trying to navigate this game on console tbh. Seems like a joke.

6 Likes