Diablo II: Resurrected Console Lobbies, TCP/IP, & UW Updates

That’s not how it works. It’s still a product being sold that costs the same amount as the PC version.

7 Likes

You’re right. As far as I know blizzard isn’t refusing any refunds.

1 Like

I couldn’t get it, people said: “UW gamers are so small percentage, likely a bit more than 1%, as per Steam data, who cares about them” but turned out people act like this 1%, with PvP advantage of the extra screen space, is so huge in amounts and will ruined the entire game of the rest?
And in addition, how many gamers of this small percentage will even play PvP? And even, also played in ranged classses to they can fully utilized this advantage?
In general, it’s a little percentage of a 1%.
I dont think Diablo 2 is created mainly for PvP, and so many competitive games like CS, they supported UW, people just fine with it.
I feel that Blizzard intentionally create this UW issue just to show that they’re listening to customers and also drive us away from other issues, like TCP/IP, chat, mods…

1 Like

And there will be a lot of people who will be refunding the console version due to no lobbies which was the main part of multiplayer games (I am one of them), how is this good for business? So the idea that we should “be grateful to get anything” is a very idiotic statement when it comes to customers who are “paying” for a product lol. Your statement sounds like Blizzard is giving this game away to its fans for free.

7 Likes

UW user here. Personally I was disappointed not to have 21:9 but it’s not a deal breaker. I really wish it was something other than black bars though.
Even just a pillar on each side would be better

4 Likes

There will be no multiplayer modding for D2R, simple as that.

It can get worse. The statement that “a form of modding will still be possible” is worded in such a way that it includes only examples of txt file modding and nothing about the new D2R json files. This is concerning.

You can make a decent mod with only the txt files and custom assets in classic D2. My original version of Median XL was just that. However, it seems some functionality that was handled entirely within the txt files in classic D2 now also involves the json files, and of course adding custom assets requires the json files.

Making a single player only mod that is worth using is hard, but theoretically possible. I’ve been thinking about it, though I have no idea if there is a meaningful market for a single player mod. But if the json files are indeed not moddable in the release version, they effectively pulled the plug on mod support entirely.

6 Likes

Nah, Just happy to get a remaster at all. I could have been stuck with diablo 4 as my only hope.

That’s cool, so are you playing D2R on PC?

Both, However, I can’t see myself playing much multiplayer on console.

Wow. Console players can’t join rush games? Blizzard, c’mon, you can’t make Diablo 2 without custom roommaking. It’s half the game. You just can’t. If a console player, who’s never played Diablo 2, plays Diablo 2 resurrected and doesn’t like it, we will never know if they like Diablo 2. This is because they will have never played it, still. You need these lobbies. A D3 like drop down with “team finding” is not D2. It is not the experience.

17 Likes

Well, that makes sense why you want to bootlick. You will be playing it on PC. :joy:

1 Like

They sure did didn’t they. + the censorship of how sexy the game was before very sad Blizzard basically went through and added cloths to everything or covered everything up. besides thee exception of Andy. . . but even the sorc and the Amazon got hit with the ugly stick and cover it up ladies.

4 Likes

“Finding a way” is now a DMCA violation, which is a criminal offence. I’m not risking a criminal record and having my life ruined by Activision’s legal team just to mod this game when I could instead mod any other game whose developers actually support and encourage modding instead of lying on Twitter and pulling the rug when the preorders are in.

14 Likes

This really needs to he highlighted, again and again.

I honestly didn’t think Blizzard might go for another Warcraft 3 Reforged, and yet here we are :confused:

13 Likes

This 100%, what made D2 multiplayer unique can’t be captured in a trailer or be spoken with words. I think the devs really need to understand that. New players on console are going to have a very different experience without the ability to create trading rooms or even rushes (and whatever other novelty games I’m forgetting). D3 was a different story because that was an online co-op campaign at best, that wasn’t even Diablo.

11 Likes

I never liked the Dclone event usually can not find where he spawns.

1 Like

RIP D2R mod-community.

9 Likes

That is not “your” community. You yourself have cut them away from D2R. Please, do not pretend that you care for them. Shame on you.

7 Likes

Having no console lobbies was a terrible experience on console especially for d2 even on d3 the system is horrible i really hope they get added in the games otherwise great besides the odd thing being added in but console lobbies and no text chat really are needed more so the lobbies please fix this…

15 Likes

Make a global chat where everyone can talk to one another instead of going to the lobby every single time you want to keep a chat going.

1 Like