Diablo Clone incentivizes bots/duping

Definately shouldn’t be less rare. So 1 soj on bnet is stupid, and global spawn is also stupid.

I think that is a mistake. I agree soj isn’t that rare, and selling one soj for anni would be a big mistake in my opinion considering how powerful anni is and how it is ment to be a rare event.

Anni pretty much gives you 40-80 free vitality points, 10-20 to all resistances and a decent damage boost. That is pretty huge, specially early on.

I still think they should have made each SoJ sale have a 25% to 33% chance to spawn DClone, and only in that game.

But they decided to keep it a community event. I guess that has it’s own merit… Lets just hope they eliminated the ways it can be farmed/hoarded that way it is a true community event. I don’t want it to evolve into something we have to have mIRC running and pay “tribute” to be included in the runs.

If by that, you mean duping or botting, then i agree.

The tribute you pay is your contribution to the spawn. Meaning X-amount of sojs.

You know what I mean. $$$

Real money should never be a part of video game mechanics, so i agree.

Here’s another idea that I had on popping dClone, and those who contribute SoJs have a much better chance of getting him to spawn:

Those that don’t contribute have a chance as well, but it is very small.

I don’t get why Annihilus charm is so revered. It’s got some nice stats, but it’s nothing game breaking. I see it as something that helps me level up and keep my resistances up in Hell mode. I enjoy fighting D clone more than having the charm.

1 Like

Its because its +1 all skills for 1 inventory slot. Every end game build uses it for this reason. There is not better use of an inventory slot than this.

Just another nail in the coffin for this games community. D2 is horrible for casuals, and hardcores require an abundant casual population to have a thriving multiplayer game.
D2 is 20 years old, sure, and has a decent community. With its mods. What do those mods do? Make it more friendly for casuals.
Rocket science, this isn’t.

I get it, but torch is a better value for two slots. Also Anni is not a deal breaker. It does not change builds in any significant way.

It also gives the bonus to XP, which is a big deal when you’re grinding to 99.

1 Like

depends really ,
Both can give up to 20 all stats and +20 all resist except one only take 1 slot , the other 2.
torch only gives +3 to a specific class in two slots.
Annilhus gives +1 in one slot but it’s an “+ 1 ALL skill”
while also giving you a nice exp boost. In a farming game the exp boost is pretty important.
And also it being all skill is also pretty important since it also boost teleport from enigma , and all barbarian buff skill from Call to arms among other things.

So i wouldn’t say it’s a better value per say.
Eitherway , having both of those are pretty much required for high end build.

This is the best unique modifier of the charm in my opinion. I wish the Anni charm would not have any level restriciton so I could pass it on to a new character to help it level up a little faster :slight_smile:

Simply because it’s so rare. Anyone can farm a torch by getting the keys and farming the ubers, but DClone only spawned when a dedicated group banded together, went IP farming to all land on the same server, and then sell all the SOJ’s everyone contributed at one time.

Everyone on the server benefited from that group, so I don’t get the hostility toward them as if they were hogging all the annis. The charms simply wouldn’t exist without the work they did.

That’s the problem with bringing that system over to the new game. No one is going to sell an SOJ just to increment the counter by one if there’s not a very good chance for Diablo to walk the earth. That’s why they were always gathered beforehand and sold as a group.

I don’t disagree with anything you just said :+1:

This is genius lolololol /s

Hopefully no dupes, botters are something that will be a never ending fight and no one feature will be the reason for their existence.

I wouldn’t be too sure about that. VV and Blizz might just need to readjust the numbers. They might need to nerf them a bit.

This is almost certainly true, if they keep the current system.

Leaves me wondering: why don’t they abandon this design and find another rationale for spawning the clone? Personally, I’d like it to be based on how long my character/account has played, i.e. the chance to spawn would grow the more hours played.

Reward based on effort, and not because of some random server activity.

They could still base it off of server activity if done right. By not making it too high or too low. They will have to keep it where it is now till they find out how many players will be able to spawn the clone.

Agreed, and that’s probably how it will work, at least initially. But, there’s an opportunity to improve this design eventually - after they’ve watched a few weeks/months to see how well they’ve stopped botting/duping.

Back in the day (~2006-2009), I joined the “chase hot server” club, and eventually got fairly good at finding, milking servers about to pop - finding tons of Ani’s. It wasn’t very hard once you got used to it.

But, it always felt like cheating to me…