Diablo clone event on BNET

Hi all, and sorry for the bad English. Please reconsider the price of selling 75-120 SOJs in multiplayer to spawn Diablo Clone on Battle.net Servers

I think you should make it viable as Single Player, selling 1 SOJ to spawn Diablo only in your game.

4 Likes

We don’t yet know the full details about how spawning DClone will work.

A few guesses of mine:

If this is a global event and EVERYONE that is playing gets DClone, we might be a seeing a peak of him popping once every week, maybe even every few days. A rough guess… This would of course make Annihilus very common, so I’m leaning on globally not being the best choice.

If it is restricted by regions, more populated regions would have the advantage, so this may not be such a good choice either.

Another possibility is they could do some sort of lotto/chance system. Everyone gets a base chance of seeing him pop, but it is very low. If you are one that sells a SoJ, it increases your accounts chance of seeing DClone spawn but does not guarantee it. When he finally does spawn, whether it’s this event or the next one, your chance goes back down to default.

We will know soon enough, either by them telling us, or us having to figure it out for ourselves. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was an official statement of Blizzard https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/diablo-ii-resurrected-console-lobbies-tcpip-uw-updates/44360/158

Yes I know, I saw it earlier.

I did make a reply in there to Pez answer: My Post

"I do think that getting 75-120 sojs to sell, when being able to “farm” games based on Game IPs to spawn DC in multiple games, so all in the group can get an Anni after tipping in x sojs, is possible.

However! When not having Game IPs to farm - selling 75-120 sojs as a single person, without using any dupe methods, is just simple impossible.

Please rethink this solution."

We dont know how the spawning will happen on the new bnet servers. Would it just be ALL active servers, then 75-120 could be fine since we wont have the massive amount of duped SoJ’s anymore.

If selling 75-120 sojs, would have DC spawn in all active hell games - that would make Anni worth almost nothing.

The one soj for single player seems fair enough, in the end it is just single player so it wont hurt anyone and self founding one soj is quite hard already.

For the online gameplay I would leave it as it is now and see how it beheaves, future adjustments can be introduced if the walks are too easy to achieve, lets see.

Remember that we have 3 regions, not just one. At least in the beta you couldnt join an americas game while you were logged into the europe region, you also couldnt see other regions’ games in the lobby. I suppose that we will have 3 different counts.

This was for Beta only.
On launch you can join all games in all regions, without having to close down the game and change region.

Do you have an official source for this?

This is the best I can find, right now: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/rod-fergusson-just-confirmed-no-chat-or-lobbies-for-console/42713/139

“Also, any regional locks on playing with friends on the same platform were beta only. Those will not persist for release. So Americas PS players can play with friends in EU for example.”

I did see a tweet or reddit post some time ago, that confirmed it as well, but currently can’t find it.

A couple of DClone ideas I’ve had:

1. They could make a weekly thing. 1 week you have to find lenymos to sell to spawn DClone. Another week you have to find ribcrackers to sell to spawn DClone. Set number would have to be sold for DClone to spawn. The only way for anyone to have DClone spawn in their game is if you had found one, and sold it during that week of whatever item is up for selling to spawn DClone. Also, items would be flagged for selling if you traded for the item that is up for selling to spawn DClone. You have to find the item yourself, and not be traded for.

2. Since it is global servers if it still works the same way, and people can see SoJ’s sold to merchants I believe they could make a value of 1-100 sold to spawn him. Every hour everyone gets a chance to guess a number between 1-100. If you guess right you can make a game, and he spawns in that game. If DClone doesn’t spawn within that hour it carries over to the next hour. If you had already guessed a number on the previous hour you can’t guess another number on the carry over hour, and can only guess one number after each DClone spawn.

3. What about if we think backwards. Instead of selling SoJ’s to spawn DClone, what if he is spawned by the number of SoJ’s that drop somehow? Maybe like every 100 SoJ’s dropped(found) globally he spawns on that 100th drop. It resets, and the next 100th drop will spawn DClone. This will make Anni extremely rare because it all depends on who gets the 100th drop of a SoJ found. Although SoJ’s are extremely rare to find as it is so this would definitely make Anni’s rare. Or, another idea on this is strictly whoever finds a SoJ(it has to drop from a monster, not be duped if people do end up duping items, and whether solo self found, or in a group) then DClone automatically spawns on the next Super Unique in that game. That way people will get rewarded for finding a SoJ to spawn DClone. Only thing is it would have to be a Hell game since DClone can’t spawn in NM, or Norm. Unless they remove this restriction. Would have to get a high enough character in that NM, or Norm game to kill him.

4. Another idea could be during a daily timeframe Blizzard could set different time parameters for the finding of a SoJ, and if you find one during that timeframe you can use that SoJ to either keep, or sell to spawn DClone in your game. Example: D2: R launches Thursday, September 23rd. Let’s say they announce Friday, September 24th 1:00P.M. PST to 9:00P.M. PST to find SoJ for DClone. If you play during those hours, and find a SoJ you can have a chance at spawning DClone if you choose to sell that SoJ to spawn DClone. Next day Saturday, September 25th they could use same timeframes, or switch it up, and allow shorter, or longer periods to find a SoJ to use for DClone. This seems like a pretty good idea because people may switch from Baal runs, etc. and group/solo MF to try to find that SoJ during the timeframe set forth.

5. Game gold could involve spawning DClone. Either from gambling a low chance item to spawn him, or at least have a part in spawning him. This would make game gold more valuable!

That sentence doesnt confirm that different regions logged players can cross play togheter. We need more info to confirm your point. It would have an impact, yet not too large, but it is not the same 1/3 than 1, of course.

1 Like

Thats not realistic… Clearly they havnt gotten to that yet and are focused on other stuff.