Diablo: Book of Lorath (Diablo Character Tome)

This one appears to be more D4 related. Is Lorath Nahr, one of the last of the dwindling Horadrim the old man at the grave in the opening cinematic, I say yes. I wonder if he will be the D4 narrator. I might get this one.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Make your stand against the darkness with this comprehensive, stunningly illustrated artifact handed down by the Horadric Order, your key to the lore of Blizzard Entertainment’s Diablo® franchise.

Amid the restless evil of Sanctuary, only the Horadrim—an ancient order of heroes and scholars—wield the knowledge needed to light the way for humanity. In the Book of Lorath, join Lorath Nahr, one of the last of the dwindling Horadrim, on a journey through Sanctuary’s most powerful relics and the stories behind them. It is Lorath’s hope that this volume will preserve his knowledge for all time . . . and pass it down to those who will inherit the fight against the Prime Evils.

​Direct from the Diablo® development team and award-winning author Matthew J. Kirby, this immersive, must-have compendium with all-new illustrations showcases the artifacts that have often been—and might yet be—the key to tipping the fate of the world. ​

2 Likes

I can’t think of anyone else it could be, it would fit quite well as Lorath has accomplished some impressive feats (facing and possibly defeating a number of reapers), as well as survival skills. And since D4 takes place decades after D3 RoS, it would add up with him becoming an old man as he was young in D3 RoS. Not to mention that the old man in the gameplay trailer seemed to be someone who believes that Hell is making a move, and thus is prepared to face it, which reminds me of Lorath’s statement to Tyrael of the Horadrim knowing of the risks and are willing to face said risks in order to accomplish their goals.

As for the book itself, yep, I definitely intend to get that one.

2 Likes

Cain 2.0 confirmed lol

1 Like

With added combat capabilities

1 Like

Do we know how many Horadrim were alive at the time of RoS, it appears that at least some of them survived to make it to the events of D4. If Lorath is still alive could he have formed a new order with younger members? Or is it just a few drunk old timers who are talking to graves? I wonder if they will tell us what became of the D3 followers. I enjoyed the Shen and follower side quests in D3.

I imagine quite of number (not plentiful, but still quite a bit) of the Horadrim had survived the events of D3 RoS, especially considering there were enough members under Tyrael’s command that he could send some throughout Sanctuary for missions and/or investigations, such as the group of Horadrims that were sent to Skovos Isles.

It’s the years (perhaps decades) that came after D3 RoS, in which the Horadrim fell into another decline and ended up being reduced to “drunken mad old men” talking to graves (perhaps due to Lilith’s and/or the Triune’s actions). As for whether Lorath (assuming he’s indeed the old man at the grave) tries to reform the Horadrim and/or recruit new members into it’s current ranks, is anyone’s guess. However if he is indeed attempting to do so, I imagine that it would be during the events of D4 itself. Who knows, maybe we’ll actually end up joining the Horadrim in this one, rather than simply allying ourselves with them.

1 Like