Diablo 4 Runewords why not have it all and more

Yup, this is spot on. Don’t have items limited to combat, make them part of the world, part of the “darkness”.

I’ll steal somebody else idea (Shadout) because it’s quite simple and add a lot of possibilities (And I don’t remember wich post it was).

1. Add a third possibility to rune: Trigger - Effect - Empower (Wich boost Effect rune)
  2. Increase the number of socket on Legendaries and Rare to up to 3, Blue up to 4-5 and white 5-6.

Now you can choose on Legendary/Rare with 3 sockets:

• Trigger - Trigger - Effect (If you have a really good Effect and want it Up more often)
  • Trigger - Effect - Effect (If you have a Trigger that is easy to achieve so you can keep 2 effects Up, cannot stack the 2 same effect)
  • Trigger - Effect - Empower (If you have a really important Effect for your build and want to increase his power/effect)

Blue and White item will also be useful. With so many socket slots, they can also be BiS for your build if your build focus a lot on runes.

And finally, bring back some Runewords (Unique item created by using a certain combinations of rune into a specific type of White item with the right number of sockets.) Something like 20-25 items with different level of power and a few (2-4) really strong GG items really hard to get.

1 Like

Nice ideas, i wrote earlier about i similar system to change the effects in different ways :stuck_out_tongue:

were having a debate over on
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/runewords-are-very-possible-within-the-new-system/10313/2

if the unique runeword items should have main stats and stuff or the unique runeword only should be an empowerment of the effect of the combined rune :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah nice! That’s exactly those kind of Empower effect that could be great on Effect rune. Your example are good. I like when a Strong Positive effect also bring a negative counterpart, but you have find ways to reduce that counterpart and optimise the Positive boost.

Good job !