Diablo 4 / Diablo 3 expansion

To continue the story of diablo I think the next stage should be that the heaven and hell entities come together to discuss the growing threat of the nephelem and how they are getting too powerful. that could set the stage for the next game to be how the heaven/hell entities team up to subdue the nephelem and players would then choose a deamon or angel class to battle the mortal realm which the bosses could be made up from the top players of D1, D2, and D3. The nephelem are really the source of imbalance in the universe and a move away from playing a humanoid character could be an interesting change to show how the higher beings see the threat of the growning power of us as the players over the last 3 games and multiple seasons… could be interesting.

Who can act as the leader of Hell now? Lilith? Yet she would try to use nephalem as her pawn to destroy heaven.

As for the Heaven, they just recently vote again for the fate of the mortals, and the result was to “leave them alone”, again, before ROS. Breaking what they’ve decided (especially that recent) is not something archangels will do. That is not their nature.

Like, Imperius hates mortals, so much that he wants to eliminate them (us) now. Yet he never does that because the law and the vote forbids him to do so.

They need to bring back Baal, it’s because of him the world stone got destroyed and later caused malthael to become the aspect of death. Diablo didn’t really accomplish anything. In Diablo 2, Baal sits on his throne while the hero fights his troops, while a mirrored copy of himself is corrupting the world stone. Diablo helped with the soul stones, but he wasn’t the one corrupted the world stone or messed with malthael’s mind.

From my understanding, while Baal’s the indirect reason that the Worldstone was destroyed, he didn’t cause Malthael’s change. But I would definitely love to see Baal and Mephisto again.

Aside from being the one who ensured Baal would be able to do what he did in the first place.

It seemed so weird to me that Baal is really the big bad of Diablo 2, but he’s weaker than Diablo himself in the lore. I think it’d be more interesting if Baal was the strongest of the Prime Evils (embodying Destruction itself should count for something), but just isn’t the most effective, Prime Evil. There is a difference between Strength, and Power. I’d like it more if Diablo was the perfect balance between Mephisto and Baal, rather than just… outright better than they are.

Baal- Strong, but too rash and often unthinking.
Mephstio- Weaker, but contemplative, a true strategic and tactican.
DIablo- Superior to both, because he can outthink Baal, and he can beat up Mephisto, lol

I treat the dynamics similar to this, where each of them have a balance. Baal represents a powerhouse and a degree of cunning that keeps him ahead, but despite being advanced, he’s still intellectually outmatched. Mephisto, the ultimate planner, and one established as being able to spin Diablo towards his plans. Diablo wouldn’t necessarily be the brightest nor the strongest, but he’s marked in lore for cunning and tenacity. What Mephisto does over time he matches and surpasses in quick thinking and causing more immediate anarchy (though obviously far more measured than Baal).