Diablo 4 Charm Concept - New Item Type

Salvaging drove me crazy. I much prefer crafting with gems, runes and junk jewels.

I just feel forced to carry around garbage. What is the point of more inventory space if you just have to carry trash in it? Charms should come back, they are better than salvage.

A charm overlay could be implemented that overlays your inventory with a slight shade, this part of the inventory could be used for charms or items (as opposed to just items). As you quest or level the charm space could grow.

Finding charms is fun. They are always unidentified, rare to find, seldom good and rarely great (this sounds like a way better pitch than keep every single junk item until you have enough “materials”).

1 Like

I don’t get the point of this, tbh.
This is just ‘more items slots’, nothing special.
If they had to add those, it would make more sense to add them in form of more actual gear slots, allowing us to customize also visually.

And I don’t get why people like charms so much, they were pretty much D2’s paragon levels that ate your inventory space, that’s it.

They were necessary to bypass certain attribute prerequisites to use certain items involved in certain low level duel builds.

Not so much necessary, but rather, enabled the spending of attribute points elsewhere. Such as vitality instead of strength or dexterity.

Bringing back charms without bringing back a new and improved player decided attribute system I haven’t vested any thought into. I’m willing to guess that without the attribute system in place, the charm system wouldn’t have been nearly as attractive.

Tbh, if D4 focuses on character respecing instead of creating new ones (which I personally hope they do since creating a new character each time I wanted to try something out of a complete waste of time) then that aspect of charms won’t be there, even if they are added.