Diablo 3 standard edition disk

I have the diablo 3 standard edition disk and was only given the starter edition what do i do

Visit the Blizzard shop above. Buy the Reaper of Souls and the Rise of the Necromancer expansion packs.

Make sure you’ve redeemed the key which came with the standard edition and if you have multiple accounts, make sure you login with the correct one. Sometimes it may take up to 72h before the system properly updates and your license goes from starter->standard.

1 Like

You do not have to purchase Reaper of Souls or Rise of the Necromancer. These are optional. But, you’ll be missing the best part of the game without RoS. The Necromancer is optional.

All you need to do is register your License Key by logging in to your Blizzard Account online, as Kirottu suggested.

I didn’t think that had to be said - instructions are in the box.

I see by your profile you have a seasonal Barbarian, so guess you downloaded RoS. Grats and happy hunting!

RoS is not required to create a seasonal character. Of course without it one can’t really benefit from seasons but nothing stops from creating a seasonal character without it.

Did not know that. Figured you would have to have RoS or else it wouldn’t give option. No rifts, no bounties, no…anything, really.

I did not know this either. But, as you said, what’s the point?  

You can’t even do the very first Season Objective in Chapter I: Complete a Nephalem Rift.  

Well, I guess maybe could do a Nephalem Rift and bounties from Act I, II, III & IV. Very little else?

Does D3, without RoS, have an Adventure Mode?

If not, there’s no Rift Obelisk, no Orek and no Bounties.

That I couldn’t tell you. I’ve had RoS since release, so not sure what seasons would have without it.

Even if it does, Adventure Mode is unlocked by completing Act V and D3 does not have an Act V.

However, Adventure Mode is automatically unlocked for Seasonal Characters, so… I don’t know either. (I pre-ordered RoS and have no way to test this).

No, it does not.

Adventure Mode, Rifts, Greater Rifts, Bounties and Challenge Rifts are ROS only which means that the vast majority of the Season Journey tasks are impossible to achieve without it.

Okay. That’s what I thought. Thanks for the confirmation.

Curious though, that D3-only players can create a Seasonal Character then.

It’s still a fresh start. That is one of the reasons people play seasons.

They just end up with a seasonal hero that can only play in Campaign Mode.

Yeah. I forgot about that. And if they Rebirth a main non-Season Character they can keep the number of hours played.