Diablo 3 PTR 2.7.3 - Has Ended

Realm of the Banished is the single most infuriating and poorly designed of any level in gaming history, imho

It’s great if you love getting lost and dealing with dead-ends

I usually just leave and restart the game if it comes up in rifts, it’s just not worth the headache for me.

That level should certainly be put in the waste-bin

1 Like

When pushing with DH impale you want to isolate Elite and kill it while there is not many trash around. In that scenario sewers where not so bad.

2 Likes
  1. Loot! Awesome loot!
  2. Now they will be end-game optional not determinants of what GR you are permitted to enter – a major difference in approach. Also, the zone layout might be reworked (hopefully) to address some bugs where mobs would get stuck somewhere off screen and prevent being even noticed by the players in time, never mind killed.

Of course, the devil’s in the details. How they implement this game mode will make it or break it. PTR will give us a solid glimpse. Starts tomorrow.

P.S. All that having said, yes, the original implementation of the Realm of Trials concept was awful. The new one must be an improvement, else it’s a waste of time.

S26 update : We basically added horde mode and QoL changes that should have been added several seasons (years) ago. You’re welcome, guys.

What is Horde Mode?

Multiplayer?

Since you’re working on Rifts, can you give Vesalius a minimap icon?

10 Likes

I noticed that there is an upcoming change for Bindings of the Lesser Gods, how will this fix Fire Ally Innas on Non Seasons? All normal Legendaries have not to this point been retroactive in changes (both buffs and nerfs). Instead they have become what players now call “legacy” items.

I feel like, IF 1 retroactive change to a non set legendary is done, then all prior legendaries should be changed to reflect current counterparts (just as an example: all primal flavor of times prior to adding double pylon duration buff).

After having read these patch notes and not having PTR to test yet, I do not feel this is going to be an appropriate fix to the over performance of Innas Fire Ally. I feel like players who like how Innas Fire Monk plays currently will just resort to Non Seasonal Gameplay.

Incorrect, there have been retroactive changes. But only when the changed feature was not directly stored in the data of the individual items. Example, Ring of Emptiness. Previously required both Haunt and Locust Swarm applied to proc, now only requires one or the other. Another example, Shield of Fury. Its stacks are capped but the cap itself is not stored in the item data.

Bindings of the Lost Gods won’t be any different. The additional 5x damage to Fire Allies is not stored in the item data, it’s external modifier. It can be removed woth relative easy.

The Item currently reads when looking at it in game “Enemies hit by your Cyclone Strike take (150-200%) increased damage from your Mystic Ally for 5 seconds. Split Fire Allies gain 5 times this bonus” therefore yes it is currently stored in the items data.

I get what you mean with Ring of Emptiness (the flavor text did not change until you got a new one) and Shield of Fury (back end cap server side that was a nerf not with flavor text).

The legendary items basically contain a reference to an external function (the legendary power) and it’s RNG value. That’s it. The extra 5x multiplier is not stored in the item, it’s attached to the external function.

The flavor text is meaningless. And in the case of RoE the flavor text did change too.

all im going to say, is if flavor text was meaningless HOW do we have the Legacy Items i stated in my original post if

that would mean ANY primal Flavor of Time prior to the patch that doubled duration or Any primal Squirts Necklace (to name a few) would give you the bonus they currently do because the “external function” is to do what the new flavor text states…

The FoTs and Squirts prior to having legendary powers do not have references to an external function. A retroactive change would require modifying each item across the user database individually and adding the reference.

Similary a major change to an existing legendary power is not retroactive because the legacy and new versions have references to different functions. Recent example, Lakumba’s Ornament.

The BotLG change does not require modifying the items. No reference needs touching. Only the external function is being modified. The flavor text is also external and can be modified.

If I’m understanding the Echoing Nightmare Rift correctly, this new Update/Season is going to be horrible for Hardcore players as we will have to wait to level up to a pretty high level before even attempting to risk it. Regulars player can just jump in as soon as they reach level 70 and not risk anything. Very unfair. How is this Rift beneficial to Hardcore player that will lose everything and have to start over when trying to benefit from the Rift. Hardcore players have NEVER gotten an update that benefits us. My Network goes goes down, I lose everything; Blizzard’s network lags or goes down, I lose everything. Now we have a Rift that we can only play if we’re at about Level 1000 or above, and the better we do in it, the more likely we are to lose our character along with all the hard work we’ve done to get where we are. Really! It seems that we, again, have gotten the short end of the stick.

Am I the only Hardcore player feeling this way. Throw us a bone. How about something that benefits us Hardcore players. Please!

It remains to be seen how the Echoing Nightmare actually functions.

If the game mode is to keep going until you die, I’m sure they will disable perma death for it… else no HC player would touch the mode.

If that is the case, that will be that VERY FIRST TIME Blizzard has given Hardcore players a Bone. I love playing hardcore, but I lose my mind when I lose a character due to no fault of mind. I’m sure Blizzard is aware of this, yet of done nothing. If we can’t play the Rifts, what’s the use of playing.

Whilst I don’t play HC much these days (I have to walk away from the PC at any time now), I’ve put in a good number of hours in HC on my alt account.

I don’t feel HC players are being disadvantaged on purpose. By definition, HC is a mode that punishes severely for making a mistake. HC players will always be disadvantaged and it’s by choice.

Sure, the deaths from lags is a problem. That’s ruined many a push for me and my clan mates. But in terms of game features, not every game feature can be balanced between SC and HC and I don’t believe it will ever be the case that HC will have an advantage over SC to the addition of perma death. At best the advantage will be on par.

Understandably frustrating as I’ve experienced this many times in the past (lost a lot of good primal gear from DCs) but I do believe they’ve tried to help mitigate this.

Follower revamp for example added in an extra second life. For solo games at least, that’s two second lives at least that can trigger which might just be long enough to get one through that 10sec window between when a DC occurs and when the server properly drops us from a game.

What I’d like to see is for Ancestor’s Grace to be more usable. No one is going to wear that thing and it’s useless as is. I mean… level 31 before it drops. We can use the follower’s second life at this point if I remember correctly.

AG should instead be a stackable item we can put on our character that, after all other second lives are used up, will take effect. However, there should be penalties for using it such as losing 20% of your current paragon’s required xp to get to the next paragon, and 50% of the total rewards when you finish the GR. So if you’ve exhausted all normal second lives and use 2 AGs, you get zero xp, gold, shards, or loot for finishing the GR. Probably need to put a cap on the number of AGs one can use in a GR too. Wouldn’t mind the game rewarding players for getting a PB past GR110 without using my version of AG… maybe a guaranteed primal drop.

Indeed, the loss of Primal Gear due to no fault of mine is the hardest thing to stomach, considering how long it takes to gear up a Primal. I lost a toon this season that had two Primals, due to computer lag.

Any Hint on what time this starts tomorrow?

OK, maybe AG can be put to better use… new cube recipe that allows us to transmute primal gear with an AG so that on death, that primal item is mailed back to us. Might help take the sting out of losing primal gear.

1 Like