Diablo 3 on Switch Crashing

Crashing often enough that it is almost impossible to complete a bounty. Switch is barely warm to the touch, and has great ventilation. Crashing seems to be a new thing with season 21, was working fine previously, but it has been a while since I played. I tried completely deleting and reinstalling the game, but crashing persists. There also appears to be no difference in crash rate based on docked vs. portable. I also tried playing a non-season character as I thought it might be related to the season effects, but the crashing was present there too. No other game on my Switch crashes like this and there are quite a few that can make it run a bit warmer than Diablo 3. I’d appreciate any help as Diablo 3 is my favorite Switch game and I’d really like to be able to complete season 21. Thank you!

1 Like

Is game installed on SD card? I had issues with other games that were installed on SD card, had to download directly to switch. Hope this helps!

I am having a similar problem. I hadn’t played the game for awhile and installed it on the switch a few months ago. Played it many hours and built lots of characters with no crashes. Then season 21 started. It was fine, again no crashes, and got through the conquests and season challenges. Suddenly just after the double bounties change in the season, it seems to crash now pretty regularly on the switch all the time, even sometimes at the start of a nephalem rift or in the middle of a greater rift. You get an error code and then the game ends and the software closes. I’ve tried rebooting, restarting, turning it off manually. Nothing seems to work. Other games aren’t crashing so I think it’s D3 only and season 21 related after the double bounties patch. If anyone else is having he problem or has a solution, I’d appreciate it…

1 Like

Me too, pal. It is frustrating and there seems to be little info from Blizzard or Nintendo. I have yet to find a fix.

Just started Season 27, same thing happening here. Thought it was due to a busy season start last night, but tried early this morning (off hours NA eastern time), and had same issue. Crashes after a few min of play.

I’ve played many hours in previous seasons, but it has been a while. Was hoping to come back for season 27…

pj4533…you do realize this thread is over 2 years old, right?
two years, man. that’s right.