Diablo 3 on PS4 (from couch to online)

A friend of mine and I started to play a couch game on Diablo 3 on PlayStation 4. We both played on the one machine side by side on one television and we both got up to level 63 or so. I’ve used my own profile while he used another profile on the same machine.

I have moved to different location and now we would like to continue to play this game online from where we left at level 63.

From the original machine that has the save I can start the game and he can join the game but his character is always level one (as he gets prompted to create a character).

Would his character he’s able to see the old statistics of the previous character but can continue from level 63 but only level one.

For my machine I have exported the save from the profile I played on and from the PS account I have tied to that profile. My friend on his machine then logged in with my credentials downloaded save and we hope that somehow that would allow him to continue playing on his machine from level 63 but that wasn’t the case.

I would like to know if we can continue playing our game, that we initially started locally, now to be played online from two different locations he on his machine and me on my machine.

I would appreciate any suggestions, thank you!

do either of you have playstation plus? or both? if the answer is neither, you would have to take a usb drive and download his “other profile” to that usb drive and use that usb drive to upload to his ps4 system.

Otherwise if you both have ps+, its a faster process by just uploading the “other profile” to the cloud and downloading the other profile to the other playstation.

If by some odd chance you had a “guest” account and it wasnt really his account, I think that character might be able to get transferred over via the usb key but he would have to create that same account on his playstation.

I found it much easier to create a playstation account for someone even if they dont even own a playstation and allow them to use that account off my playstations to save game progress and load up at a later time.

Yes, only with that we can connect online and play from a distance. Both have PSN indeed.

On the system where we originally played couch, I used my profile (User1) and he used another temporary profile (User2) just to play the game. The game was played couch on my system, without PSN.

Now I want to continue our game, but he has to use his system with his own profile (User3). We are both using PSN online now because we live at distance from each other.

You are saying that I can upload the other profile (User2) he used on the system to PSN? How do I upload this profile? From the account (User1) which has the PSN account?

The profile (User2) doesn’t have a PSN account since it was created then to play couch with me. The only account that has PSN is the real profile on the system, User1.

The profile account (User2) we played couch with me was created for the sake of being able to play couch coop for the game. That profile does not have any PSN account connected to it.

Now, on his machine he tried connecting using his system profile l(User3).

Confused about who does what now. He then needs to somehow download profile for User2 was used on my system when we played couch?

He then needs to download this profile and save to his system and load the profile? But then how is he going to connect to play online with User2 profile if there is no PSN set for that account?

Very confusing. Thank you for clearifying.

thats the key. Sadly his progress is/was “temporary”.

I was referring to using a usb drive to upload from the console to the usb drive but he would need to have that same “temp 2” profile on his playstation. Best thing to do is a do over, just have him use his own profile on his own playstation. losing a level 63 character really isnt bad at all (just pretend you guys were playing on hard core mode - and ya died). Once he has his own playstation account, he can come over to your house and login with his profile on your playstation and his progress will move to your playstation (if he has playstation+, otherwise he would need to copy from his playstation to usb drive from the usb drive to your playstation).

Thank you for your feedback. Appreciate it.

Supreme to continue playing the game he will need to set up an identical profile on his machine that he had when we were playing on mine as couch?

With this profile, he will then have to have a PSN account so he can connect to PSN and then he would be able to log in is that correct?

By profile I mean the username that was set up on the system. This username that was set up on the PSN to be able to play locally needs to be identical on his machine as well?

Can he then eventually log in to PSN using this new profile he sets up? I was under the impression that each PSN account is associated or tied to only one unique system profile or can you have multiple system profiles connect to the same PSN account?

When he’s current machine he has his own real profile on the system connecting to PSN.

Based on your feedback, perhaps you can create unidentical username profile on his machine to then connect to his real PSN account?

Well… yes but you said he was using a temp/guest account so that infomation i believe is “lost” unless you can copy that “guest” account to a usb drive and have him import that data on his playstation.

Here is what I did for my wife…

I played diablo 3 for ages and thought it would be cool to get my wife setup with her own account so I went on psn and created a new account for her there, logged on the ps4pro in the bedroom and press the other controller button and it prompted for me to select a profile, i clicked login my wifes account and boom I was on (primary) and her account was logged in (secondary) and I was able to power level her up. Since she doesnt have playstation plus, i copied her info from the ps4pro in the bedroom on a usb drive and took it to the living room and uploaded her info to the ps5.

So I was able to play diablo 3 on my ps5 as me ( I could load her account and have her on the same tv/aka pulling her afk account along with me) or I could load diablo3 in the bedroom as her account and she could sit at the dungeon entrances and not have a risk of getting killed (which is great if you play hard core) :slight_smile: so whatever playstation I last used for her account progress, thats the account I would need to upload to the usb drive to move her progress from either ps4pro to/from ps5.

hope that makes sense.

This is true, one psn account can only have one person. However, you can have one console logged in with many psn accounts. so if you had 3 other buddies come over and all 3 of them had their own accounts, they could login to your playstation each as themselves with you being the primary and if they had playstation plus, all of their game progress (whatever game) would download directly to your playstation.

I wont go into illegal software but I think you know what i mean by that statement above.

So anyways, they would be able to “save” their progress to their PSN from your playstation so when they go home, they load up and all the info (progress) is pulled down from the PSN cloud