Diablo 3 on ps3

A couple of years ago I saw my sister playing Diablo Three on her Xbox one and when I saw it she recommended that I get the game. So I went home and I purchased the Diablo three reaper of souls ultimate evil edition due to the fact it was the most expensive and claimed to be the full game. After playing for yearsAnd searching for kanais cube So that I may be able to obtain better gear I came to find out that due to the fact I own a PS3 and not a later date Console I will never receive that content.It’s really sad that blizzard has decided not to update the game due to the fact they want you to buy new consoles and I don’t think it’s right that they marketed this game as a full game without putting a disclosure that certain content would not be available. After contacting blizzard support I was told that I should put this into the forums for developers to see how it has affected people who decided to purchase this game on a PlayStation 3. I am sure there are many more people who are disappointed at the fact we are left behind because we cannot afford a newer console.Hopefully this reaches someone that wouldn’t mind pushing an update so that customers do not feel cheated out of the content that is rightfully theirs by the purchase they made. Thank you for your consideration.

1 Like

Edit: I was mistaken in my original post.

The game is quite old by now; it released on xbox 360 and ps3 back in early 2013. The game was then redone for ps4 and xbox one later that year. All updates and developments have been for xbox one and ps4 since then. The developers did make it publicly known that the game would receive no further updates on the previous generation consoles. The consoles just lacked sufficient system resources/capability to continue updating. Additionally, the game had been determined to be a bust by blizzard around that time, which lead to less money and smaller dev team for D3. With a limited budget and developers, they could not afford to go through developement for 2 different generations of hardware.

The next generation of consoles is now at hand ( 2 generations past the ps3). Diablo 4 is in developement. I seriously doubt they will ever attempt ps3/xbox 360 updates.

You did purchase diablo 3 reaper of souls for ps3. If I bought DOOM for windows 95, should I be entitled to all new DOOM content?

3 Likes

They did try to bring some new content to D3 on PS3/XB360 but it broke the game on those platforms thus they ceased development of D3 on those consoles at patch 2.06 well before Greater Rifts and Kanai’s Cube…PS4/XB1 are just away to get patch 2.6.10 so a fair amount has indeed changed…

They advised of this prior to ceasing support.

Sadly, whilst a shame the onus is on the consumer to check that prior to buying.

1 Like

The PS3 could handle it they just wanted people upgrade to PS4. Anyway what I was gonna say is I bought Doablo 3 for PS3 long time ago and then they made a new version for PS3 and instead of them letting me update to the new version they made me buy the whole game again and cheated a lot of people out of money. They did people extremely dirty on PS3!

you had to revive a thread from a whole year ago why??

People still refuse to accept facts? The old gen consoles were woefully underpowered and simply can’t handle new versions of the game.

It tells a lot that they don’t even have greater rifts. Even if by some miracle they managed to get GRs work on the old gen, the performance would extremely likely be measured at “seconds per frame”.

This thread was pointlessly necroed.

1 Like

It’s not a bad sentiment to look for an existing topic to add to, rather than fragment a potential conversation. Worth taking in what’s been added to the discussion though.

Exis and Homerjnick had covered the points pretty well.

I wouldn’t disagree that you might hope to see a warning like this on the packaging. I think Blizz could learn something there. As the guys also point out, this info is out there on the web too.

Hope you find some enjoyment in the game in any case. Maybe grab a new console. PS4 isnt the latest gen now, so should be pretty easy to pick up for a good price.

Support guy might have had your number sending you online to comment :wink:

PS3 and XB360 cannot handle a GR150…enough said…want to play the up to date content? Buy lastgen or currentgen…not lastlastgen.

They advised prior to release on PS3/XB360 they could not support updates.

The onus is on the consumer to ensure they know what they are buying.

2 Likes

To be honest they couldn’t handle even GR1.

If some people wonder why, it’s basically due to the sheer amount of calculations. It’s a rather coarse simplification but that’s how it goes. The old gen consoles do not have enough power to do the amount of calculations needed. To put things in perspective, even on PC where the calculations, monster AI, etc. are handled completely on the server side, the gameplay can get really laggy and performance drops. If the PC servers can barely handle things, how could people think PS3 or 360 alone could handle such things?

1 Like

Same here, it really sucks to find out that I can’t get the nacromancer pack or the kani cube… Had I known this I would have got the PC version instead!