Diablo 3 crashes while connecting to server

Same issue here, broke since July 5th. MBP w/M1Max and OS 13.4.1. As noted above… I click Play Game, then loading screen of Diablo 3 appears, Establishing connection…and then it hangs resolution changes to something else and just freezes.

2 Likes

Same here. Mac Studio M1 Ultra.

Yesterday I was still able to play both HotS and Diablo. Not anymore.

Edit: It’s working again

Same problems as above. Still not working.

1 Like

Same here on 12.6.7 iMac

Same for me. macos 13.4, intel core i7, AMD radeon pro 5300M 4GB.

Hello:

For what it’s worth… a similar issue is being reported for Heroes of the Storm, both in Europe and America regions.

On US English… reply by Blizzard here:

On the French language Europe forums, Blizzard replied that they are aware and investigating:

Perhaps the issue you are experiencing here is the same ??

1 Like

I am having the same problem, I also tried to run it directly from the launcher without opening battle.net and still I got the same problem (the crash happen right after I insert username/password). After a reboot sometimes the game start correctly tho… Basically there is a problem with the login, causing the game to crash.
If you want to try launching the game without battle.net it is done with this command
/Applications/Diablo\ III/Diablo\ III.app/Contents/MacOS/Diablo\ III -launch

1 Like

Hello, I have the same problem.I can’t launch D3 on my MacBook Air M1 and iMac Pro. D3 crashes when logging on.

can’t say that im happy to see this issue is happening to others as well but happy its not my pc crashing… :sweat:

Terminal: “open “/Applications/Diablo III/Diablo III.app” --args -launch” after PW and enter D3 crashed.

Having same problem but on two occasions have connected to the server and the game plays. So I think it is something to do with Blizzard’s server.

2 Likes

Still happening.
here’s the code ID thing if helpful
7ED54FDC-448B-47D6-9C40-1D820E0E9A95

Failure Code ID: 6C5D327D-D9F8-4B29-B5AC-47FB8FFD6EBD

Having the same issue here. Hoping they fix it soon

1 Like

Hey all,

We are investigating these crashes for Diablo III on Mac when logging in. Thank you for all of the info that has been shared already.

We will update this thread once we have more details to share about a fix.

5 Likes

Same here. Similar pattern in D3Debug.txt. On Mac OSX. Spent considerable time on it. I used Wireshark to sniff the network packets and was able to eliminate the possibility that requests from my machine to Blizzard were being blocked by local routers (in office). It showed successful handshakes with Diablo 3 servers. That, with the info in D3Debug.txt confirmed that Blizzard servers are killing connection attempts for some reason.

1 Like

Same here. Mac M1, was playing fine and then a few hours later just stopped. OSX 13.4.1.

Same issue here. I tried on two Macs, and a Powerbook. The crash happens right after “Connecting to Blizzard Servers”.

Hey all,

Some changes were made on the back-end to alleviate the crashes when logging in with the Mac client. You should all be able to launch the game and resume playing.

Apologies for the interruption! Thank you all for hanging in there and do let us know if any new issues arise.

5 Likes

Perfect, it’s back to normal for me.

1 Like