Diablo 3 and no PSN sub

Hey guys,

If I cancel my PSN sub, I presume that I lose the ability to:

1. play with friends
  2. play seasonal play

existing seasonal characters - what happens to them? Are they in limbo? At the end of the season, will they convert to NS characters, despite no PSN sub? Or, are they effectively lost as soon as I cancel my PSN sub?

PC can end the season early for a character and it becomes NS, but it seems PS4 cannot do this. Is this correct?

It seems that console is really the worst playing experience for this game. It feels crippled vs the PC release.

I know that I’ll lose the ability to play D2R and D4 as they are online only (I haven’t played D4 since the crap patch and haven’t played D2R in probably a year).

General question - it appears that I lose access to Disney+ etc if I cancel my PSN sub, does anyone know if this is correct? Contacting PSN support, like most other support options for products is made difficult to say the least, with support pages doing circular referrals to online help without options to raise tickets or talk to actual support staff.

No.
On PC, seasonal heroes remain seasonal until the season ends.

4 Likes

Hello:

Nope… on PC, the season ends when it ends; there are no early end of season.

Also on PC, if your items in the season stash are not collected by the start of the 2nd season (start of season 32 if you quit playing season now and never collect your items sent by game mail), then they disappear. (ref: Blizzard Support - What Happens at the End of a Diablo III Season)

I don’t know how end of season works on console.

Cheers !

4 Likes

there used to be an option to finish season early and convert to NS? Did they get rid of that?

I do not think that option ever existed.

3 Likes

There were  a few threads created, awhile ago, when some players requested this. But, Blizzard never responded to them. And they never deployed that option.

2 Likes

I’ve played over 20 seasons and that has never been an option whilst I played.

2 Likes

If you cancel PS+ losing access to PSN you can still play D3 but not seasons or online and your seasonal toon you won’t be able to play until it becomes NS at season end. You will then be unable to create new seasonal toons.

Saying bye to PS4 too Dave?

not much point is there? No new seasonal rewards AFAIK…full of cheaters with Sony and Blizzard doing nothing. And I just can’t afford to pay for PSN sub anymore (some major financial problems brewing at my end).