Diablo 2: Resurrected... Worth it?

I played Diablo 1, 2 and 3 in the past. And mostly Diablo 3 recently.

I cant remember Diablo 2 anymore. It has been a while.

Is it worth it to play it again? My expectation would be that Diablo 2 should be somehow equal or better than Diablo 3. I loved Diablo 3.

Would it be a waste of time? Or should I just wait for Diablo 4?

I have an active WoW account. I am not sure if I want to divide my time for Diablo 2. Yes, I love fast dynamic play of Mythic+. And I am a Diablo-fan too.

most if/not all D2 veterans say that it is the best diablo game so it might be worth getting but given Blizzard’s track record you should probably wait a few weeks or months even till the bugs settle. Even then there might be other things wrong with it.

3 Likes

Then I don’t see how you are going to like D2.

D2 gameplay for melee class is pretty much like this:

Attack, Attack, Attack, use Potion when necessary, Attack, Attack. Rinse and Repeat.

I guess if you are still skeptical that you won’t like it or enjoy it, you can wait for D2R released and watch the gameplay video on youtube for the further confirmation.

4 Likes

Other than the name on the box, they are 2 completely different games. Some people love D2 and hate D3. Some people hate D2 and for some reason bought the sequel and love D3. Some people love both for different reasons.

D2 can be a real grindy game. Unless you just wanna play casual and beat the game through Hell, it can be a real time eater.

2 Likes

Go ask them.

Or visit the black market site/forum to gear up for the reasonable price.

1 Like

Did you LOVE the detailed skill trees, costly respecs, and long time investment in leveling that was Vanilla WoW?

If so, you might really like D2R.

If you like D3 speed, rapid item acquisition, etc. You might not like it.

Watch some of the videos, streamers, etc. It is a slower more detailed game. Closer to Path of Exile.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t call Path of Exile a slower game though, at least in combat wise.

No, but D3 combat is better than PoE.

It was talking more about the systems and such. Whatever D3 did, PoE did the opposite. Most of the time.

Posting on the D2R forums requires having bought the game.
At that point, it’s moot to ask about whether it’s worth buying / playing it.

4 Likes

Then you will try D2, wonder when and if it ever gets better, make a brief revisit to D3, feel back home and never start up D2 again.
Save your money.

3 Likes

Don’t play pub games except exp runs and you’re good to go. Sadly this thrash outdated cheating encouraging loot system denies group play outside of a 8 man friend group or a streamer with 7 loot slave Pepegas throwing him everything in his inventory.

If you want a 21 year old game that had a face lift you might enjoy it. I just want to check out the new graphics. After two of three runs bring on D4. No one can tell you if it is worth it that is a decision you will need to make.

One of the best effects of D2:R release might be revitalization of the trading scene. Yes, I like trading, including on D2jsp.

1 Like

It’s like $40 US. Try it out. You’ll spend at least twice that on a night out.

Missed out on the open beta?

I couldn’t stand D2 in the early 2000s and probably will hate it now. Hard pass for me. I prefer the faster pace of D3

1 Like

Well buddy there are so many casual players who are working have family and what not and they can’t afford the time sitting 10+ hours a day on the PC, but can afford buying a equipment pack or whatever it’s called and this is how all the botting jsp andies will make their money again till blizzard sends out a banwave after xxxx months (if any).

you loved D3 ? then d2 is nothing for you.

3 Likes

Heh, D2 might have the capabilities of PvP, but it’s most certainly a PvE game.

2 Likes