Diablo 2 Resurrected Censored by Blizzard

what if it was skeletal underboob tho

2 Likes

I agree with that, but at the same time…

Why are a few pixels of virtual underbood so heavily censured? Why are the characters’ legs (even the barbarian’s) censured?

We kill demons and masacre towns… but showing skin is now too much? I don’t understand why is there so much fear of nudity, when no one seems to care at all about violence.

24 Likes

I mean, if I want to actually think about it like a adult, I’d probably have to say international rating regulations and all that jazz, designing one model that is approvable in all regions as opposed to having to make 8 models for each region. (Certain countries have stricter laws for what makes what rating)

You also need to understand that as graphics get more realistic, ratings will need to adapt as well

I understand the difference in regulation. I’m just saying, in the general sense, why are we as ‘humans’ so scared of human nudity?

It’s pretty ridiculous.

12 Likes

It’s not that we are scared…

You know what, sure. It’s cause we’re scared. If that is the culmination of your critical thinking skills.

:frowning:

If they are indeed striving for success they shouldn’t degrade the armors and clothing of the mobs and the characters from the original game as they are part of what made it successful. Art should never be a subject of change, especially when we are talking about game remasters. Change the art and you change the feeling of the whole game itself… change the feeling and get ready for a disaster like W3R.

29 Likes

eXactly! thats whats its all about

5 Likes

I have not replied to you at all (until now), much less called you anything.

I see you did reply to me once - when I was not talking to you - with a post that made no sense.

2 Likes

This is so juvenile man. You sound like a 12 year old. Seriously.

7 Likes

im totally agree with you friend.if the guys from Blizz wont make the game as it supposed to be well then i think im gona take back my money.they need to change alot in order to not lose a major part from the comunity.i guess that all of us are expecting this game but come on man,make the amazon like it supposed to be and the rest of chars.its not hard but if the guys from Blizz dont want to do this game as is should be,then they will already lose.and im not saying just from myself.MAKE THE GAME AS IT SHOULD BE!!!DONT PLAY WITH THE COMUNITY!!

13 Likes

First, you call me a child, then you call me an idiot… but you can’t even understand the purpose of a rhetorical question. Just stop, if you had any real arguments, you wouldn’t need to resort to insults.

Censoring nudity MUCH MORE than censuring violence is completely irrational. Nudity and sex are normal human behavior that rarely hurts other people. In a game centered around violence, with a MATURE rating, the nudity shouldn’t be censored at all, and used any time it makes sense. People who don’t understand that are the ones being childish and idiotic.

Besides, showing upper thigh and cleavage is barely nudity. It’s just nonsense censoring just to play it safe.

29 Likes

Did anyone talk to the NCP’s much? I’m curious what they are doing with Gheeds sacred scepter…

1 Like

100% Agree !

When I was a child, this game was hardcore. It was discussed at the same table as Diablo 1 (of course), Duke Nukem & Doom despite the release date difference.

Those were games for adults and most of us wanted to try them even though we were in our early teens. They are meant to be gory, violent, dark and sexualized.

If they really want to remain faithful to the original game, they also have to remain faithful to the original characters.

Imagine a remake of Lord of the Rings where Hobbits & Dwarfs are now as tall as men in order not to offend, Arwen is depicted as a 60yo female even though she’s an Elf and Eowyn is Asian just for the hell of it…

It’s a fantasy world. What makes such characters amazing is that they represent the epitomy of what is desired by so many of us: Beauty, Courage, Strength, Honor (…)

Why try to tone down these things because a few feel marginalized (there will always be a minority who feels that way in the end, no matter what concept is attached to stories/characters).

38 Likes

Witcher 3 Wild Hunt and Cyberpunk2077 are games made by a Polish developer being CDProjectRed. Therefore, the groups associated with the crusade against specific content in games being in sexuality of nature, hasn’t affected Poland. Unlike it has here in the United States and Japan.

While yes the Last of US 2 did have sexual content, it was mainly largely due to the relationship of Naughty Dog and Sony. Otherwise, Sony wouldn’t have allowed such explicit content in the first place.

Sony for some reason, gives Naughty Dog special privilege’s then towards the rest of there exclusive development teams and or other third party affiliates.

With China being the big bad when it comes to censorship is not the whole story. China is allowed to censor there games just as Australia is allowed to censor there’s. Blizzard can indeed choose to sell but even if they do, that doesn’t affect how they censor games for other regions.

Right now, the United States and even Japan are going through there own battles upon the nature of sexual content.

With new installments of said franchises, the developers have the say so. It’s there choice to still include there old art for specific characters or not. See Diablo III or Mortal Kombat 11.

4 Likes

I don’t think it is puritanism so much as trying to avoid the “woke” Twitter mob. So many people get there bowels in an uproar these days. Comedy is a dying art form. The likes of George Carlin or Richard Pryor would be crucified in this age of political correctness on steroids.

25 Likes

it’s a different world to when the OG d2 came out. It does make me sad to see how easily offended people get now adays. blazzrd to trade on the open stock maket and have to think about how all this and that will affect the stock price. same with most gaming compenys. so they just play it safe now adays.

1 Like

I think the bigger issue is with people who are offended FOR others. There is a huge issue of a certain subset of people who think they are righteous but in reality are everything they accuse everyone else who has a different opinion of being. Sadly, companies keep hiring these people and giving them power. Its sad how literally one no name on twitter can make a single comment and cause a multi-national company to quiver.

16 Likes

I actually never noticed the sorc underboob but the Amazon not being 50% buttnaked was certainly disappointing.

7 Likes

This 100% It start me get nuts how everyone catered to sjw, and it’s basically for every day life now …

11 Likes