Diablo 2 Resurrected Censored by Blizzard

Hello folks i’ve came across an article that says d2r is gonna be censored.
this is a major fail from blizzard, D2 was always dark edgy adult and yes even a little sexual!,
Gothic and extreme.
If u change this ur making the game different!

Dont do it men! just dont

105 Likes

Think they are talking bout the under boob and zon booty. They want to cover it up ah for me it’s not a deal breaker. Really would like to see the zon get her face back though. With that said one day the artists will be free again but sadly need the puritan gen to move along.

16 Likes

Time to get the real 90s feeling with nüde mods.

26 Likes

I see a lot more nudity in modern games than in 90’s games. I also see more censuring in modern games…

There are just more games in general.

Under boob? Her whole chest is gone, bro.

https://i.redd.it/re6iktb3hbt61.jpg

25 Likes

I think he means the sorc under boob.

4 Likes

Since they making one server for all countries to play on, I think they have to conform to certain country restrictions.

2 Likes

That simply can’t be true. You only see what your game install allows. If I have topless women in my game, because my country does alllow it, you won’t see that on your screen. You’ll see what your game install allows for graphics.

No, like every other money grab, they are just trying to expand their audience. It’s the same reason movies tend to go from Rated R to Rated PG-13 when they make a sequel. It sucks.

2 Likes

Press G. That puts the original graphics back on the screen.

Not sure what article you think you found though. I would wager it is someone speculating, not an official interview with Blizzard.

Keep in mind what the game was rated for though - it was not for sexual content. It was for blood, gore, and violence.

Animated Blood and Gore
Animated Violence

6 Likes

Depends on where you live.

1 Like

Well, you can see this basically… everywhere. Reddit, twitch, twitter, even on this forum. Articles are popping out daily now, original D2 devs are giving commentaries and etc. 95% of players are extremely annoyed by D2R censorhip regarding player characters.

It will get worse after beta. And a lot worse after the release if they aren’t going to fix that. Just saying.

We all remember well what happened with W3:Refunded…

44 Likes

As I said before…

With all due respect? The game has always had an M rating. Let’s be honest though. The game is not getting these changes because of an ESRB rating or to better fit the content descriptors. There are countless other M rated games that have partial _____. I can name you a few if you like that even include certain scenes.

Witcher 3
Cyberpunk 2077
Last of Us II

Shall I go on?

It’s not just the Amazon. Andariel has been changed. Blood Raven has been changed to the point she no longer looks like the original.

The very simple reason this game is getting such changes is because Blizzard have in the past shown they are willing to appease China.

A report came out a while back detailing China’s ethics review board saying a number of Blizzard games needed “Corrective action.”

Among them?

Overwatch and Hearthstone.

Guess what happened to Hearthstone? Succubus card? Gone. Replaced with a felstalker. Can’t show attractive women. The “Bite” card’s artwork had any trace of blood removed. Blizzard claimed it was to bring the artwork in line with their standards which I find silly because the new art sucks compared to the original artwork. And that’s part of the reason why I stopped playing Hearthstone. Why play a game where any digital items you have feel like you no longer have any “collection” if it can change at the whim of Blizzard.

Blizzard just can’t resist screwing something up that fans are/were anticipating.

If the reason is that they are aiming for one universal client? They could save themselves a lot of headaches if they made a separate client for each region as WoW has.

44 Likes

Most of those articles and videos use “Censor(ing)” in the title because it is a word that triggers a strong reaction. Another words, it is click bait. That is why stuff is popping up everywhere. It is content creators looking for views. The same goes for buzzwords and acronyms like “sexist, racist, sjw, right wing, leftist, liberal, etc” The internet thrives on controversy.

5 Likes

Have you looked at Andarial? I do not see any censorship efforts there.

3 Likes

Sad, but true. And that’s why they made assa asian… Well, I guess all we have left is to vote with our money. Sometimes refunding is the only right thing to do.

23 Likes

Gee I wonder what country that might be…

Chinese Communist Pandering.

14 Likes

They covered her butt with a loincloth.

16 Likes

Andariel

Andariel's groin is covered by a skull. I personally found that artform to be typical of the 80s to 90s era, and cheesy, because it had no backstory for being there. It was just supposed to look cool, which it didn't. Had they written a backstory for it being there, like "She cut someone's head off and used it as a skull because"- blah blah blah, and "She placed it there because"- blah blah blah, then at least it would have some symbolic meaning to appreciate, but for now, the loincloth makes more sense. It fits better with her design and environment. If she was more aristocratic like Lilith then I would rather the loincloth was replaced with something majestic. But going by her description she doesn't care about anything except feeling ecstatic all the time, so she doesn't bother with clothes, least of all what it looks like. The loincloth was a good choice here.

Sorceress

The Sorceress' default clothing in D2 was a cropped top and miniskirt, and it did not fit with the character's cultural background or D2's general environment. The new set of clothes are done properly. So, I'm not calling this censorship. I'm calling it improvement to the general design and atmosphere of the game.

Amazon

The Amazon is called Keith Richards now because they don't know how to draw or model female faces properly.
14 Likes

Stop blaming China for censorship. Chinese version and chinese server are completely separate.

What you see is non Chinese.

2 Likes

if people are going to refund because they lose a few moments of virtual underboob, then bro im okay with that. weeb games a plenty on steam i hear tho

4 Likes