Diablo 2 resurrected, bots, pickit, etc

As many here I played Diablo 2 LoD for several several years, as bots and hacks flooded the game, most people left as expected. There was a small group of legit people that I played with 76legit and then Gimmeitam, eventually of course we all quit as the game is just unplayable, bots are now obviously the worst offenders, but there’s also pickit and others, even pvp was dominated by them at the end.

I of course got exited when I read about Diablo 2 Resurrected, and almost bought it, but then after reading about it, it seems absolutely nothing whatsoever will be done to stop hacks once again… therefore what’s the point of this game? To be competitive you basically have to get a bot and leave the pc running 24/7 and only actually play the game 1-2 hours a day? Might as well use the pc to mine some dogecoin 24/7… or something similarly useless.

With that being said, what if anything will be done to stop bots/hacks? And why would anyone buy the game to play multiplayer if bots will be everywhere again?

13 Likes

It’s being put on the current battle net system that runs D3 etc. Supposedly more secure from hacks, although bot run rampant here too. Blizzard knows of these things and I’m sure will try to do something to properly address them, as they know it would be a total waste and complete loss to just completely ignore it.

1 Like

People care far too much about bots in a non competitive game.

9 Likes

Seriously. Just play with people you know, or play solo. There’s a reason I only play solo, it’s cause I don’t trust randos in games like this.

1 Like

Have thou seen the Amazon model - her face? This is some kind of bogeyman, not a woman. Ugh!

9 Likes

Already covered on the correct forum. :point_down:

The team is already on it. Chill out.

Thank thou :sunny: :sunny:

1 Like

No, they aren’t stopping botting/RMT since D2R fans will feed them with money anyway.

It is a competitive game, hence why there are leaderboards and pvp, if anything the botters are the ones that care the most about the competitive aspect, since they are willing to bot 24/7.

5 Likes

Not really. Only competitiveness is at the PvP and perhaps trading, if you care who reach lvl99 faster it’s your own doing. Also bots aren’t really the problem, hacks are.

1 Like

Yes, pvp is what makes it fun for me and it’s the only true end game in D2, finding cool gear is fun too, but not when a bot finds the same thing every 12 hours, it makes grinding feel like a waste of time, and D2 is a grinding game. Bots are technically a kind of hack, but yes hacks in general are an issue, but to me bots are the main one specially in Diablo, where grinding is the game.

As you mention trading is also a part if the game, hard to trade when bots have all the loot, and the super rare item you found in 3 weeks, they have 50 copies of it already.

3 Likes

Original D2 (2000) section:

Unless you are pirating the original classic D2 too, there is no way you can’t post there.

this is one instance where blizzard has the advantage, because its a remake of an old game blizzard has access to all the cheats and bot that exist in d2, they know how they work, they know the weak-points already because they have been abused already. they can patch the old code, and since we’re now running on a new networking system, they have many more tools at their disposal to catch such things.

it wont be “perfect”
but one of if not the biggest reason d2 and LOD had bots was they simply reached a point where there was was simple nothing blizzard could do with old code on an old battle.net network system to track the newer bots.
now blizzard can and they know there will people very eager to do so, and because they are reselling it they will have much more resources to support it.

right now blizzard has all the info the need, of what happened, why it happened and the new improved networking and client side systems to stop it from happening, as the ability to completely rewrite any abuse-able code.

eventually there will probably be bots as they booting community will catch up again, but it will probably take as long or longer than it did the first time, and blizzard now has a ton more tools as their disposal.

According to their recent mocking on Twitter - they are not.

1 Like

I buy this game to support this company.

Even if the bot will flood once again, I am willing to pay $40 to enjoy the single player with upgraded graphics.

I will not play with bots and will not use any bot.

Yeah, I’m starting to question if they’re going to be able to combat this stuff effectively. From what we’ve seen with the alpha and people using old hacks and cheats, the game runs on the old code and I’m not sure Blizzard can do anything. They are going to need some great bot detection software and to actively ban. We’ll see how it turns out though.

1 Like

Of course they won’t. We’ll see what happens, if it gets bad enough they might implement personal loot to combat it, or they might just let D2R go down the drain again and focus on D4…We’ll see.

2 Likes

So sad. I’d love a relatively clean D2R, bots/cheat wise. I remember when they got rid of most of them for a ladder or two on D2, it was amazing.

1 Like

Something I’m also a little concerned over, I hope they do something about this too. If they don’t I will end up moving on to another game probably.

1 Like

I don’t think anything can be done.

I hate hackers and I really wish the game could remain clean but there is little hope.

If they are contained in private games it won’t be too bad but I doubt it.