Diablo 2 needs an advanced marketplace

You know what I mean, this marketplace is not an auction house.
It is just like the trade website of POE in-game version, with advanced search function and multiple trading methods. You can buy out and negotiate, you can log in the game and buy and sell the items, but if Blizzard can add the mobile function allowing players to access the marketplace on their cellphone, I will appreciate it. Please make a marketplace Blizzard.

3 Likes

this exists, was newly created - i can’t think of the name or link but ends in .io

Central trading platforms alienate the trading process.
I for one feel they should remain in-person and personal. It just feels more immersive and less automated. Automation that removes player interactivity is the bane of games depending on the feature and a marketplace/auction house is one of those features.

My 2 cents.

2 Likes

I agree! Blizzard, please, we need an advanced market place in Diablo 2 Resurrected NOW!

Blizzard is probably asleep at the wheel as usual:
(198) The Moment Diablo Died At Blizzcon 2018 (Hardcore Death Highlight) - YouTube

we need to turn our minds off. and decrease the stress. Let the professionals handle the system. Let it remain “invisible”. It is a joy to have simple trading. the auction house is a coin flip… what is an auction house … well we know its a lot of work for the professionals. But…what exactly is the concept, idea, philisophy of an auction house

1 Like

That’s why I think WoW is a boring game. Because there’s literally no player interactivity for hours and hours into the game.

D2 trading adds to the in game atmosphere, like two travellers bartering and bargaining with their findings (such as chipped gems, etc).

In WoW you drop an item in the auction house, wait a little while, receive a letter in the mail with a few gold.

Runescape item trading was massive and a big part of why that game was exciting to play. You could choose to main fishing and spend weeks grinding your fishing level until you could catch the bigger fish and stock up on them. Then you go to the marketplace where everyone is spamming what they have for sale and sell your lobsters or sword fish to PVP players.

Imagine if we just made it all automated. It would make the gameplay more convenient but that doesn’t mean its more fun.

I also wouldn’t be against an in game auction house that’s done item for item with the ability to negotiate and message.

Search Buy/sell orders, negotiate prices or buyout…all through a central location owned by blizz, in and out of game…kind of like that thing in WoW…what’s it called?

Oh yeah.

The auction house.

The philosophy of an auction house is simple: Buyers tell the seller how much the item is worth to them. The seller sells the item to the buyer who ascribes the highest value to the item.

The beautiful thing about an auction house is nothing is ever sold for more than it is worth.

guess the trick is to restrict it. a time house. maybe make it so that ONLY 1 item for 1 item. And not only that make it so that the stats Desired on both sides have to match.
so gem for gem. gem for a 2/1…rune for rune…rune for a 3/1… 2/2/2 specific item for a 30/20 this is just a throw example
. or maybe a 2/1/1 or 2/1/2 for a 15/15/1/1 or 15/15/1/2 Plz use these examples for numbers only. Also every single example can be flipped around there is no real starter or giver. There is Only the match and only time and only the house. Since there are so many players and heroes. This is quite exciting.
This is a tribute to Computers and Technology. Plugging something in and getting something out. Input Output

1 Like

Something like this exists. Just not in-game. https://diablo2.io/trade/. Recently was made. Looks pretty damn good, Its already live if you want to test it out. They are still trouble shooting and taking feedback for changes in this thread:

Ya just needed a “Diablo2” before the “.io”:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes