Diablo 2 console's beta review

Diablo 2 r. Review notes

Need lobbies for consoles (haven’t been able to play with anybody in the open beta. I finally found people in the beta was able to play 2 games 1 game was really good experience the other….(ok we got to talk about this cause of the removal of lobbies the party friend finder is just odd I pick your act 2 mission for the search for tal rasha and I am just met with somebody who only wanted to pvp and I only found out after he ganked me so if I have auto party on how am I supposed to tell someone is going hostile against me other then a sound click there need to be something to indicate this guy want to kill you and it need to be noticeable.) I am adding onto this we need lobbies I just ran into the same guy again who killed me…how can I quest with people if I just get paired with the same guy who kills me… my 4th game with people the connection got interrupt and my internet is fine and still connected to the ps4 so you guys have to fix stability. Which is a big thing cause something like that in this game as it is if a disconnect with someone I want to continue with i can’t cause of the randomness of matchmaking and all together kills the desire to play more.

Big screen inventory screen although nice and probably needed for some people who can’t see, but cause other problems to core gameplay( explain more if your going through your inventory monster or PLAYER can just run up on you can kill you before you know it and the main thing you learn as you go is have map on well now that inventory screen is so big you can’t you just at the mercy of being ambushed. I have to spend more time in the inventory then what I probably should be cause of all the stuff I accidentally pick up.)

Being able to change not just skill buttons but to change normal buttons, and/( or do something about item pickup cause picking up a lot of items I am not wanting to pick up. Another example I would like to give is just have always run walk an option again so that maybe you could change R3 to town portal.)

Consoles need text chat not just for trading. but how are you supposed do chat commands on consoles? Like player x Commands for single player?

Lot of missing audio a lot
( and honestly music just plays odd times or cut off)

The walls of some of the houses is missing the transparency effect in the new 3d engine in act 1 houses compared to the legacy graphics version in game.

Need zoom in/out feature on consoles. (honestly this is really important to me cause I love diablo 2 art old and new and I need to see it close. the right stick doesn’t do anything important pretty sure you could use it with maybe another button combination like hold R2 and use the stick or the select button and the stick.) I also feel like this definitely should be in the game I have already bought diablo 2 and now I have to buy it again for $40. If this was going to be removed this should have been addressed. I understand this is a beta but this doesn’t show us how tge final game will be.

And can a quality life change be to not lose loot in the void of the arcane sanctuary. ( I was walking on the path I got killed and my gold fell through the floor, I think it happened like 3 times or more.

Loading times are sooooooo long.

How do you use or can you use legacy/classic graphics to look at the characters around the campfire on consoles? If not please add in.

Idea / a quick swap from inventory to belt would be nice and helpful again maybe like hold R2 and hit square and potion goes to belt

I honestly would look at path of exile and see what they did for things honestly I don’t enjoy their game as much but controls are really good.

Improvements can be made you, you guys are doing amazingly awesome work I love it I can’t shy away…but I can’t shy away at whats wrong either….I can only say do this shatter all expectations I believe and have hope in you.

Honestly I think the console’s version and its changes are great looking, like really great I have to keep reminding myself that I am not playing classic diablo 2 but my brain keeps thinking i am. you guys said 'we wish that the tools we have now is what the of tools the original diablo 2 devs had( something along those lines sorry.) I think you guys nailed it I have a hard time going back and looking at it. you guys have been great cant wait to looking forward to buying it on the nintendo switch. Have a great day.

7 Likes

Lobbies are a must! Don’t let us down blizz!

2 Likes

I just want to add that mouse and keyboard should also be in the game on all versions.

And as well as a virtual keyboard the overwrites the system your playing on cause sometimes just typing with your controller on the TV could take awhile. And sometimes people are impatient.( the nintendo switch being an example.)

Good feedback & positivity. +1 to all of this.

2 Likes

I just want to leave this here cause I believe this man as well address a lot of concerns

1 Like