Diablo 2 Cheat Sheet (Runes/Runewords/BPs/TC85/Resources)

I just donā€™t like how itā€™s organized and how much thereā€™s on screen.
Itā€™s funny how you call others white knights and butthurt when itā€™s exactly how you look like when you respond to our different opinions.

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen something like that in this thread. I think Maxroll.gg also has a similar feature. Iā€™m looking for more of a ā€œKeep itā€ list cheat sheet. Something fresh players can look at and use as reference while they are slaying monsters. There are a lot of items dropping in this game, from normal, exceptional to elite, then you have class specifics, and you must know what the best rolls are for superior to know what is valuable or not. Iā€™ve seen cheat sheet like this before with armor/weapon pics and maximum sockets and best stat rolls for each class. Just cant find it anymore.

Honestly this sounds like a really great idea. So new players can know exactly what to keep of each item type? Or veterans if they forget exactly what is valuable. Since this games itemization is so in-depth.

Honestly, I am hesitant to say this, but an alternative way to find out what something is worth is by visiting trading sites and sites that sell botted gear. If something sells for $700 + it must be valuable. :money_mouth_face:

Not that I would spend real money on digital sprites :neutral_face:

Ya i remember seeing real money prices for certain gear back in the day and i couldnā€™t believe anyone would ACTUALLY pay $500 for HRs or even a singular end-game item. Sometimes thousands. Kind of looney to spend that money on any video game. :joy:

Yep, items like Lancerā€™s Matriarchal Javelin can get you a pretty penny. Having a keep it list will help new players identify items like Jewelerā€™s Monarch.

I feel like the list might be a bit long if it literally had everything that was valuable though. Since so many things are valuable to so many different builds for different reasons. Maybe a top 10 useful items per class? i like making stuff like that but im not sure where id start or how id organize it.

Proper organization and editing of that list can make it visually appealing to look at. I have seen one that was super detailed, and I loved it. It had all possible and best rolls on superiors and it was a wonderful list to reference on a pinch!

2 Likes

I donā€™t know if you ever got an answer, but the level is the minimum required level for that tier of rune to drop and LK means Lower Kurast. The chests there are a popular rune farming spot.

3 Likes

Thanks! That makes a lot of sense now!

2 Likes

True. Where did you see one? Just back in the day you mean?

1 Like

Author here. Thanks for linking to my cheat sheet. I never expected it to get popular. :wink:

Iā€™ve added ā€œLKā€ to the legend so people newer to the game know what it refers to.

If any one has bugs or QoL features they would like see please feel free to leave feedback. Iā€™ll monitor this thread but at a much lower cadence of reddit. Iā€™ve added links for feedback and the wish list so people know about planned features still coming.

For the record Iā€™m a HUGE fan of Arreat Summit (which is why I include links to it.) One of the problems I have with Arreat Summitā€™s runeword table is that they are just a static wall of text that doesnā€™t provide any sorting options, min clvl, color coding for useful things like CB, etc.

5 Likes

You cheeky legendary sob. You knew it would go viral. :joy:

I didnā€™t think you were going to keep adding stuff, thats amazing. You are a god among men. May the RNG forever be in your favor. :raised_hands:

pffft. we donā€™t need it now. Thanks to you. xD

PS make one for items. then we REALLY donā€™t ever have to use Arreat.

Your spreadsheet was also posted on D2io: https://diablo2.io/forums/diablo-2-mega-cheat-sheet-runes-runewords-bps-tc85-resources-t8651.html

2 Likes

This is really handy. Though I wish it included ā€œleftā€, ā€œrightā€, or ā€œstraightā€ in regard to where doors are relative to waypoints in hot farming spots.

Yes, way back when :slight_smile:

:100:

You liking your own posts with your multi? Cringe.

Gonna have to agree with Swift and Anxious on this one. Arreat has a much cleaner layout than Diablo2io, even though less functionality. But Diablo2io definately has potential to be better.

This :rofl:

1 Like

I love the Arreat Summit and all the work that went into it, but the cheat sheet is very effective

1 Like

Ive had The Arreat Summit bookmarked for over 20 yearsā€¦ I just turned 50 in January and I still use it almost every time Iā€™m playing D2ā€¦ A lot more lately ā€¦

1 Like

This is FANTASTIC. Bookmarked this and will likely be using this exclusively for info on runes and items. I remember trying to use some of the older sites back when I first played in middle school and they were HORRIBLE. The layout of this site is great, easy to use, I totally love it!! As a web designer myself I am so pumped to see this! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I added an extra ā€œDoH2 from wpā€ due to the confusion that the alvl is relative from the area entrance and not the wp. Youā€™ll see that WK2 has a ā€œwp->Rightā€ compromise to keep the alvl table compact.

If you have others please list / link them and Iā€™ll add them. :slight_smile:

2 Likes