Diablo 1 in Diablo 2 Ressurrected

Hello fellow adventurers,

I, as many of you, have been waiting for many years for a Diablo 2 remake.
And now it’s officially going to be released!!! This is so beautifull!
I own both a copy of Diablo I, of Diablo II with LoD, and later as soon as it was released, I bought Diablo I + Hellfire from GOG.

Since I new that D2R was going to have mod support, only one thing came to my mind: Diablo I Hellfire remake.
So I searched, and I haven’t found anything addressing this.

Beeing so, here is my question: Will it be possible to have a mod for D2R to play Diablo 1?

It would be beautifull to have it, maybe to have all missions available together, instead of random quests as in the original game. Even to have multiplayer support, it would be increadibly fantastic.

I understand that licensing could be an issue, so I thought: what if, to grant access to this mod, it was officially distributed by blizzard? Or if to be able to play it, a login with GOG account would be required to check DRM for Diablo 1 (e.g. with account connection).

So, what do you think? Would it be possible? Is there any modder in here already thinking about this??

Thank you for your attention,
Waiting for Diablo 2 Ressurrected,
Hoping for Diablo Hellfire Remake,
John.

7 Likes

I would have no issue if they included D1+Hellfire on single player with this…

I mean I would love to see that

3 Likes

To play D1 from story perspective is impossible … the heroes of D1 are the villains of D2 … Tristram is destroyed … only if they include some areas and the heroes of d2r can visit them probably…

If they can put it in D3 it can be put in D2R.

3 Likes

Everything is posible but only if they make an expansion later.

2 Likes

Would love it, D1 is still my favorite Diablo.

2 Likes

the best will be with launch of D2R to give us and diablo 1 original and all expansions for free!

Never played D1 but remaking D1 in D2/R’s engine that would be sick

3 Likes

If you want high quality D1 remastered in D2R please provide more $$$.

If want it for free then it will just be a fan made mod. :slight_smile:

Right now I see the latter.

Happy to pay more money for it

2 Likes

I’d gladly pay 100$ for a D1R if it’s at the same level as D2R.

3 Likes

i had a similar idea, as to add further content to the game in the form of d1 quest line with all those new graphics, but its a lot of work to do in only half a year mind you

2 Likes

Diablo 1 inside of D2R would be fantastic as paid DLC, more than happy to pay for this. The engine is fitting with its contrast of darkness and light. I can see someone modding the DLC, allowing cross-character play in some strange dimensional crossover universe… including NPC’s and monsters.

3 Likes

I am fine as an expansive, or standalone later.

1 Like

Maybe VV will do that for their secret level have all the D1 + Hellfire monsters as what you have to kill. Progressing as you would have to through them and the mini bosses to the actual end game boss D1 Diablo.

A D1r would need to be styled truly to D1. They couldn’t really use a D2 format. D1 was just a different game where things worked very differently. I think they’d need to actually remaster the D1 format for it to be reasonable. Honestly, it would probably be faster to remaster the D1 format than to try and turn the game D1 into a D2 formatted version, which would require A LOT of creative vision to be able to transmute. By that I mean, the way the square flooring in D1 worked vs. how floor works in D2, ect ect. It would take a long time to do in a D2 format conversion of mechanics.

Nope. Work as already been done by modders. It is simply a matter of copying, cleaning up some, and pasting. As for transmuting them into the D2:R versions VV has done a rather bang up job with the monsters so far. Some are definitely different but, not in a game ending way.

DIABLO 1 will be a gift from blizzard if its remasted also (if include in D2R)

1 Like

but i dont think soo