[D:I] Question for Immortal players

Quitters and haters need not apply. For people who actually play DI. Which 3 current features in DI would you like to see implemented in D4. I will go with 1. Shrine, 2. Elite Quests, 3. Bestiary. What one thing in DI do you never want to see in D4. Having to wait on other people so you can do things. :point_left: The one thing I truly hate about Immortal. Please keep it out of D4. I would even pay more for a solo option.

5 Likes

This would be a deal breaker for me if I have to join a group for certain quests. Itā€™s not that I dislike group play, but I like it to be my choice.

5 Likes

Correct having the choice is one thing being forced to do it is BS. I hate it in Immortal when I cannot do something because I need others to join me and many times they will not so I lose out. I am not sure if this forced team up is an MMO thing or not. Hopefully with the exception of the world boss in D4 this stupid requirement will never see the light of day in D4.

3 Likes

ABSOLUTELY NONE.

NONE.

There is no quicker way to KILL Diablo 4 and the entire IP than to implement anything from the dumpster fire that was immoral into D4. Iā€™m telling you RIGHT NOW, that 20 million potential players WONT EVEN TRY D4 if there is any pay2win, and itā€™s just plain stupid to borrow from a ā€œgameā€ if you can even call it one, that was just assets stolen from D3 and used for a slot machine.

There is nothing new or innovative in Immoral other than the outrageous and laughable extent of the pay2win system. Everything was taken from D3, and if you want to take any system from D3 then what are we even discussing Immoral for? More bad press is good press? Letā€™s keep the silly gambling addiction phone app to the phones and look to progress our gaming addiction through diablo 1, 2, and 3 towards 4.

4 Likes

Iā€™d really like to see a good Bestiary. Which clearly means; not D:Iā€™s.

Other than that:
Campaign/Story and activities existing side by side, instead of a very sharp distinction between campaign and endgame.

I dont think there is anything else.

2 Likes

What part of this did you not comprehend? :point_down:

Question for Immortal players.

Quitters and haters need not apply.

7 Likes

You are talking to Bravata and you expect him to comprehend anything
This is the man that quits every other day and is still here

8 Likes

I do not trust anything he says because he does not tell the truth. Read his own words.

ā€œi quit already.ā€ - Bravata

ā€œno matter how hard you try to sell me on pay2win and try to get me to play D:I, I REFUSE.ā€ - Bravata

ā€œTruth is in the eye of the beholder.ā€ - Bravata

Moveing while attacking, it could be also applyed to chaneling skills, so you donā€™t have a disadvantage, standing around takeing hits.

This one all by itself would make me buy D4 in an instant

1. Item drop quality scale on paragon.
  2. Set items being universal to all characters.
  3. Bestiary
  4. Dungeon has mini-bosses fight that you canā€™t skip.
  5. Codex
  6. Character has an ultimate skill bar.

The only thing I donā€™t want to see in D4 is the mandatory grouping for dungeons.

I thought I wasnā€™t going to enjoy World bosses, but the ones in D:($) are a lot of fun.

I was trying to take down the blood rose, but I could not do it myself, I asked about 15 people to join me but no one would. Every time I had her down to about half life, she would just regen life. So, I gave up. The game forces you to team up but when no one will help what is the point. I totally detest this part about Immortal. I am sure if I used my CC it would be easy going.

1 Like

I soloed Blood Rose on H1. Took like 15-20 minutes because I donā€™t do a lot of damage but between self-healing and self-shields, I was able to do it.

That said, I think DI has some good mechanics.

• The idea of sets being split off into ā€œnon-primaryā€ items or whatever you want to call it is nice, but then they are also sort of necessary so I donā€™t know if I really like it.
  • Each skill having its own short cooldown or its own resource is interesting? It removes character resource from the equation and at the same time absolutely forces skill rotations.
  • Enemies in DI are more mechanically involved than any other Diablo game. That is nice.
  • I think I like items scaling with paragon level. I think. I would prefer it not working the exact same way. Not just numbers. Having new properties or legendary powers would be nice.

Iā€™m assuming weā€™re not gonna see any sort of P2W mechanics in D4 so Iā€™m just gonna skip it.

• That said, I do not want to see Ibnā€™s sanctum or the Helliquary. Theyā€™re both crap upgrade mechanics that are basically just P2W fodder. I donā€™t think Iā€™d like them even if they werenā€™t. D4ā€™s paragon boards are a much better concept, I think.
  • Also, no forced grouping. I think this is also just because DI is P2W and wouldnā€™t make it into D4 anyway.

Having the option for your hero to walk over white / blue / yellow gear and have the hero automatically pick it up to their inventory.

In which case you missed Blood Roseā€™s one and only mechanic. When she makes a pool of blood around her, you must run out of it (and keep running, as it has a ā€œsuck inā€ mechanic) because, shortly after the pool is spawned, vines pop out of the ground sucking blood from any players still in the pool which heals her. So, if she healed, itā€™s because you (or anyone else that was there) didnā€™t get out of the pool.

By the way, this is reason why, once a player has killed her once for the Iben Fahd thing, they might never fight her again because itā€™s entirely possible for one player that is unaware of this mechanic (or someone that knows, but is deliberately trolling) to stand in the blood circle each and every time it spawns, and heal her back to full HP, meaning one player could prevent a group of 20 people from killing her.

First rule of Blood Rose, is to tell no-one that sheā€™s up, and go solo her.

2 Likes

Actually is there any reason or incentive to kill these super bosses more than once after you got the crystal thing?

Actually forced grouping is MMO thing and DI is MMO. Even in the non P2W that i am currently playing also has forced grouping to clear the dungeons and raids.

1 Like

So, the first time she had 4m life and would keep regenerating I could not do it solo. My Guardian of Justice was standing in her blood pool all the time, so I assume she was draining his life. I replaced him. The second time I was with one other player, and she only had about 400k life, we killed her in about 8 seconds, and I received the that ā€œcrystalā€ item (Horadrim Vessel). I really like the Legacy of the Horadim feature.

1 Like

Features to keep:

1. Elite / side / faction quests
  2. Bestiary
  3. Walk over autopickup

Things to scrap:

1. Forced grouping
4 Likes

And many companies over the years have come to realize the number of solo players is not an insignificant number. Solo play is a very hotly contested topic in the MMO community.

1 Like

Now that would be a dealbreaker for me. Horrible system.
Well, it would be less bad in D4 since paragon seems fairly limited. But items just shouldnt scale, they should be exactly what they are, and not part of some Endless Grind System.

While I dont think set items should exist at all, IF they existed, then yes, this is definitely the way to do it.

Quite nice to hear that they are soloable.
I sure hope that is the case in D4 too.

Yeah, albeit imo still not nearly enough. Combat and enemies should become much more tactically interesting than any of the existing Diablo games.

Nevermind. It has a D4 connection.