DI celebrating 30 Million Installs

30M installed. :point_down:
https://i.imgur.com/Q59Kmgt.png
:point_up:

What to do…Blizzard asked me to share it so I can claim the legendary crests so I decided to share it here. Simpler and easier. :smiley:

:sunglasses:

6 Likes
5 Likes

How many times has the forum clown :clown_face: said it was a dead game.

2 Likes

Embedding it for you…

4 Likes

From 20 to 30 million certainly didn’t take long. Didn’t they reach 20 million only recently?

Like a week ago, not too bad for a “dead game.” I wonder how much money they have made.

1 Like

It has passed $100M in 8 weeks. Haven’t included China, and PC sales.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/diablo-immortal-reaches-100-million-from-microtransaction-spending-report/1100-6505952/

1 Like

With those kind of numbers, I really hope they do not change things and implement some type of p2w in D4. Keep it as a base game, expansions and cosmetics only. Just like they have said.

2 Likes

And how many uninstalls?

5 Likes

It’s the D3 forum.

Go to Reddit, thanks.

5 Likes

I think people who believe this are going to be very disappointed.

We know Blizzard wants their big franchises to be recurring revenue streams. They tried with D3, ultimately had to backtrack. Even though the game has gone 10 years+ now, that result has led to only releasing 1 expansion in all that time. That’s often the case when a company doesn’t see the product as being worth further investment.

I don’t know what form Blizzard will ultimately take with monetization and they can go a ton of different ways. I do know the industry has rapidly, and with further acceleration, moved past the base game + expansions model. Even some that appear to be are really just disguised subscription services selling you slightly modified versions of the same game every year.

This!
Thank you, some one get it!

Its also really sad that they need to LITERALLY bribe people to say good things about them.

2 Likes

30M installs day 1 at D4?

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry about it, since they stated that D4’s monetization will be selling the base game, it’s expansions, and cosmetics. Now if they did end up changing their minds, we should hear about it.

You shouldn’t worry about D4 monetization. I doubt that they will change it at the last minute considering how unpopular is F2P model for the PC genre.

If anything, you should worry about whether they will be able to keep supporting D4 development if D4 made lesser money than DI in the future.

1 Like

Honestly I’d be surprised if D4 makes more money than D:Immortal.

2 Likes

Since this is the D3 general discussion forum, please move tbis thread to the “Games & Technology Forum”.

Altermatively, could you quote that Blizzard asked to have this shared on the D3 general discussion forum?

Also, I do not know why this is big nrews since thay had 30 million pre-tegistrations across the globe. If anything, it shows that D:I has not grown dramatically beyond its initial pre-launch enthusiasm likely due to multiple reasons such as predatory p2w and mixed reviews.

2 Likes

I just shared it with myself via email then claimed the prize.

$100M/8 weeks == $1.7M/day
I believe the previous was $1.2M/day. I could be wrong.

I’m wondering if that is mostly from whales or BP buyers.

Now I can’t wait to see how much will China “bump” DI revenue a few weeks later.

In case you do not know how to move a thread from D3 general discussion forum to the games & technology forum.