DH quiver essential changes

To the dev team,

I would like to suggest that both Dead man’s legacy and Holly point shot both have their unique abilities guaranteed to appear. Multishot DPS and impale damage are the only reasons we are using these quivers. Just make it so that these quivers always spawn with these unique attributes. Thank you.

2 Likes

Seconded. DML should have a guaranteed skill roll for MS and HPS the same, but for impale.

With the new changes to the HPS quiver, it’ll be even HARDER to get a perfect HPS and it’s already the hardest item in the game to get the right rolls on as an ancient (with good rolls). By far. Especially since the RNG in the game seems to give higher priority to fire/physical elemental dmg over cold and lightning, and impale seems to have the lowest chance of spawning as a skill bonus on the quiver too - much lower than any other skill from my vast experience. The other night, I had a very good ancient HPS quiver drop, had to re-roll for impale dmg - let’s just say I had like 5 impale rolls over 150 re-rolls (was spending 22m per re-roll by the time I got 15% impale). Meanwhile, I had 15% for every other skill 2-3 times over…

2 Likes

They really shouldn’t. If there is gonna be a change, making CHC one of the default stat for HPS should be a better approach (DML already has CHC as default stat). +skill dmg stat is not just limited to quiver but it’s also on shield, phylactery, mojo, source. They could all argue the same if DH quiver gets special treatment.

2 Likes

HPS quiver is far harder to get perfect than any of the other off hands that you mention. Something needs to be done…

1 Like

I know. That’s why I said CHC being added as default stat should be the better approach. There are plenty of offhands that have CHC as default. None of them has +skill dmg as default though. Well, scratch that, as there is a source with Meteor on it so, but it being a set item.

League I hear you, but I am trying to appeal to their common sense, that this is the one ability that is limited to this specific item. In the past unique items with unique abilities were spawned with that ability. I could be wrong, but I think this was a design philosophy. It should be standardized. CHC is superior I agree, but they might see it as asking for too much. HPS is too hard to acquire with good roles, beyond reason.