DH New set tested in depth by Community

So as everybody knows at this point the new DH set is GARBAGE.
There’s a lot of broken mechanics the set bonuses are under powered and also lacks of defense big time.
I’m going to make this thread with the testing done by the DH community in general and point it out the major problems that were found.

1 - The Stacks of Momentum should be global. There should be a global icon showing how many stacks you have above the skill bar and not be attached to the primary skill. The reason is because since the stacks wear off pretty fast and you’re trying to run a double primary setup as soon as you hit the second primary your stacks are reset to 0.
2 - Primaries shot by strafe are giving hatred back so it is working as a primary what isn’t is the healing bonus from Simplicity’s Strenght. When you’re strafing your primary doesn’t keep the healing up, only when you manually cast your primary.
3 - The defense bonus from set should also receive a global icon, there’s no way to know right now for how long your defense is going to last which is a bummer and we all know that on other sets you have that icon you can check that with the bonus from Unhallowed essence.
4 - The wording on the second bonus set is weird. “You stack momentum from 2 seconds up to 10”. Ok but does the stacks last 10 seconds? Nope each stack wears off within 2 seconds you don’t cast your primary. Also while strafind and shooting your primary this bonus is not kept even though you’re shooting primaries with strafe.
5 - The 4th bonus is just a joke it pains me to see that bonus there because as soon as I saw the maximum stacks I realized the set was going to be garbage with that dmg. Anyone could have the same effect as a primary on regular NS game just by building a char with legacy of dreams that gives a total dmg of 9500%. So all in all this set with that bonus is not much different than a LoD version except that with LoD you actually get more toughness.
6 - Strafe doesn’t proc area dmg which hurts a lot the dmg output of any character. Like why even bother having that stat for paragon points if you can’t get that extra dmg from it for certain skills?
7 - Bolas when you’re strafing are shooting a lot less projectiles than any other primary skill, it seems it doesn’t matter your attack speed being over 2.0 and still will shoot the same amount of bolas.
8 - Defense, again the last change they did to the set before going PTR went like was adding an “IF” on the set and that hurts a lot the defense aspect, not only the set is already very squishy but you only get the defense bonus now if you have at least 1 stack of momentum and before when they presented the patch notes as soon you’d cast strafe you would receive the bonus. Why can’t this be bumped to 80% dmg reduction? Wizards got a set with that.

Anyways those are my personal complaints in general about the set and if you guys please want to read something with more in depth testing refer to the thread on the DH forums:

5 Likes

Yep the problem here is that if you cast a primary skill and starts to strafe before that skill actually hits a target it wont re-procc/give momentum stack.
Also why APS (as mentioned below) is not going in favor of dmg atm.

Svr was doing alot of testing today with strafe mechanics and found a ICD with strafe, basically theres a ICD of 10 FPA so atk speed is actually making you do lower dmg. (shooting less)

Not that great when you look at the rest of the sets setup

great job with the testing, just wanted to throw in a couple of pointers :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think the following changes to the set would fix a majority of the problems.

I’ve read your post and I need to point it out some problems with it:
1 - Blizzard will never up the first set bonus to 1000% because then that gives a huge chance for Hybrid builds with other sets. Just think about it. Like Natalya’s set last bonus is 14000% for any skill so that alone would be bigger than the last set bonus for GoD set making the set again not viable.
2 - Movement speed within the game has a cap so that bonus would be totally unecessary.