DH main looking for in game community? Consider Clan TPA!

Hi. I thought this would be a great time to make this thread with the new patch around the corner and the many DH players it will bring with it, old and new comers.

The Prime Assassins clan is primarily a DH main community that was established in Vanilla D3 on March 13th, 2013. In the time of inception, face tanking was the norm and range play was nonexistent, so Flight (no longer plays) and I decided to show the community that ranged play can keep up with the meta through micro heavy, yet invigorating game play. The old school vid that started it all.

High dps glasscanon RAMPAGE

The purpose of creating the community was to provide an outlet for players wanting to learn more about the class and hone their skills to the best of their ability. While overtime the game has changed with the expansion and further content, we’ve stayed true to our objective over the years and continued to offer a great experience for DH mains looking to grow with the class.

If you lurk or post on these forums, you’ve already been surrounded by our community. A number of populated threads here were created by TPA members. Often times, we are the first to respond to DH’s who ask for advice. The only sticky thread we have up top was created by one of the founding members.

1. Is this an elite clan?

No, not at all. There are no actual requirements to join or stay. It’s more of a family atmosphere with many of us in our mid 30’s. You log in, do what you want, whatever that may be, and you log off whenever.

The only thing we ask of you is to give back to the DH community, whether that is posting on the forums or helping others in clan or other in game communities.

2. I’m competitive and like pushing leaderboards. You guys involved in that?

While this is more of a laid back, leaning towards more of the casual side than hardcore, there are players who do actively participate in leaderboards by choice. Most recent examples this season:

• Mersinary with the highest impale clear on LB under 2k paragon.
  • Iria with the highest barb WW clear on LB under 2k paragon.
  • DiEoxidE with the highest UE MS clear on LB under 2k paragon and former rank 1 during week 2 of season.
  • DMKT with the highest non-meta N6/M4 MS clear on LB, while under 2k paragon and currently the highest DH clear in clan.

These are just a few notable examples. All clears are US server based.

3. I play other classes than DH. Am I allowed to join?

Absolutely. You don’t “have” to play DH to be part of the community. Quite a few members in the current chose not to roll a DH this season due to DH’s lagging behind other classes atm.

What I will say is that since most of us do main DH’s, group meta runs such as rat runs are not common, as very few of us play necro. If group meta is extremely important to you, you may feel a little left out. Ultimately the choice is still up to you.

4. Do I have to play seasons? Are there any NS players?

No you don’t have to, and yes there are players that choose not to partake in seasons. I myself rarely play seasons.

5. Are hardcore players welcome?

Absolutely. We do have members who are strictly hardcore and you’ll find yourself right at home.

6. Are you all active?

Fortunately yes. I say that because the game itself is old and therefore player base will dwindle naturally. All clans experience a peak when a new season starts. We’ve been fortunate to have a steady player base (and growing) even during “not so optimal” times to play. If you log on, there’s always someone to talk to and group up with if that’s what you want to do.

7. Are third party programs allowed?

We have a zero tolerance policy on things such as botting, THUD and third party macros. If there is proper evidence of such activity, the player will be removed promptly.

What blizzard allows is what we allow. Things such as numlock and multiboxing has been given the “ok” by blizzard, so those things are fine.

We look forward to seeing you!

1 Like

Is Discord or any other voice app required?

We do have a discord channel, but it’s not required. Completely optional.

Thanks for the reply.

It looks like I’ll be just a part-time player next season. After trying out the PTR, I’m fairly certain the only thing I’ll be doing is the Season Journey and then giving D3 a rest much like I did between Seasons 6 and 16.

So for the start of the season I’ll be very active, looking for multiplayer runs but it’ll taper off afterwards. While active, I’ll try to be helpful and as much of a team player as possible.

I’m not sure if I’m the kind of player you’re interested in. But if you’re willing to accomodate me, flash me an invite. Thanks.

We don’t require you to be “consistently active”. Want to play for 5 minutes a day? Sure. Want to play just to do season journey and log off till next season? Go for it. Want to log on and just poke fun at people you enjoy being around and then log off? That’s cool too.

There’s no one way we think you should play this game. Most of us have full time jobs and some with families etc so we don’t expect a time commitment of any sort. If you’re interested in expanding your DH knowledge and improving your DH at your own pace with a cool group of people, then you should check it out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi. Is your clan still recruiting? I plan to play Demon Hunter in the next season, so I’m interested in joining. Let me know.

1 Like

Yup. Just look us up with the in game search tool and send a request.

Thanks, I have applied. Cheers