[DH] Improve Leveling

it’s even worse on console, since our massacre bonus is significantly less than the PC version of the game. See:

125 kill streak on console and you’ll go from clvl 9 to 10. Same difficulty (t6) on PC, 81 kill streak and you jump from clvl 9 to clvl 14.

So feel for console DHs who are even harder hit by the clvl 70 levelling process than PC players…

I know many will say “don’t do it solo, group up” but that’s not the point. The points are:

1. DH levelling is way worse than any other character class (PC).

2. Console levelling is even worse than PC due to differences in the massacre bonus.

The game should be balanced for clvl 70 levelling for ALL character classes, irrespective of the platform, and massacre bonuses should also be balanced no matter what the platform.

The real question is, can Blizzard balance anything in this game (the answer is a wholly apparent NO). They are truly incompetent.

3 Likes

There might be people who enjoy the more difficult/tricky way of leveling though. I started with DH for many seasons and always liked it compared to leveling others because of this.

When speed is your thing, yes…DH leveling lacks. But once your leveled next season with the journey…DH is going to be one of if not the fastest to grind for gear with :wink:

3 Likes

I just want equality. DH lives matter! Simple fixes would help solve this - for example:

1. up to clvl 12, you can only get 1 dagger in the pool (LGF). Since FoK is much preferred for levelling than karleis (post clvl 70 it is a very different story obviously).

2. making ninth ciri satchel available much earlier so as to make HA a viable early on skill that can scale as you climb to clvl 70.

3. buffing grenades dmg (skill) and the hellcat waistguard belt and lowering the grenades skill to a much lower clvl…

None of it difficult. As it stands, we only have a few useful items pre clvl 70 - wraps of clarity (defence), hellcat (limited by poor grenades skill dmg that doesn’t scale well), HPS at clvl 32 (doesn’t help that much since we can’t get karleis point as a loot drop until much later in the game; yes we can get it via gambling). Making karleis available at clvl 32 in the drop table would help.

So much can be done, and yet Blizzard simply doesn’t listen. I love the DH class, I don’t want to play other character classes, and as a player, I shouldn’t get a sub-standard gaming experience cos I choose to play DH.

well, that’s an issue, isn’t it. Faster you are to clvl 70, the quicker you can farm gear and start doing runs for paragons etc. it takes me 5-6 hours to level to clvl 70 on console as a solo DH and by then, the dedicated group players have not only levelled to clvl 70, but done most of the seasonal journey and challenges, have cleared a GR100 and are p900-1000 already…that’s a big advantage. Most of the players will start as a necro, since it’s the fastest to clvl 70, can do rat runs for massive XP advantages and better chances of gear grinding (more bloodshards to gamble, more legendary drops from RG per GR than lower GR levels etc). Why should 1 character class have all the fun and a massive advantage over other character classes?

2 Likes

Believe you me, I have heard from my clan mates to level a necro or barb to do rats. I refuse though! I was planning on making a sader first about a month ago and still am although I’m sure they will be nerfed to the ground.

2 Likes

It is true, dh need a decent lvling item, and now to be worse the dagger we craft in early lvls are most part of the time karley point, wich sux =/, but the quiver alone wont help you that much i tested quiver only on cube with the usual yellow and blue items we use to lvl up, pretty much mediocre damage. it will also need the belt or at least the deaph diggers to do a real impact on damage

2 Likes

it’s important to keep in mind that this is not a problem that affects exclusively solo players (although it is most painful solo). But in any leveling group, the DH is by far the lowest contributor and does not carry their own weight in helping the group to level effectively.

Last season continued to demonstrate how bad DH leveling truly is. Even in a season where DH was incredibly desirable for level 70 content, advanced groups specifically started the season as non-DH characters for the sole purpose of leveling. Leveling as DH is so significantly behind in power and speed that it’s more effective to level as something else first, and then spend a small portion of the saved time power leveling DH alts instead.

No other class is so far behind in leveling power and enjoyment. The same behavior would never happen for players intending to ‘main’ a Barb or Monk…but DH truly is that far behind that they are actively avoided for leveling groups and by solo players.

I have also tested it significantly, before this original post was ever even made. I agree that even with the quiver, DH leveling is still worse than other classes. It’s an improvement, but not a perfect fix.

However, the requested change is still immensely valuable, and comes at virtually no cost. While a revamp/rebalance of the skills themselves would be useful for creating a truly level playing field, making Cirri more easily available at low levels would still be a tremendous help to the DH class, and requires virtually zero effort from the developers and testers; simply update the required level in the item database.

We’re not likely to get balancing changes for low level characters; that’s just not a high priority issue for the game developers right now. And that’s understandable, in the big picture.

But this trivial change could have such an enormous impact on the enjoyment of the leveling process for DH’s. This significantly helps current and future generations of DH. When such a small and easy change can have such a positive effect, it’s almost crazy not to do it.

Pretty Please,

Reduce the level requirement of The Ninth Cirri Satchel

(and consider adjusting Fletcher’s Pride to eliminate it from the Level 1 gambling pool)

3 Likes

no dont get me wrong, the quiver change is needed, beside greenstone fan be a good alternative i hate lvling like that, im also requesting for another item have its lvl req reduced as well like the belt or deaph diggers, i agree with you the quiver change is required

1 Like

sin seekers would also be a good choice to make level 11

1 Like

yes, I have heard the same (but not from clan mates, that setup doesn’t exist on consoles). Considering I can’t stand the necromancer class, or crusader class, there’s 2 chances of that happening lol. But, I shouldn’t have to forgo my main class in order to level fast…

it sucks cos it’s single target with little to zero AD and it’s very expensive to cast. LGF is the most efficient way to level your DH to clvl 70. By far.

Yes, agreed. That’s more to our mostly crappy skills that do bugger all damage and simply lack any group synergy.

It’s kind of the same with absolute build power (even god is behind the other “top” builds) and non-involvement in group content, non? Très mauvais…

1 Like

While more changes would be nice, the fact is that taking the simplest and most “bang for the buck” approach is likely the correct answer here.

Keep in mind that the likelihood of being able to find/gamble/craft multiple legendaries to use for leveling is so small that it’s not realistically a benefit to the masses.

Making The Ninth Cirric Satchel a statistically likely level 1 gamble helps tremendously, because it is obtainable. But also adding pants/belts/etc into the mix, it becomes increasingly unlikely that you’d actually get the items necessary.

Reduce the level requirement on The Ninth Cirri Satchel. This single, simple, change would provide the most benefit possible with the least amount of effort.

I respectfully disagree. Aside from the fact that Sin Seeker’s damage modifier is a bit low, Rapid Fire itself is actually a terrible leveling skill for a multitude of reasons. It is single target damage (which fails to alleviate a major problem for DHs) and the “turret” style damage requirement that you stand in place is particularly unfriendly to the actual flow of combat while leveling; especially in a group setting where the rest of your team is highly mobile and blowing up mobs. Standing in place to turret will quickly have you trailing the group, once again not contributing or being a valuable member of the group.

Please Blizzard,

(and consider adjusting Fletcher’s Pride to eliminate it from the Level 1 gambling pool)

3 Likes

This is such an easy and simple change, with basically no downsides, yet there’s simply no acknowledgment by CMs. Why is there even a “PTR Feedback” forum?

2 Likes

I have a much better solution, since leveling to 70 is an essentially part of new seasons. Eliminate the ability to craft/cube legendaries early game and eliminate Haedrig’s gift. Let us go back to leveling the old way, and let us find our gear. Season wouldn’t go stale as quick, if we needed to find our gear again.

5 Likes

That’d go someway to make things better, but most players would lose interest in seasons then. Plus, groups would still kill solo players…if you did what you suggested and eliminated group bonuses for XP, then we’d be talking!

5 Likes

Oh I totally agree with losing the group xp bonus

6 Likes

:sob:

While I personally agree that this would be a massive improvements to the player progression and “meat” of the seasons…It’s a bit beyond the scope of this post. I think the cat is out of the bag, and it’s not likely that they’ll “redesign” the way that Seasons are actually experienced.

However, since Season are what they are…it would be a tremendous boost to the early season balance if blizzard could please make a simple change to dramatically improve the struggle of DH leveling balance.

Please Blizzard,

2 Likes

You’re talking about early paragon farming. We’re talking about 1-70 leveling. Items below level 70 are completely useless after you get to 70 and you can’t use any class-specific sets before that, so there’s no point in prolonging it.

it is not entirely true but mostly is, an item bellow 70 still can be placed on cube… but putting that a side ( because it would not impact much ) hunter demands a good item to lvl up from 1 to 70, it already have greenstone fan knife but now karley point is far way more frequent on the craft, maybe a sin seekers at lvl 1 drop table, anything, hunter is the worse lvl up by far. The other classes just do far way better.

I’m glad someone else said that. Everyone says “50/50” and it is most certainly NOT 50/50 imho. Thankfully, LGF is more common than karleis. s18, s19 and s20 it took me 8/9/9 respectively rare upgrades before I got a karlies (post lvl 70, for s6 impale build).

Whatever… It has always been 50-50 probability, and it is still 50-50. None of the two daggers is more common. Of course with RNG you might not see that on a small number of crafts. If you are still not convinced, just go on the PTR (where you pretty much have infinite materials) and craft 100 yellow daggers. You will get around 50 of each (but it could be 45-55 or even 40-60 in rare cases). If you craft 1,000 daggers, you should get closer to 50% (the biggest the sample, the closest you get from the expected probability overall).

that is not my experience over the past 4 seasons…not even close. The last 2 seasons (19/20) especially, I get 4-5 LGF as monster loot drop for every karleis…consistently. Over 2 seasons, plus this season too. I must just be consistently getting bad RNG luck wink wink.

I’m at 3k legendaries now since my last primal…3k…so much for 1/400 odd…