DH GoD6 I don't think It's clunky PTR

That last part is not true. Iria and I did a lot of testing on my live stream last night on this.

HA’s from strafing does pierce, but it’s effected by strafes proc coef, which is .25. With this said, the pierces while strafing is no longer guaranteed by the NCS quiver and you’ll see pierces much less often, and when it does, it’s unlikely to see more than 1 pierce due to the proc coef.

Blizzard should really fix that.

1 Like

With Impale and 750 paragons on PTR I am doing already 110 solo easily. Good luck doing that with the new set… it is clunky AND needs a significant damage buff.

7 Likes

Just wish they up the HPS damage from 75-100% to something double that. Also we wanted shadow to be able to use chakram as a pack clearing ability.

Wish there was a dislike button, it doesn’t just need more damage, it needs new mechanics.

I cleared GR100 using 900 Para with Gears/HA, it’s not as bad as a couple wizard set mechanics but it’s the worst DH set and I hate sentries, so that says a lot coming from me.

750 Para should be over 100GR as Altair pointed out, my HC seasonal Impale was over 100 before 750 with mediocre gear, new set maybe is, but barely. Skill? shooting at distance with generator between strafes is skill? I can mostly keep stacks up by spamming Primary Skill while holding Strafe, if things don’t die in one shot anyway, which means it’s not even casual friendly unless you adjust your damage down through bad gear choices or substituting damage. So skill is then calculating how much damage you need to not kill things TOO fast so you can keep momentum stacks up?

And Speed? UE Multishot eats this for breakfast, UE Bolas probably eats this for breakfast. I don’t know about WD and Necro but this is literally the worst channeling ‘speed’ set I’ve used, so hopefully they fix it.

6 Likes

Did you try the Hand XBow that causes Strafe projectiles to pierce? Wonder if it works with that.

I did. It does not work. You can find all of the detailed testings we did in the DH community forums here.

1 Like

How come grenades doesn’t work with this set as it is a primary skill? Certainly no grenade animation strafing.

• 2-Piece Bonus
    • Gain a Momentum stack when attacking with a Primary skill. Each Momentum stack lasts 2 seconds at a maximum duration of 10 seconds. Your Primary skills deal 10% more damage per stack of Momentum.
  • 4-Piece Bonus
    • Casting Strafe against enemies will automatically shoot your last used primary skill, and also give 60% damage reduction while strafing and for 5 seconds after. While casting Strafe, you move faster per stack of Momentum.
  • 6-Piece Bonus
    • Your primary skills deal 10000% more damage

it is clunky, period. WHY WOULD SOMEONE DESIGN A CHANNELING SKILL just to stop channeling and restack? it just sounds idiotic, why have gems like taeguk then? or channeling shoulders?

9 Likes

Maybe try actual content like 110 or 120 and you will see how clunky the set is and how its in serious need of buffing and reworking

7 Likes

You’re wrong old man.

It’s natalya’s 2.0. It doesn’t need to exist in it’s current iteration.

8 Likes

I think the changes I suggest would allow the set to be multi functional. It would be good as running T16s really fast like at light speed while also giving it a clear play style that isnt just a WW build and is smooth.

Exactly. The primary fired from strafe does not carry the bonuses from any item modifier. Also, since the set is really about “Momentum” stacks, the OP was losing a lot of damage by not being able to keep stacks above 5.

IMHO The set needs :

1. Double the momentum stack count and slow degeneration by 50%
  2. The primaries fired from strafe should get full effect as if you fired them yourself
  3. Up damage per momentum stack by 10%

Necro had the exact same issue with mages until a ring was added to fix it. Too late to add a new/changed item before next season.

1 Like

its only clunky when you try to push higher rifts because you have to use primary more and less strafing .

Oh I cleared a 111 at 2800 paragon with no augments and a lvl 39 simplicity’s strength. It’s not clunky.

1 Like

Mate please stop this non sense. Even if you would clear GR150 with it the set remains clunky. Damage and mechanic are different things.

3 Likes

Again NOT impressive if you need 2800 para to clear such a low GR

7 Likes

Why is it clunky? Because it’s not brainless “spin-to-win”?

You asked for GR110+ clears and he delivered. Numbers can be and definitely will be adjusted so that set can clear the same GRs as other sets.

What does it matter whether the initial implementation clears only GR75 or GR120+? The initial implementation still only provides a baseline so that the devs can do the adjustments. None of the previous new sets remained exactly as they were first implemented.

3 Likes

alot of plants and masochists here. the set is awkward af.

5 Likes

Because it is Ue grenade spamage and Nat strafe build, nothing new about it at all.
Cause it reminds people of Nat strafe, just a weaker version.

You do realise, the meaning behind clunky is not about what you have cleared?

1 Like

That is not impressive result. And if you did not use Hungering Arrow, Devouring Arrow rune your GR clear would go way down.

Currently there is no reason to play new set instead of UE and there is no reason to play any other primary skill other than Devouring Arrow.

3 Likes