Dh GoD built with Cull the Weak Passive

Quick question: Except for the unreliable Fan of Knives, how does GoD DH triggers the Cull The Weak passive? Followers?

• Follower Weapon (Thunderfury), Follower skills (Criplling shot and so on)
  • Secondary rolls (Chill and Slow - Slow on Pants, Chill on Shoulder, Weapon and Quiver can roll all CC stats - so 4*5.1 total possible - but it depends on procc chance of the skill - HA cold rune should have 65% - but not sure if it works on pierces)
  • BotT
  • FoK - Bladed Armor (Slow for 1s)
  • Shadowpower - Nightbane
  • Spider companion (On activate and Spider attacks do add slow)
  • Entangling shot
  • Ess of Johann - as it slows enemies after pull. CtW + AD booyakasha.
  • Thrill of the Hunt (but costs passive slot)
  • Strafe - Icy Trails (but not the hits - the Trails/ground effect)
  • Calltrops
  • Other players in groups/public games - as BotT is so popular - assume that it is active in most groups.

Hope that is all :slight_smile: - but I might have missed something.

Hashir doesn’t seem to apply slow after pull like Johann does - at least according to the description. There are other items but not relevant for GoD.

4 Likes

I suppose Thrill of the Hunt could work if you want to use another passive since many things are also hit with strafe.

2 Likes

Thanks. Based from the number 1 DH GoD from leaderboard, does this mean there is no other way to trigger the Cull The Weak passive at 100% rate?

Hungering Arrow with Cold element can trigger CTW? Didn’t know that…since it doesn’t slow enemies.

As far as I know - yes not at a100% rate. But the Johann pull might be enough and follower should have some uptime and 100% on the Boss. And Boss will take looooooooooong for rank 1.

Did not write that. Cold does not slow and not there is no indicator for Chill for CtW.
Cold has some strange interaction with some items or skills, though - it also triggers Numbing traps for instance.

If that should be the case - prove or didn’t happen :wink:

Impale should have 100% procc chance - so with 2 cold secondary rolls we should see that some enemies move slower after couple of hits .

Yes - Added it.

Even so, CTW is still the passive that worth using?

So I guess if there is 2 GoD DH, using CTW will be pointless?

Does the icy trail rune from strafe proc it ?

if yes is it too much off a trade giving up rocket storm ?

Yes - I added that to my list (and Calltrops)

Groups are different. If you do 2 pl GoD runs - 1 can wear stricken, 1 BotT. 1 Wolf, 1 Boar. Stricken player runs Singled out, the other Numbing traps. One player could also use Ess of Johann … and so on. Test out what works - maybe one running Nems would be better. I don’t know. Point is - don’t run with 2 solo builds.

High ranks on leader-boards happen when you can achieve over 50% of rift progress on a festering with a conduit+power+flavor of time combo. Bonus points if you happen to also get lucky with missile dampening as well as enough seasonal stacks to take out whats left. This means in an optimal rift, your build is technically only responsible for being able to clear a little over 30% of the rift.

I said this because how one procs CtW and how often makes very little difference in an overall clear at that level relative to the above.

If you simply just want more damage, yes. Followers, if setup correctly, will give you ample up time on some sort of slow. Whenever they don’t, your fan of knives will as you’re strafing to the next oculus ring.

No. There are many different GoD6 setups. If both are running the exact same setup in which a follower happens to be the most effective way to proc slow, then one should consider running BotT gem.

Yes.

Rocket storm is about a 5% damage increase on average and it depends on setup. The closer you are to an optimum break point, the less value rocket storm and vallas essentially has as their only purpose is to smooth out the missing frames that should have proc’d the generator.

Whether icy trails or rocket storm has value to you will just depend on your play style. For instance, I generally prefer drifting shadow because I value the ability to dodge things more effectively to stay alive and attempt to keep some stacks of squirts. This changes depending on which weapon I’m using and the content.

3 Likes

Cold runes skills doesn’t apply any chill/slow effect to proc CTW, unless that skills/runes specifically state with chill/slow on description.

One can simply test by remove all paragon points, follower, pet, gear, passive skill and cube. Then bring normal bow to shoot mob with devouring arrow and grenade(cold grenade), you can see the chill/slow effect.

One other thing, the legendary gem Iceblink already given clear hint that all cold rune skills don’t have slow/chill effect.

Newbies can take note on this because we might be like “common sense”, cold surely will chill enemy, haha. Even some high paragon level players also can given wrong info to other newbies.