DH Gears of Dreadlands - updated feedback

After the update it feels better, but the mechanics are still just not quite “there” yet:

• Using Strafe (more than 4 seconds) is a damage loss
  • If I use Strafe without enemies / in town it does not fire the last used primary skill
  • There is no indication which is the last used primary skill
  • Damage bonus and damage reduction provided by the set is too low

For me personally, I would have liked if Strafe shot my primary skill ALL the time, and that those shots counted as manually fired shots (Strafe would actually generate Momentum stacks, if we even need them).
Then I would have had an “aura” style indication on the buttons of primary skills to tell which one is active right now.

In other words, you Strafe around and switch primary skill depending on the situation.

2 Likes

Yeah. Strafe needs to generate momentum stacks.

2 Likes

Do people agree?
There seems to be so many threads about this out now, and some are very lengthy. It makes me believe a lot of information falls in between and never reaches Blizzard (because how is anyone going to read all this?).

1 Like

I think its fine how it currently is.

3 Likes

This.

I’m enjoying it immensely and have been clearing almost as high as some of my most played/loved builds.

Beyond needing a little buff to both damage and mitigation, the set is great imo.

2 Likes

having to stop and refill momentum is pretty breaking the momentum though…

like old ww rend barb, ww did not apply rend back then so barb had to manually cast it, but even if you dont cast it often you only lose some dps. This DH GoD set however make you lose EVERYTHING, you lose the momvement, you lose the damage, you lose the mitigation…

i am still not sure why people are so against having a third “ww clone”

That’s not how I play it.

Once you’re stacked, you only need to tap your generator every 3-4 seconds (or less) to maintain full stacks. I’ve even started experimenting with Tageuk.

I’m not against it being another Spin2Win build. But I like how it is currently and don’t have an issue with it mechanically, or the resulting playstyle

It doesn’t work like that. Mitigation isn’t tied to Momentum stacks. It affects run speed, and gives you extra damage. But yes… you don’t want them falling off.

The set’s mitigation is tied to Strafe alone. It actives as soon as you Strafe, for as long as you’re Strafing, and for 5 seconds after Strafing.

Uhm totally unnecessary. You sure don’t have goldfish memory, do you?

It’s fine how it is now. But yeah, that’s a nice quality change, albeit not a very essential one.

1 click refills 4s of stack for you. How much easier do you want?

I would like it as a “confirmation” that this is what Strafe is supposed to be firing. Some projectiles fired by Strafe are very difficult to see, so you end up worrying if it is actually shooting anything at all, and as a result fire your generator again “just to be sure”.

this new set is not hard to play by all means, but it is very annoying and clunky. Stopping / stutter every few seconds is cool to you?

So holding right click alone and watch mobs die is the new cool? At least for tempest rush you need to release once to burst all the damage. Same for this DH set. Clunky? The only clunky set in this game is Firebird, the rest are childplay, but I guess some can’t even handle that little burden.

Why should GoD be hold one down spin to win boredom? In its current form it’s far more engaging and interactive. It’s anything but clunky. I have no idea why some people say it’s clunky, there’s nothing clunky about it.

I would say the mechanic of the set is fine now.
The only point is HA, which cold rune is to strong and buggs…while dont active pierce (into the skill animation) each enemy HA go throw pierce!
So while you have pulled enemies this rune is xtrem strong by 50 times pierces while each time increase 70 % weapon dmg is count. Beside this HA is the best option to play with the new set AND this one cold rune destroy all other runes…here blizz
must work!

Good loot

HA only seems a bit boring. The new Set promotes only one out of many of the Primary Skills.

But, i am fine with that.

No. Obviously that’s not the way it’s meant to be played…Also you can still maintain high stacks and still strafe while weaving in primary skills.

Ok so its fine that barbs got a auto ww build that clears realy high but DH, monk and all others are just to Lay down and die? What about wizzards that ben destroyed and defiled. Give DH some love.

And GoD in its current form is the love DH has been needing. It’s not clunky set. It’s quite powerful and fun to play.

Also I wouldn’t call WhirlRend simple spin to win either. To really use the full potential of the build one can’t simply hold one button down. As such using it as an example to justify making GoD a spin to win is not going to work.

So far no one, not a single person, has given a single valid reason why strafing should generate momentum stacks.

2 Likes

Sorry I’m just buthurt over DH set not being a chinese dragon themed set with rocket focus strafe/explosiva arrows. This Godl realy messed up and went for primaries. When is rockets gona be a thing :confused: godl is fine as a Speed build the machanics work well.

I think strafe generated stacks is a bit unnecessary, but I do think that they shouldn’t drop if there are no targets and you maintain the strafe. The primaries stop firing, so should the momentum drain. You are already spending primary resource to maintain the strafe so the drain is 2 resources, but only one of them is on the job when there are no targets on the screen.