DH for S20 in 2020

I know who I’m voting for in the D3 class elections next year:

4 Likes

Thank the high heavens he didn’t say “soon™”!!!

We need to all get down during S19 and provide a “DH Proposal” like the Barb’s did. I think we need to try and get each current build as a separate sticky/pinned thread.

A united DH community is needed to keep the Wiz trolls at bay!!!

Hell, we also need to recruit @Gasnick to help with his item mods - he is loved by the Barb guys but mains a DH and has been calling for DH buffs in like 90% of his comments supporting the Barb buffs!!

And we need to keep that table guy (you know who I mean) out of it!!!

2 Likes

Don’t summon them here pls. unless you want drama/spam in the dh forums (which would be sad because dh forums are cool).

I think the dh community has a lot of solid players, people here is cool so i don’t think that a lot of trolls will come here. Other thing is that we are not in that bad spot, some builds need some buffs but we are in a way better spot than barbarian was before.

Personally when i think about dh builds that are in a bad spot the only thing that i can think is elemental arrow, chakram and spike traps, other builds need some minor buffs to be meta viable, like shadow impale, overall the dh class it’s pretty balanced in our major builds.

Rapid fire it’s pretty solid and i don’t think it needs more.

Shadow impale needs some buffs to improve a bit the role of RGK in high grs.

UE6 is the best set for farm/speed and does pretty decent pushing with some efforts, this build clearly should not get buffs.

Marauder6… well, marauder is not a bad set, but is not at the level of the other builds, so probably some buffs here would be nice.

Natalya has nice sinergy with marauders, and it’s pretty solid with high paragon for rapid fire, i’m not really sure if natalya needs something.

Adding an 7th piece to each set instead of a new set would blow the theory crafters minds.

Oh, and S2M4 synergy again, plz.

And Holy Point Shot working with M4 sentries.
S6M4 would be a Rockstar.

The people who can clear a GR120 with UE are a very small, and fairly high para, group. The top UE’s on the Leaderboards at the end of an Era are extremely high para individuals who can para through pretty much anything.

So yes, UE needs some attention. Especially if we want a spot in any sort of META.

The Barbs have had a spot in both the speed para farming and GR pushing META for quite awhile.

This is true-ish for balance between DH’s, but not even close for balance between classes.

1 Like

The problem i see with buffing UE more than has been buffed in the two last patches is that it will become that strong that every other dh build will be irrelevant (outside of RGK shadow), because it’s the best for speedfarming, making it stronger for pushing will be problematic for the balance between dh sets.

Something similar happens now with barb, with the WW buff, now is the strongest build on barb for pushing and for speed, basically all other sets are irrelevant.

I also noticed that people avoid pushing with UE because it’s more map dependant than other builds, and it’s harder to play at high grifts.

I see your point that we are out of group meta , but i think that it should be the spot of pure marauders, instead of UE (imo cluster arrow should be our thrash killer).

With this logic in mind imo dh sets should have all a role :

UE best for speedfarm
Marauders best for group thrash killer
Natalya rapid fire best for solo pushing
Shadow impale RGK

No thank you. We already have Rapid Fire for guys who like to play with random nades build. Rockets don’t proc area damage. And I don’t agree with you that Rapid Fire is at a right spot. It should be usable with less paragons by wider player base. Trash killing build needs to work on every map layout. Nades builds are doing “good” damage only on on open space maps.

It is better for 1 build to be good than all of them to be irrelevant. I want build that is on par with WW, AOV Holy shotgun, in terms of damage and easy of use. Doing constant damage.

Also something that is on par with Bazooka. Spike trap??? Preparing everything for the big boom play style.

You need to understand that WW barbs 2 days into season are doing higer level GRs with 1K paragon faster than I can do in non season with UE at 5K paragons.

I can hardly see Marauder been used in group… Too many pets. Barb can’t pull monsters to the group because pets are blocking them.

This set should be used for speed farming GR 122 in 2:30 mins (at high paragons). Why not? DH did not have access to EXP farming groups ever. We are behind with paragons… need some help there.

Marauder can’t be used for speed farming because of the sentry setup time.
Shadow set can’t be used for speed farming because of the single target / elite hunting nature of the set.
LON is giving less power than UE.
Nat is giving less power than UE.

Due to the nature of the set it should be clearly the best option for killing single targets with high HP. There is a problem here with how Vengeance is working and stricken stacking (you can’t “select” target that you want to stack stricken on).

If they change Vengeance so additional shots are prioritizing RG it could solve the problem.

2 Likes

I don’t agree with you that Rapid Fire is at a right spot. It should be usable with less paragons by wider player base

How do you think they could solve it ?, adding more damage reduction ?

Also something that is on par with Bazooka. Spike trap??? Preparing everything for the big boom play style.

I think the new set will have some sort of interaction with spike trap, i hope they don’t screw the new set.

I can hardly see Marauder been used in group… Too many pets. Barb can’t pull monsters to the group because pets are blocking them.

The 2 piece bonus of marauders it’s just terrible, it’s an old set that has no native damage reduction and having all pets active is not something useful nowadays, i think they have to change the 2 piece bonus and change zoey secret too.

Due to the nature of the set it should be clearly the best option for killing single targets with high HP. There is a problem here with how Vengeance is working and stricken stacking (you can’t “select” target that you want to stack stricken on).

If they change Vengeance so additional shots are prioritizing RG it could solve the problem.

You are right, this it’s terrible and has to be changed.

I’m really interested in what other people thinks about marauder set in general, i like the style of marauder, but i feel like is not terrible but is not great neither.

I think dh forum needs a topic talking about the state of our sets and what should be changed in order to make them viable for endgame.

2 Likes

Rockets do proc area damage. Agreed with the rest of the post.

1 Like

Probably. I saw darkpotator with his paragon trying 136. He used 3500 points on vitality and he was dead often. Did not take long before he said “I am done with DH”.

Something did not proc AD with Marauder set if I remember correctly. Was it sentries?

There was a debate on whether n6/m4 rockets from sentries dealt area damage some years ago and most people thought it didn’t proc area damage.

I don’t remember the guy’s name, but he made a video showing evidence that it indeed proc area damage. Just about anything fired from the DH itself has always proc’d area damage.

The only times rockets don’t is the rocket proc from black-feather, since that legendary affix requires a proc and proc can’t proc procs ofc.

2 Likes

Area Damage can now be triggered by pet attacks

That is from 2.3 patch notes. Ye, some time passed since I played Marauder :). I hope we soon shake off some dust from all DH items in the stash.

1 Like

As a big fan of Shadow Impale, I’d love to see it buffed to compete with the top solo push builds in the game personally.

1 Like