DH Build for Group Play

Myself and 3 friends just picked up D3 to play. We are working through the campaign now. We have 2 Necros, 1 Wizard, and myself as a DH. We only play together so we can progress through the campaign at the same time. We are all currently level 41.

We are on Master difficulty and pretty much blow thru the content. What build should i be using as a DH for this type of game play? Im currently running Strafe with a Bat companion and Preparation - Punishment to keep my Hatred capped off while in blender mode (strafing).

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/demon-hunter-leveling-and-fresh-70-guide

I saw that guide, but it seemed to be geared more towards solo play. Since I will always be in a group, is that still the best build?

There’s the concept of a Support DH…

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/demon-hunter-support-build-with-god-and-marauder

…but that only becomes relevant when your hero is level 70 and also relies on the other players in the party being specific classes and builds too. Pre-70, use pretty much anything at all that kills mobs, you don’t have the abilities / gear that provide much synergy with the other players, with the possible exception of Companion / Wolf, which provides short-term damage bonuses to your hero and your party members.

It really depends on what legendary items you get. If you are lucky to get some items that boost some skills, then try using those skills.

But at level 41, I don’t assume many legendary drops, especially in Campaign mode. So, I assume none yet.

I like to use Chakram because it hits multiple enemies. I prefer Twin Chakram or Razor Disk runes.

If hatred is not a problem, try switching to Multishot. But it is really hatred thirsty.

Sentry boost damage a lot. I like Spitfire Turret (rocket deals extra damage), Impaling Bolt (hit multiple enemies in a line), Polar Station (slows enemies down).

You may also consider Marked for Death that buff your teammates. Contagion and Valley of Death runes are quite good. (Note that if you get Calamity 2-h xbow, DON’T use it. If you want to use it, couple with Valley of Death.)

Companion/Wolf buff your teammates too, but it only available after lv59. Probably stick to Bat for more hatred regeneration or Ferret for movement speed.