đŸč DH Balance Proposal - Come Look

As I got glimpses from social media, they plan on a grand scale class balance patch with or after the new sets are revealed. I expect Chakram and Elemental Arrow for DH most likely and Revive/CE for Necros. I don’t count on them touching Spike Traps besides a few legendary item tweaks.

1 Like

I am exited about what is coming the next days/weeks.

I really hope you are wrong with EA+Chakram, because both skills can be played with 2-3 sets allready.

UE is king for both, because both got the generator mechanic.
All these two skills need are high damage multipliers. Done

Still betting on a strafe set with fok/trap implementation as secondary damage source.

Spike Traps needs a redesign before it can even hope to have a set built around it. They’ve mucked with the skill multiple times over the years and each time they’ve done so they’ve somehow managed to make it worse. Basically, until it can function as a standalone hatred spender without compromising the game’s current gottagofast nature, it’d just be a wasted set.

Far as I’m concerned, EA is the skill in the best position to get a set focus. Yes, we need some tweaks to Krider and AP, and any other new items would be welcome, but I feel like Chakram can be baked into Shadow and Strafe has LoN.

2 Likes

Isnt UE a 302x multiplier?

Why do you see a possibility for a set around EA then?
Sry, in honest respect, that would be pure nonsense.
(even though blizz decided to give WD’s a spirit barrage set xD)

EA needs no set.

DH is last on the list so they had time.

Maybe they shaked Spike Trap up from the ground and made a well functioning skill with a well functioning set.

Damn, each post i see about this topic, makes me want to get the PTR as early as possible. :sweat_smile:

Peace :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

It’s more about the ability to be implicitly creative with a set for EA. All UE does is up damage. Some kind of synergy could be derived from debuffs inflicted by EA. Attack radii could be expanded. Elemental damage affixes could be multiplied. The debuffs could be baked into all runes. Fire a skill of x element and it fires an additional EA of that element. Immolation Arrow could be affected by PUR. Basically just some attempt at build creativity and getting us to look at items differently.

Seems like you were right. I’m kind of disappointed they didn’t pull Elemental Arrow or Chakram in to the list but if they looking for a grand scale balance patch then I can only hope that those made into their “to-do” list. May be they already included a support item for those specs in and I’m not seeing it?

New Set is a counter-part to Natalya but Strafe is not the main focus there; N6 deals burst damage via damage proc legendaries like a LoD/N, new set simply replicates your primary attacks with Strafe casts. I think it can be baked into a trapper spec with the use of Helltrapper somewhat. We shall see.

Wish they could have done more for DH this patch.
Especially after all the fine work put into this post, if I could like it more than once I would.

1 Like

Unfortunately, by the time the OP was created, the base design of the new set had almost certainly been set in stone and the rest of the DH item changes as well. Things like this are processed farther in advance than the date of the OP vs. the upcoming PTR start date. That’s the reality of modern development cycles. Most of the time, by the time us players get to speak our minds on a subject, it’s already firmly set. :frowning:

4 Likes

Wonder which gear pieces the new DH set will have, hopefully doesn’t include pants so we can fit in Depth Diggers without needing a RoRG.

1 Like

The new build(s) are so defense starved you’ll probably equip CC3 and cube Hunters Wrath instead of Depth Diggers.

3 old necromancer sets had changes to their bonuses. As such, it might not be crazy to continue to suggest this also for demon hunters.

We’re about to discuss the patch notes on Dieoxide’s stream if you want to tune in.

Please give UE some love!!!

Listening in, but no Twitch account. Funny as you’re talking about Ninth Cirri that’s what I’ve just been calculating. In terms of Weapon Damage, the 600% increase and guaranteed pierce** means that Devouring Arrow across its first two hits deals the equivalent of 2,929.5% Weapon Damage (pierce 1 and rebound).

**At the maximum number of pierces (5) by its range of 120 yards if we assume the guarantee applies to all hits, it will deal 13,020% Weapon Damage before any other multipliers, but that requires point-blank range to minimize range wasted before the first hit.

EDIT: It’s probably unlikely, but it would be nice if Hungering Arrow fired with the 4-piece bonus inherited the pierce from Valla’s Bequest.

EDIT 2: The new Odyssey’s End effect exists purely to mock Marked for Death. :wink:

Things can change, remember the “Don’t you guys have cellphones?” or “Is this an out of season April fools joke?”.
All it took was 1 person questioning and basically speaking for thousands of players. And I still believe things will change while PTR is going. So yeah they might be able to tweak the set to be par with other classes. It’s a shame though that we didn’t get much more than a few tweaks on some items. We do need some passives to be revisited and some skills still needs fixing AKA spike traps that still have the bug since vanilla and sentry chain of torment that doesn’t cast skills with M6.

Here is how the number of changes stack up between classes. It remains unknown how classes that are being changed in patch 2.6.9 will have their top GR clears affected (presumably crusaders and WD will come down and necromancers and DH up).

Class New 6 Piece Class Set Updates to Old 6 Piece Class Set Updated Items Top Current Solo GR Clear Worldwide Rank #50 GR Clear
Witch Doctor 2.6.8 6 150# 146#
Crusader 2.6.7 3 150# 145#
Barbarian 2.6.8* 1 [2.6.7] 9 147 140
Monk 2.6.7 2 145 137
Wizard 2.6.8* 3 143 135
Demon Hunter 2.6.9 8 141 & 130 &
Necromancer 2.6.9 3 [2.6.5, 2.6.9 (x2)] 6 139 & 127 &

"# Nerf in initial patch 2.6.9 PTR notes
'& New Set 2.6.9

1 Like

I sure hope you’ll give us a rundown of the juicy bits of the stream here. I don’t mind reading text, but sitting and watching (and waiting) for people to get to the point is why I don’t like videos as much as text. YouTube burnout FTL. :frowning:

It does not matter that much. Because it is not table for 4 man groups.

You know me
 I leave no stone unturned. I don’t update until the end of seasons but you know S20 meta

Really hope they could fiddle in some DR increases to the above mentioned items. Even if only the DR values are adjusted, then it would be much appreciated. Elusive Ring to 80% DR, Wraps of Clarity to 60-75% and Zoeys up to 10% per Companion. :slight_smile: Make it happen, please.

4 Likes