DH: 2.6.8 Proposals for Balance and Fun

Hellcat is tied to Rapid Fire, our top build.

Manticore is how you safely buff M6 Cluster Bombs and N6M4.

One other thing about M6 Cluster Bombs, you don’t get nice defense from Zoey’s + Garwulf, due to Hellcat. So it is just Zoeys or… CC3.

This build is supposed to play close (10-20 yards) due to the arc of those little grenades, but it just lacks toughness.

I threw a suggestion in the GD DH thread about turning Yang’s/DML into a 2pc set ala BK/IB barb swords…

Idolis mentioned that might be more likely viable for the Danetta’s set as a buff to Strafe…

1 Like

I was thinking about how to improve Zdps build of DH, and i think that giving DH a pull mechanic could improve by a lot the viability of DH as Zdps.

IMO a good idea is change the Chain of torment rune of sentry to something like :

Magnetic Trap

Sentry pulls all enemies in 30 yards to its location on cast.

I am a big fan of the ZDH and a pull mechanic would be awesome. A way for ZDH to increase group movement speed would also help.

1 Like

rather then a pull mechanic on sentries, something more of a demon hunter feel

maybe make a sentry rune that has a bloody aura that attracts enemies to it or something in line that fits the demon hunter feel, isnt their a trap that can attract enemies or was that a legendary power?

best bet for sentry rune change would be every X second the sentry lets out a cry that attracts nearby enemies, when the traps duration expires it explodes for X damage.

sentries that are now traps idea? then if you place one too many sentries down you will auto explode the sentry being replaced, that way you can sort of force out the explosion. as for testing this i have absolutely no idea how this would work, and the taunting being not a very demon hunter thing. but its an idea at least.

EDIT: what are some things demons love? the weak humans crying? blood? power? idk what sort of way to make a sentry lure enemies. but i am sure others can think of something better then me.

1 Like

Or we could keep it as chain of torment but rework the rune so that instead of firing bolts, it fires ancient spear harpoons. This could also enable the rune to be used with the M4 bonus (since the developers forgot to add the “shooty” part to chain of torment rune - currently they don’t shoot when you do).

1 Like

We have some kind of pull mechanic already. Leonine Bow of Hashir. I am using it on my support DH with Strong Arms. It is not even close to Monk and Barb but still.

Who wants the old M6 build Back?

Read my post about it.

I remember the community being split about it. I for one was not a fan because there was no interaction/gameplay, but I didn’t advocate for it’s removal. My issue with it then was because M6 was the only set available and by far stronger than anything else you could do. It would have been different if UE6/S6/N6 would have existed then and players had options.

Part of the nostalgia wasn’t just how hands off and laid back it was to run, but how incredibly strong it was. It was at the time, the strongest build in the game. Nothing wrong with wanting to bring it back (it would be difficult considering how many legendaries you’d have to cube), but it won’t have the same nostalgia feel it did then because it won’t be overwhelmingly stronger than everything else.

If it had the strength of lets say current M6, no one would run it.

Also to be fair, while the hydra build has similarities, it’s not being played the same way as our old M6. Wizards still have to be involved in the action and place hydras somewhat strategically for success. It’s a bit different than DH’s sentry, as positioning the sentry largely didn’t matter and you ran into a corner out of reach of elites so you don’t get hit, standing still waiting for stuff to die. You weren’t even close enough to watch the action a good bit of the time.

N6M4 is what people feel M6 should be. But, if M6 behaved like it did with the potion snapshot, it’d be played more.

This is what I propose for M6 bonus to make it balanced with UE6:

Your primary skills, Elemental Arrow, Chakram, Impale, Multishot, Cluster Arrow, Companions, and Vengeance deal 12,000% increased damage for every active Sentry. Your Sentries become as power as you the moment you cast Vengeance.

Potion blast was every 2 cycles, tying it to a cooldown mechanism would make it a Sentry build with some interesting build variety.

• With Captain Crimson, that’s every 45 seconds (blast every 3 CoE cycles)
  • Max CDR build (blast every 2 CoE cycles)
  • Max CDR w/ OrotZ might mean every 16 seconds (blast every CoE Cycle) unconfirmed

Either way, OrotZ and Dawn would become valuable to M6.

While Multishot was by far the best skill, the snapshot did work with other skills too, but Multishot didn’t use Dawn. I guess you’d be able to very easily run Cluster Bombs at 1 per CoE cycle, which could actually balance it nicely.