Density much lower on console?

I have played PC from launch until switch release, and now I play on the switch. I feel like density is significantly lower on the switch version.

I no longer have the PC version to test against, what say you all? It feels like anywhere from 20%-50% less. Also, how do you think this impacts the value of AD on switch?

1 Like

Did you get banned or why don’t you have it anymore? After all you’re not allowed to sell it or hand it over to another person.

I don’t play on consoles but I’ve heard the densities are lower on consoles and are that due to the limited performance of consoles. On PC a lot of the heavier computations are done at the server rather than localy like on consoles.

Yes indeed density is lower…always has been.

1 Like

The switch does not have even half the power of a PC… so yes, it would have less density. Otherwise it would melt in your hands.

But does that also apply to the Xbox One? It definitely has more power so it could take it.
This isn’t a new game though and the Nintendo Switch is more than powerful enough to run it well.

…If only I could use a gamepad easily on the PC version without having to fiddle with poor joystick emulation…

All console versions are the same so yes.

Well, I definitely don’t notice a difference between the density on my Nintendo Switch and the density on the Greater Rift videos in Diablo3 build videos by famous Youtubers from this game’s PC community. It all looks the same and they are definitely playing on PC with that mouse cursor floating around and UI.

Most are not end game players.

Playing a GR150 on PC vesus Console and it is very noticeable.

1 Like

This is likely why the NG mechanic exists on console.

How? Why? We have less density so we need NG to keep us on par with damage on PC and therefore we have less damage with no NG which inhibits our GR play so that our double damage doesn’t mean we clear GR150?

Nope…if they gave us NG all the time in GR’s we would simply still clear what we are doing and that is fairly identical to PC clears.

NG has no bearing on density anymore.

1 Like

Yes, NG doesn’t have any bearing on density.

My educated guess is that they didn’t just want to give players on console double dmg all the time and this was the best way they could think of to attempt to balance it out. Console is not the focus of the development team IMO, so they came up with something that gets it close and said that’s good enough. As time has gone on and power creep has dramatically increased, the flaws in this idea have been exposed.

Honestly, I think they could care less about the console leaderboards and how they compare to the PC version. Every patch they do addresses balance on the PC version of the game and if it also helps on console, great.

I mean DMO Twister dominated on console up until Vyr Chantodo last season. Necros have those funky multi-channeling builds that are console specific. On the flip side, there are many builds on PC that need the density that just flat out don’t work on console nearly as well. (N6M4 and Cold Impale w/ PE gem as 2 examples)

Hello?? Did you miss when Homer said this:

We don’t simply do “double damage”. Our DD’s put us where we are doing the exact SAME damage that PC does. We’ve been over and over this with Blizz, and they refuse to do anything about it, even though it is game breaking in GR’s and endgame content.

Density is much lower on console. And it’s easy to see if you look @Pushes on PC vs. PS4/X1

More density means more enemies, easier to take advantage of AD and getting NG. If you push real hard, whether solo or in groups you will see the difference. One 3 to 4 maps are doable.

No, I didn’t miss that at all, did you not read the whole msg ? What I said was that for some reason, the devs chose not to do that and instead chose the NG mechanic. Honestly, it worked out pretty well when it was initially done like Homer said in the other post, but the flaws of that choice are out there for all to see now due to the massive amount of power creep that’s occurred.