Demon Hunter for Newbs

I’m sure it’s been mentioned 1000 times. Feel free to link me to other threads. But I’m pretty new to the game. Started with a demon hunter. Had a couple of cool people power level me up to paragon 1000. But for some reason my character is still weak af. I’ve been trying to complete the marauder gear set but I’m starting to think this might have been the wrong route to go. If anybody can help point me in the right direction or help me figure out where I went wrong, I’d be very appreciative.

You must be on Playstaion? Can’t see your profile, so no advice on your build. Best thing I can tell you is go to icy-veins . com and read there on what you need.

Getting powerleveled as a new player is one of the worst things you can do. It is far better to play the game and learn while leveling up.

5 Likes

Sadly, getting powerleveled can leave you with lots of Paragon and lousy gear as well as no clue how to play.

4 Likes

:point_up: :point_up: :point_up: :point_up: :point_up: :point_up: :point_up:

I’ve said that so many times I didn’t feel like typing it again. :neutral_face:

1 Like

There’s 2 options the 1st is
1st, learn the skills
2nd, learn the itemization
3rd, learn the maps

Option number 2, open up the leaderboards and copy-paste a build, but for Marauder you might have to go few years (or many seasons) ago.

Learning process is long with D3 because what seems intuitive isn’t really is, but as there’s option number 2 you can have fun without knowing what you do :wink:

None of the sets are “horrible and unplayable” However being new to the game and advancing so quickly, leave the problem of learning how to pay the build to its advantage as well as how to spend those paragon points. Luckily for the Paragon points you can always re-allocate them. At P1000 you can max out everything except perhaps on the core tab. To improve your stamina invest more in vitality as opposed to dex (counter intuitive)

Without looking at your build and skills, examine them and make sure that they compliment each other. LIkewise when enchanting gear look for ways to enhance the set bonuses to maximise your potential. As mentioned icyveins is a good reference, but not the end all be all. Find gear the suits your play style.

Do note while the DH is fast and hits fast, he is a glass cannon. It is not the character to play to go charging into a mob. Also when you say you feel week is that when you push GRs or doing T16 NRs and bounty caches.

Demon Hunter Marauder Cluster Arrow Build

This build is updated for patch 2.6.9 and Season 21.

The link above is to the Introduction Page. Also check out the Skills and Runes and Gear, Gems and Paragon Points Pages.

I like this build for an easy Season Set Dungeon Objective.

My favorite build to play is:

Demon Hunter Unhallowed Essence Multishot Build

1 Like