Death's Breath why is it not auto-pickup yet?

Auto pick up for the win!

1 Like

and then think greeds realm :smiley:

i would add a script to autosalvage gear at any chosen colour(s).
-that way we don’t have to halt our farming to TP.

how could you even call it an rpg? it’s just a top down action game at this point. i’m not opposed to games like this but it sort of takes away from what diablo is and always has been, no?

So just because things were more difficult in the past, we should never seek improvements?

I don’t understand how asking for QOL changes harms you. But then there are always people who feel that if something doesn’t negatively impact them directly, then it’s not a real issue for others.

3 Likes

D3 needs “auto-win” button badly.

And sometimes people ask for stuff just to ask for stuff.

Considering how much has changed to make the game easier already from a QoL standpoint, if you dumb it down any further, the only thing it will be missing is an auto play button! v

Sorry, but sometimes stuff should be hard and tedious. This is part of the problem with the younger generations. Lazy. When you shorten the effort to gain something, that something then loses its meaning and because its so easy to get its now meaningless and pointless.

Game on.

Haha. While we’re at it, lets also just have decked out level 70 characters so we can just logg on and slay demons nonstop like a mindless bot.

This is supposedly an ARPG, not mobblaster 2k20. But hey I guess your idea might fit right in with the current gameplay.

strange question.
ever thought that the game hasn’t been seriously developed for 7-8 years? there are tons of good ideas here. everything goes to the toilet.
have fun discussing.

2 Likes

Same issue. Also EU.
Can log in using American servers with no issue.

The same request has occurred for all mats - Veiled crystals, arc & reusable parts…
I see the logic, but if they do Deaths Breaths, they may as well do all mats. That’s my take on it because they fall under a similar category - materials.

1 Like

it’s an arpg;
-it could be seen as an iso version of an fps plus passive immersion minus complexity…
-mobblasting galore. :no_mobile_phones:

it does for me;
-i play D3 as a fun mobblaster, within passive immersion;
-i posted hope for human RL wake up calling, but blood is ok, politics not.

I think I understand where you’re coming from. The game has progressed to the point where people can hit P1000+ a week into a new season. Some sets are so ridiculously powerful that they are practically 1-click win buttons, through GR70.

But I don’t think QOL improvements water down the game. They make playing the game easier, but doesn’t mean the game is easier. There’s a distinction that must be understood. I don’t play Diablo to pick up loot, one click at a time. That’s not what keeps me engaged. I’d play a clicker game, if I wanted that experience.

Getting rid of tediousness doesn’t make the game easier. Imagine a game without waypoints. Does that make for a better game? I would argue no. But for any who think it’s a great idea, they have the option, for the most part, to avoid waypoints.

Remember, QOL, quality of life. There are many people who play Diablo from all areas of life. Some of those people have difficulties beyond the game. Reducing RSI by reducing unnecessary clicks isn’t a bad thing. You may consider it easy mode. But for people like my friend, life is far from easy.

3 Likes

This is fundamentally what Diablo series has been. Since 1996. And there is nothing wrong with that.

This isn’t WoW.

As I said. Make it much simpler, may as well have it play itself while you watch. That of course is my opinion, but the whining has to stop someplace.

I get that. And I know of players with various difficulties that still play this or games like it.

And yet here we are trying to ask for it to be easy. All I’m trying to say that today’s D3 is FAR EASIER than it was at release. By several miles at least. But what do I know?

Game on.

Your argument here is a fallacy unfortunately. Adding auto-pickup of mundane/common materials has zero impact on game difficulty. It doesn’t make it easier or harder. It isn’t combat related in any way. The request is merely for less RSI inducing behaviour in the game. Nothing more, nothing less.

8 Likes

Matter of opinion apparently.

To many, its more difficult to stop and click on things to pick them up instead of having them picked up for you.

Do some of you have your rooms cleaned for you too? (auto pickup your laundry perhaps?)

Difficulty is a matter of perspective.

To me, it would make the game easier to play. So… Today auto-pickup, tomorrow auto-take items to town, where does it end?

Before long you have the game playing itself.

That is what I see.

But that’s me.

Auto pick up items would take away the only struggle about cooldown balance and farm efficiency, making standard farming a pure race where speedbuilts only prevail. At the long run this can dent diversity and developers wouldn’t let this happen in the casual portion of the game where game supposed to be accessible by all.

Vacuum is just there and working fine. From my opinion this ain’t gonna work after developers said “no” at the first place. Sad part is, you can ask for a new type of loothunt to evade this chore for a bit of diversity and most likely those will be left unanswered as well.
If there to be more diverse endgame models, perhaps developers would allow speed farm profession to have more allure and less penalties but that’s not the case.

Do you drive a car to work or hike for your commute?
Do you use a washing machine to wash your clothes or do you bang your clothes on a rock by the river?
Do you get water out of a facet or do you hike 5 miles to get water out of the river and carry it on your head back home?
Did you buy your PC or did you gather the raw materials and fabricate your own parts then put them together?

Pretty soon you are going to want a machine to chew your food for you, since that is the natural progression.

Auto-looting mats does not mean the next step is buy the game, get an instant win button. We have had auto-loot for gold since day one. We have had auto-loot for blood shards since they were introduced in ROS. Those two things did not destroy the game or lead to the infamous “instant win button”. Treating all mats the same isn’t going to destroy the game or dumb it down.

7 Likes

I hate to break it to you, but the speed meta is here already. It’s been here. Speed is efficiency. Auto-pickup of materials won’t change that. If you need any indication that speed meta is unaffected by auto-pickup (or lack thereof), head on over to Path of Exile. Instead of dealing with the “speed meta is the only good meta”, they went Jay Wilson on their players and doubled down with the Delirium league mechanic. And players want to slow down. They asked for the Delirium mechanic timer to be removed so they could stop to get loot (this sadly is negated by the moving one-shot mechanics that follow you and prevent you from looting anyway).

Vaccuum only works for the same item class. That means you still have to click on at least one of every material. Only gems get the “all-in” treatment currently. It’d be less of an issue if every material, including gems, was using the same item class so a single click would get them all. And increasing the vaccuum radius to encompas the entire viewport would be a significant QoL boost as well. Currently there is only a limited radius that it picks up from, what appears to be about 15 yards.

In any case, the clicking does significantly slow down gameplay far too often. We’re here to hunt items, not materials. And nobody’s asking for auto-pickup of non-material items, just the mundane ones. The ones that go into our materials tab. The game already shows a little “float up” visual whenever we click the materials. If that remains and we get auto-pickup, we’ll still visually “see” the connection to the materials, but we’ll be able to go on with combat and avoid some of the RSI inducing clicks in the process.

I for one would be glad for this, since I have physical difficulty clicking on tiny random spaces onscreen. Getting all of the currency that drops in PoE for instance is a major chore and physically strenuous for me. My right arm lacks fine motor control and has spasms when I have a semi-relaxed grip (such as when I’m holding a mouse but my arm is in a resting position). I would jump up and down for joy at seeing this implemented as a QoL feature. But I’d be just as happy if all materials got the same classification and the vaccuum radius was increased to the viewport’s full dimensions.

Edit: For the record, it takes me on average 3-8 clicks to get a single item in PoE, and they drop in multiples quite often for currency (especially from Strongboxes or Labyrinth Troves). I like both games, but hate how I have to deal with the physical issues of constant clicking on tiny areas to get things, especially on the move (this is another reason I play solo and not in groups).

5 Likes