Dealing 40% les damage for playing on a Mac

Hi all,

I have a small issue here that if I wanna play a Birds wiz, on Mac we don’t have numlock so I can’t perma spam Explosive Blast.

Instead I have to use Halo of Karini in combination with Storm armor and therefore losing the 40% damage increase from Orb of Infinite Depth.
I’m sure wiz won’t lack damage next season but it’s still a bummer, especially in groups, where I might just be kicked because of that.

Thoughts ?

Manually cast EB. Just like it was originally designed to be played.

3 Likes

How to say…
I need to keep my fingers functional for other life activities.
Are you actually playing from a Mac and manually pressing the skill every second ?

Play another build or buy some peripheral devices with macro functionality.

1 Like

Do these exist ?
From what I understood so far, it’s the operating system that doesn’t understand the concept of numlock.
But yeah I think i’m going to go for LoD twister instead

I’ve never macro’d or numlocked anything and I manage just fine. I understand it’s not for everyone, and I definitely understand it could be a real challenge for someone with arthritis or mobility issues in their wrists/fingers or underdeveloped hands or something, but it’s not impossible.

This will be your best bet probably, OP. I’m sure there’s some sort of mouse or keyboard that supports macros on Macs.

How about something like these…
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00B3PV47O/
https://kinesis-ergo.com/shop/savant-elite2-triple-pedal/
The foot-pedals can be configured to act like mouse or keypresses so you could probably configure one whereby keeping the pedal down means the device keeps sending whatever keypress is bound to explosive blast.

Thanks for the thought, it seems handy for some situations.
For numlock on mac, it just doesn’t exist, I don’t even know how i could trick the system into thinking it does.
Like for the pedals for instance, I would have no input to configure them on

Well, let’s assume you have Explosive Blast on keyboard button 1. You could configure the foot pedal press to be the equivalent of pressing 1, and have the foot pedal repeatedly send keypresses whilst it’s held down. Effectively it’s just a high-tech version of putting a heavy book on a key.

I would say that losing that 40% is not your issue at all, it’s losing a weapon slot that does 80% DR for a ring slot that does 80% DR that’s the real issue. 40% damage with that build can easily be made up by Furnace or even Echoing Fury. Losing either COE for 200% fire rotation or replacing EW (which can provide more DR on top of 80% from OoID) for assuming the 100% damage with Squirts, which isn’t that optimal for the build, losing a lot of 100% uptime and/or -50% DR is a much bigger issue.

What I’m trying to say is the DR > 40% damage in the weapon slot, that will be even more prevalent this season with Ethereals, not the other way around. The group will definitely kick you much quicker for dying more than anything.

Assign EB to CAP lock. :grinning:

1 Like

Pretty sure Clear is the button. Though sometimes, Shift+Clear.

My wired keyboard has it. However, the Bluetooth midget one does not… so, might depend on what you’re actually using.

It’s pretty easy to write an AHK script that will bind numlock autocasting to any key you desire. A google search will probably give you something.

…get you banned for automation.

1 Like

you’re not automating anything more than someone with a numpad is automating. Are you saying that people without a numpad simply have to play at a disadvantage to people who can use one? Sounds like you’re saying people with numpad who use numlock are using a device to gain an advantage over other players… Hmmm wait a minute!

1 Like

num lock isn’t a command on Mac.