Darkening of Tristram Achievements

I wanted to report some glitching with the Achievement progress for defeating all the unique monsters in the Labyrinth. I have a few that are not marked off that I have most certainly killed (double and triple checked the log), and now I’ve even had some that were previously marked as killed, as showing up as unmarked. This is forcing multiple more runthroughs of the entirety of the Labyrinth (since the only unique I have not located and killed is Graywar on the 14th level), as a result wasting a lot of my time rather than doing something more productive like Greater Rifts or Bounties.

Known issue with achievements, Please see stickies. They are SLOW to mark of checkboxes at times. However once all the requirements are done (checked or not checked yet), the achievement will fire off.

3 Likes

You are also missing the fact I mentioned certain monsters that were marked as being killed showed up as not being killed… so somehow the progress was unmade.

I ran through the dungeon with a group and had no problem with them registering immediately.

Dragonmaster gave you an answer…

1 Like

And as I stated, sometimes it marks it and sometimes it doesn’t. Remember for one, running thru it once doesn’t give all either since not all uniques are in 1 run. Unless you specifically saw they were marked then later unmarked, the point above stands where SOMETIMES it will mark the box and others it will not. The achievement is STILL tracked and once all of the requirements that your sure you haven’t done get finished, then it will fire off the achievement as complete.

That’s exactly what shauNiKu said…   twice:

Of course, it would have been more helpful for Blizzard’s QA Team if they could have provided “before & after” screenshots.

Even if it marked and unmarked, i wouldn’t trust any checks on the achievement window in the first place. If you killed said monster, then move onto the next (marked or not) and know that it will fire off when you have killed all (even if they havne’t marked off).

4 Likes

From the symptoms, this sounds like a server/database sync issue where the local client knows the X thing occurred, notifies the server, which flags it but then fails to relate that to “master server” which gives out the reward.

I’d start with hardcore network troubleshooting to first determine if the problem is on my end (which is most likely is not, but due diligence) and then see if others have the problem – there is one other report of similar on the forums I saw, but that’s not so much a trend.

Therefore, it seems that the best option is to unfortunately wait it out and see if the so-called “master server” does get updated; if it does, great, everything is hunky-dory, but if not… the article provided has some steps that may help.

Hola, en el Ocaso de Tristram 2022 los logros no se actualizan. En la ventana de Logros sigue apareciendo los logros del 2021. Por más que salgo y entro del juego, la información de logros sigue siendo la del año pasado. Gracias!

Translated by Google:

Hello, in Twilight of Tristram 2022 achievements are not updating. Achievements for 2021 continue to appear in the Achievement window. As much as I log in and out of the game, the achievement information is still from last year. Thanks!

@Max27: Hi… that is correct. Once earned, the achievement cannot be earned again. See my screenshot below. I earned all the achievements in 2017. I cannot earn those achievements again.

That is intended behaviour… not a bug.

Best of luck in your games !

4 Likes

I too am having this issue. I was missing 7 uniques. Had a fortunate run and encountered and killed 5 of those 7. They were checked as completed, leaving me only needing 2 more, Bilethorn and Viletouch. I exited game and reentered and ran again, still only needing those 2 uniques. On that run I encountered and killed Viletouch, got a strange chime sound, opened my achievements, and not only did I not get credit for Viletouch, I now have 8 uniques that are unchecked. So, in addition to needing Bilethorn and Viletouch, it is showing that I no longer have credit for Bilefroth, Graywar, Blacklash, Stareye, Brokenstorm, and Shadowbite. Unironically, 5 of those 6 (Shadowbite being the exception) are the ones I had gotten credit for on my previous run.

It is my suspicion that Viletouch is bugged.

You are wrong. None of this is bugged, other than the check boxes. I have had monster checkboxes uncheck at times, but it is a visual bug only. The game keeps track of what you killed, and as soon as you kill all of them, you will get the achievement. So just concentrate on finding Bilethorn.

2 Likes

@TimberWolf Thank you! I proceeded as you suggested and you are indeed correct. As soon as I killed Bilethorn it updated that all were checked and presented the achievement.

3 Likes

one would think that a bug like this that has been going on for YEARS would have been fixed YEARS ago. typical of blizzard and their developers not giving two shts.