D4 will be outdated on release

The cinematic looked great, but when that gameplay started, I thought to myself “what happened”?

I don’t think it’s much of an upgrade from D3 if at all.

“Not even blizzard soon”
The game will be outdated before it even arrives in 3 years.

They would’ve been much better adding a D3 expansion to include trading and pvp. That’s all D4 is.

Look at the games we have now. Death Stranding and The Last of Us part 2 are both “dark” games that look amazing.

Comparing what games will look like 3 years from now to what D4 looked like, i’m not impressed.

35 Likes

My fear also.
It could be a long time before this game is released.
It might literally be like the D3 announcement, and release 4
years later.

9 Likes

True. ARPG market is getting a lot competition in 2020. They better hurry or they’ll lose it big time.

14 Likes

I am sure they had nothing of substance 1 year ago and that they made this as fast as they could after the D:I disaster. I hope they redirect massive resources onto this project and get in the race because the competition in the coming years will be merciless.

14 Likes

I’m sorry, do you play diablo games only for the graphics?
I would put more concern on its gameplay and mechanics.

Hell there is still a dedicated fanbase playing D2

21 Likes

Wolcen comes Jan 2020 and it looks great. Look at the environment detail and boss areas. Looked like each character could change their weapon and skill set.

POE 4.0 expected Decemeber 2020? Maybe first quarter of 2021. Waiting for Exilecon to get more details.

If POE finds a way to enhance their graphics, they will own the arpg market.

9 Likes

Maybe, if they let it drag on for that long.

Dragging it out for 2 years is probably asking for trouble.

Basically, yes. What content does D3 have? Rifts and greater rifts…
What mechanics? There’s not much to D3.

3 Likes

Definitely PoE’s biggest weakness is graphics quality and
animation.
If they up that quite a bit, they would have something for sure.

6 Likes

I would say graphics will cause some, obviously, to not play D4 if it’s not “up to par” with games out at its release. I do know there are tones of people still playing D2 though, which is graphically…how far behind right now?

As someone has mentioned, graphics is not a total deal breaker for this type of game, it’s the gameplay itself and psychological aspects that people tend to forget or not know about. How else do they draw in people and keep them addicted to the D2 loot chase and trading.

3 Likes

I feel like coming soon would’ve been within 1.5 years.
“not even blizzard soon” That’s easily over 2 years.

What is blizz history with diablo release?
2008 announced with 2012 release.

I think D4 2022+ is an easy estimate.

9 Likes

Agree. That`s a very good point.

It now looks really good now, but in three years.
I don`t know i I would buy it if there is a good competitor.
And yes the graphics are really important, if not everything would be like a commondore 64 game

1 Like

Wolcen ? Lol - did they finally decide to take a clear route ? Ive tracked this game for years just to read last year that theyve scrapped the entire gameplay and restart. ^^

2 Likes

I’m excited for D4 I was impressed with what was shown. Looks like marvel heroes in the diablo universe (basically what the creator of d2 wanted d3 to be)

That said I wish Diablo 3 got some love so diablo fans had something to do now.

2 Likes
6 Likes

Already? Before anyone has even played it from start to finish?
Benefit of doubt and innocent before guilty has obviously become a thing of the past.
Trial by media. I feel sorry for the next generation.
(Marks ‘do not show again’)

6 Likes

Blizzard Soon is anywhere from now to the end of time; the point being that it’s open ended.

I wouldn’t read into it too much.

3 Likes

D2 LoD also had Minecraft graphics yet an awesome gameplay. Sometimes gameplay is more important than how the game looks like, but I agree there’s almost no difference from D3 at all. It’s just darker.

It looks more like POE now. Even the Drowned witch fight reminds me of fighting Merveil in POE and the World Boss attack a bit of Kitava. One of his attack is literally a copy of Kitavas attacks…

If you take a look at talents than you might notice some similarity to the POE skill tree of course in much smaller size…

What I also noticed is that Duriel is coming back and runes. Does it mean that in D5 charms, jewels and the Amazon or Assassin comes back too…?

5 Likes

Quite honestly I wasn’t impressed with anything they did. Not from big daddy Blizzard. How much bigger is blizzard than GGG and these other kickstarter games??

7 Likes

What I don’t understand is, if D4 is far, far away from release,
then why don’t they do something with D3 still.
Changing numbers won’t do much, they should at least add another
DLC in the meantime.
If D4 is 3 or so years away, heck, give us an expansion.

5 Likes