D4 skill buttons stop working properly in game

Just had all skill buttons stop working on the PS4 controller - could go to game menu to quit the game. Could not fire any mapped skill, teleport to town etc. Both in and out of the dungeon that I’d just entered. Left me a sitting duck with a large mob attacking me, which didn’t make me too happy.

Controller wasn’t dead (battery) - full charge. Was still connected to the PS4 (PS controller button worked without issue). Tried attaching USB cable, made no difference. Exited and entered dungeon multiple times, no effect - skill buttons still not working. Could access inventory and unequipped wand and re-added it, to no avail.

Had to complete leave the game and re-join, which was a p.i.t.a.

Separate issue - helped Oneo f the sisters with an exorcism, which required entering the cellar of a building. No warning that TP would be closed (like the game warns you when you leave the town). There should have been a warning prompt, at least to make it consistent with the other warning prompt that leaving town closes your TP.

Did Blizzard even beta test the game?

Health potion drops are either tonnes when you don’t need them, or none at all when you need them vs a boss. Very frustrating.

Dave

1 Like

Haha, I experienced the same on PC yesterday. I entered a dungeon and it just happened. I could only move, could not use any skill (neither by pressing keys 1-4 nor by cklicking them on the skills bar), teleport did not work etc. Since I was playing Necro with a bunch of skeletons, they were still killing stuff, and I could actually pick up the loot. I quit Diablo (to desktop) and started it again to solve the issue (haven’t tried to just remake the game).

Yeah, had the exact very same situation.

1 Like

Thank you for the confirmation of this issue - greatly appreciated. I wonder how frequent this problem is. It’s not a controller issue either it seems, since you were playing with keyboard/mouse. When I pressed my skill buttons, the UI on screen showed activity on the actual skill button, just no skill being used. At first I thought it was lag, but it was pretty quickly evident that it wasn’t lag, but some kind of weird bug.

I didn’t see this at all in the open beta, but I did only play probably ~8 hours of the open beta 1, and didn’t touch beta 2 at all. I don’t know if this is new, or an old bug and I just didn’t play enough in the beta to trigger it.

I would hope that Blizzard is taking notes and addresses issues such as this.

1 Like

If you want that to happen, you should probably start using the Diablo IV forums – Console Bug Report is probably a good place.

Best of luck in your games !

2 Likes

Yeah I had a quick look, gotta validate the game blah blah blah. Too much trouble. CBF.

So you know you’re posting to the wrong place but don’t care. Okay…

1 Like

Yeah. To post on the D4 forums I need to add D4 to my battle.net, which is a p.i.t.a. I’ll get around to it 1 day, although I fear that I won’t be playing D4 a great deal. Probably campaign and that’s it, back to D3 which is a far superior game imho.

2 Likes

My bone conduction headphones were about to die while in a dungeon. I alt+tabbed to go pair my buds pro 2. When I get finished and go through my TP back to the dungeon, I’m only able to move around, but no skills or TP work just like described above. 2/3 done with putting blood stones on pedestals…grrrr

1 Like

I’m on PC and I’ve had my control buttons stop responding 3 times now. They light up and everything when you press them, but my character does nothing. only potion hotkey worked. attacks, teleport, mount and dodge did not

1 Like
  1. This is the console forum
  2. This is a Diablo III forum

Look at the shiny Diablo IV Console Bug Report forum…

I think you’re missing the general point - that people are getting frustrated…I had another complete freeze earlier this evening - now the 3rd time the game has completely frozen and required a hard kill and start up again.

Currently, it looks as if you don’t need to do that… as far as I can tell, and without actually posting, the D4 Console Bug Report forum appears to be available even without a D4 license… The “+ New Topic” is available.

It could be a mistake (the PC Bug Report forum is only available to those with a license) or it could be on purpose for those who cannot link their console license(s) to battle.net – don’t know.

Cheers !

2 Likes

The point is that you’re deliberately reporting issues about Diablo IV on the Diablo III forums, i.e. in completely the wrong place, even though you know the right place to do so is the Diablo IV forums.

Have you considered that maybe they’re also frustrated by all the Diablo IV threads in the Diablo III forums?

Same thing happened to me on PS5. Changing controller doesn’t do anything. Likely a server glitch.