D4 separate forum

All the D4 topics need to be moved out of the D3 General Discussion forums.
Clutter, speculation, and not pertaining to D3 at all.
Needs to all be moved to Games and Technology sub forum
I would hope this can be cleaned up within a few days at least.

22 Likes

It was only recently pinned, so you may have missed it, but Nevalistis addressed this already :blush:

“Because we’re heads down in development, we’re not launching a dedicated forum for Diablo IV yet”

3 Likes

Diablo 4 won’t get a separate forum, at least not yet.

This comes with a caveat; we’re still a way out from launch. Because we’re heads down in development, we’re not launching a dedicated forum for Diablo IV yet .

Taken from here:

Also:

There is a sub forum that would be the proper place to have other game discussions already built in these forums. Needs to be used for D4 not in General…

1 Like

They already practically gave the okay, so unless blizzard change their mind regarding the placement for Diablo 4 discussion, that won’t happen.

Why isn’t D4 coming to the switch? D3 did & overwatch 2 is.

they should just remove the 3, and then this will be just the Diablo forums

2 Likes

How can you have a focused place to discuss D4 based on a couple videos and a alpha demo in the D3 forums?

As suggested by the topic OP
Please separate the non-shipping D4 topics from D3 forums so we can be existing in the present not speculating about something two years from now. Thanks!

3 Likes

hi where you can post ideas that can be used in some way in the game.
to some extent or entirely

They are putting it out there . Sadly though blizz just listens to the masses. I got a better idea,just let devs do there thing. If you have to hire back some of the old school devs from blizz north, To many devs have been pushed aside over the last 20 years for the sake of money. I like blizz when they where yound and profit was not the goal :slight_smile:

Please. For the love of God.

D4 is basically vaporware right now. It is 2 years away and will likely be delayed beyond that.

3 Likes

I somewhat like the idea of the new mechanic to items demonic and such… but it feels like they accidentally missed the mark at least in the example items posted…
One great thing about D2 is going through the game and picking up an item that’s blue and by rare chance its just loaded with stat and rivals other end game items.

If you add more affixes and then assign a stat to their use, you’re going to pick up an item and half the affixes won’t work… so in real time experience you won’t get that feeling of oh **** I got lucky slap it on its boss.

Like if they split the affixes into points required for the bonus it reduces the affixes as some of them don’t work from the start, perhaps add more that work independent of that new design implementation even if they aren’t a huge benefit.

Also, figuring out where to post feedback for what on this string of threads is incredibly confusing.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more.

So how do they regulate who has posting rights? There are no D4 licenses yet. Maybe use D3 accounts, D2 accounts (if they still exist)…

Besides if you don’t what to be called a troll,it prob better to post on another forums. There is more intelligent forums out there other then this one :slight_smile:

I have some really bad news for you…

My excitement for Diablo 4 is tempered by the fact stating PC which usually doesn’t include Apple/Mac version. Latest trend in game releases ( Overwatch, Destiny 2 ) confirms this trend. Hope not but Blizzard Activision money managers will probably decide this. so it goes

You can’t really hate Blizzard for this. Apple can be pretty oppressive about what gets on their devices and things like universal updates to the game could literally be held up by their approval process.

I imagine their requested cut of game profits is otherwise unfavorable, too.

1 Like

Grim Dawn / Ashes of Malmouth equivalence expansion for D4 once D4 is settled and under way, mix,n,match classes to create more interesting and diversified fighting classes ?
Might be a winner.

Thanks for opening this thread! :smiley: I am excited about D4!
Please feel free to use these clay pieces of ideas to help shape the game.

I like the single player Diablo game mode.
I am looking forward to an adventure style that doesn’t feel too gear up and grindy.

D4, in my opinion, needs something more than the usual.
(Elements of fun in video games for me.)
I like building stuff.
I like growing stuff.
I like crafting stuff.
I like puzzle solving.
I like hide and seek.
I like tag.

I hope D4 will have a mix of traditional play and a survival aspect.
Recently I have viewed shows like “Alone”.
I imagine a D4 mode of play to revolve around survival.
A “killer” mode of play where monsters can be deadly if not prepared for them.
How long can you survive?
I imagine it to be a single player hardcore mode option.

Chopping wood for fire, building a shelter, hunting food, crafting warmer gear to reach dungeons in cold regions…and similar things to give the game a more immersive effect instead of the constant gear up and grind style of play in D1,D2 and D3.

Liberate towns from creatures that come with perks. Perks like blacksmithing services or
open options to new campaigns.

Start your own town. Save travelers along the way that may offer to join you to expand the town by hunting for you, gathering resources and things.

New character/monster HP models giving head, torso, arms, and legs have their own hp function. For example, there may be a chance to strike a foe in the arm to possibly severe it off were they may bleed out. Throw axes that have a chance to pin a target if near a tree…

Learn creature languages with spells or somehow learn to understand them.
Capture creatures for interrogation for clues to reach campaign goals.

Save distressed animals with a chance for them to follow you as a pet or to aid in battle. They may leave if not taken care of properly or may die in battle. Hire villagers to take care of your pets when you leave your town or risk bringing them along.

Craft war armor for your pet(s)

Monsters drop regular stuff only (Swords, armor, and materials)

All special gear drops come from completing campaign runs at the end killing bosses.

Durability of items should mean something more.
(Regular Items)
If it breaks there should be a chance that it is unrepairable.
or
(Magical Items)
It may shatter into pieces to be picked up and be sent to the blacksmith for repair.
Monsters can pick up shattered pieces to prevent you from assembling it.
The magical item is not lost if you can find the monster that took it.

Carry a sharpening stone to keep the damage of the sword up.
Oil the sword to improve its durability.

MAGICAL SECTION:

MAGE STAVES
Just an idea that I thought of…
The more spells that are imbued into the staff increases its durability to block sword strikes or mace blows. If a weapon strike is blocked it reduces the durability of the staff until it breaks. Wooden staves are unrepairable. A new staff will be needed to replace it.
Wooden staffs…unrepairable.
Metal staffs…better and can be repaired at the blacksmith.

Thank you for reading my clay of ideas.
:grin:
Good or bad these ideas may spark your imaginations!