[D4] please NO time gate

please for the LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY, please DO NOT MAKE CONTENT TIME GATED !!! please… keep it as was D3/D2

this isnt FFXIV
this isnt lostshart
this isnt WoW
this isnt a koreanmmo

PLASE tell me you not going to go down that rathole route …i would be severely disappointed

by time gated i mean…you can only do XXX amount of runs a day on XXX content…
you know typical KMMO BS

6 Likes

They already do that somewhat on Immortal. Although it’s not runs, it’s what you can buy daily, weekly and monthly.

sorry this is nublizz, every request must be made to the proper reddit channel, and likely they don’t care about your opinions.

I imagine most of the content wont be timed gated, but stuff like the battle pass probably will be for how much progress you can make in a day.

Having some kind of daily quest thing to earn you what will be 95% of the XP used to level it is pretty standard for them.

i can get down with that for sure, I’m just saying don’t limit dungeons, quests, events…etc
don’t turn this into a daily chore like other titles and this games design dose not follow with that.

just like in D2/3 if i wanna endlessly and mindlessly run rifts or baal(KekW) then let me do similar things in D4… this time gate garbage please keep that easternized…thanks

1 Like

I cant imagine they would time gate stuff like that. Despite generally expecting the worst from Blizzard.

If they do… yeah, that would be pretty important information to have before release date, as it would be a genuine gamebreaker.

2 Likes

That kinda :poop: would be a deal breaker for me. The thing I love about playing the Diablo series is I can play for 5 minutes in a day or 14 hours and accomplish what I want to accomplish.

I do not want to be told how much I can play, what I am going to play, what time I need to go to bed. I want that, I would just move to China.

3 Likes

right !?!
ofc it would be game breaker, and OFC i could see them doing it, look at all the games released…zzz i PRAY they dont…

yes i can agree time gate stuff for the pass to me thats not part of the game…i get it, but everything else CORE wise to diablo…NOOOOOOOOO

3 Likes

I agree, those kind of things feel bad. If I am really good and put a lot of time in one day and dominate, I should earn rewards for that effort, not be throttled by some arbitrary limiter. I totally agree, this should not exist in D4 (or really any game).

2 Likes

Man at this point i just wish blizzard had done it and made D4 a souls like and from soft would have started making arpgs so i could actually enjoy good arpgs again

2 Likes

Time gate currently is on the Tree of Whispers . You need to earn 10 grim points to get a chest from the tree …
Every day , there is a several grim events to do before it reset to the next day,
So there will be plenty of dailies to do for the Tree
This activities replace the bounty events in D3… Thank god

1 Like

Wait so you are saying time gate missions are not like where you return to the past, get your mom and dad to procreate and name the 2nd offspring Martin or something?

1 Like

They will not do this.

There is a limit to these per day?! Any confirmation on that?
Dear lord Blizzard. Not even D3 bounties do that. :person_facepalming:

I like that most people in the thread, me as well, are like “no, Blizzard would not do something as stupid as that!”, while Blizzard goes “Hold my beer!”.

Well there will always be low level grim events that does not reset aka grim events that only gives you 1 grim points . The high value grim events that gives up to a max of 5 points does reset ,
I guess if you dont want to wait until next day, u can be inefficient and just grind 1 grim points event

Does low lvl also means easier? :frowning:
At least something that they are not completely limited, but still astonishing what kind of decision making leads to making the the content have any kind of daily limits. Are they running out of pixels? :partying_face:

Low level means lower grim points not necessarily easier . If its too hard , you can adjust it by lowering your World level at the expense of lowering item drops .

I think the devs wants to make it daily to hook players to return

Good, being limited to easier content each day would have been something.

I know :confused: Which is the absurd part.
Why exactly should a player who players 2 hours x 7 days a week be rewarded vs. playing 7 hours x 2 days a week. Is the former more “hooked” than the other? Do you need to have a certain amount of no-life before you should be “rewarded” properly, despite putting in the same so-called “effort/time”. Whole thing is just comical. Same with dailies etc. in WoW.
Funniest thing is, Blizzard seems to have learned in WoW, changing most dailies to weeklies. Only for other teams in the same building to repeat 15 year old mistakes… :grimacing:

So, overall, if you only want to give the large reward for X bounties per day, change it to 7X bounties per week. If someone want to do all 7X in a day, because that is the one day each week, they are able to play Diablo, dont prevent it for arbitrary reasons.

pretty much all of the above.
take note blizzard

im bumping this thread cause i HOPE TO HIGH HELL you turds dont ruin diablo…ffs

…this isnt a k-mmo…or a mmo…stop with the crap