D4 - No Set item

Yooooo? Is there a vod?

What did i tell you? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I don’t know the credibility of this wudi person so i wanna see what they have to say.

1 Like

Runes coming back is one thing, but the important question was, will the runewords (D4 style, not D2) come back?
Runes without that is just gems with a different skin.

1 Like

Are there even sockets existing right now and what can we put in? Gems?

Yes, there are sockets. 2 sockets is the max I have seen.

And how are they incorporated into items? Replacing affixed or added on top of them?

So far used only for socketing standard gems like diamonds, emeralds etc with dull bonuses.

Yea but how do sockets interact with other affixes in terms of item power
Are they replacing affixed on the item or is it a rare item with 6 affixes + 2 sockets?

You can read more here. Better than I can explain.

so you can eventually just make every piece of gear socketed
aight, better for shad

1 Like

Only 2 hander, tunic & pants can have 2 sockets. Maybe more will be added when runewords are added. Otherwise, only a few gear types can be runeworded.

well yea in case runewords are coming back
but i guess it’s ok to have slots that “force” you to use something else like gems and others allow for runewords, dunno
i don’t like the “adding” approach
i liked that one

that was overall the best state of itemization
too bad it’s been scraped almost completely

Nothing like that was confirmed of being scrapped. At most it will be basic rune stuff at launch and advanced after possibly.

well it moved on from it

You can’t remove runes from Diablo games completely that would be a very wrong move. Same for the ‘secret’ levels.

well in that case i was talking about the way sockets are implemented

As long as i don’t see trillions of damage output i don’t care about how to add sockets… as long as you can, and it isn’t pointless and sure as hell won’t give you an aneurysm.

1 Like

I think just like scrolls, sockets are a thing from the past.

I would completely remove sockets in favor of another mechanic.

Not only they reduce/shadow item visibility (sad as items are core), they sound like a quick and dirty fix to a broader problem.

Because the number of equippable items was too limited, developers tried to extend the powers by adding gems, runes, legendary gems, …etc.

But they never considered another option:
Simply increase the number of equippable items.

https://diablo-proposals.web.app/#pouch-bag-omni-stash-relics-skills-dps-search

This proposal extends a plain old W3 mechanic to D4.

You just contradicted yourself… just no!