D4 needs to Take from D3, Actually....Read closing

Anticipating the arrival of a new season in Diablo 3 always sparks excitement within me; its pretty much the only thing I use my Xbox for. However, I find myself lacking the same enthusiasm for Diablo 4, regardless of the promised updates or overhaul/changes. As a casual player, I tend to engage with Diablo 3 for three or four weeks during a season; if seasons were a monthly thing, maybe even 6 weeks, I think I would remain more interested than I currently am with D3, before taking breaks between seasons.

The prospect of logging into Diablo 4 doesn’t even pique my interest, and despite reviewing the changes coming, my attention wanes quickly if it all. Honestly, it has not even peaked. I’m uncertain whether it’s the lack of challenges or the uninspiring seasonal themes that fail to captivate me. I appreciate the swift pace of Diablo 3, whereas Diablo 4 feels sluggish in comparison.
I like the rifts better than the dungeons; I like the gear and set pieces. I dunno how to pinpoint exactly what it is, but it just feels more rewarding.

Now that I think about it, don’t copy D3 over to D4. I would be more excited about an expansion for D3 than anything D4 has offered.

Yeah, ain’t gonna happen. It seems the port of D3 to D4 has began already.

To me, it seems they’re constantly a few steps behind with D4.

I initially thought they should have had rifts and GRs at launch as a returning end game activity. They’re only just adding in GRs (with a rename… why bother).

The codex is only now going to work in a way that doesn’t cause excess strain on the already limited stash space.

And yeah, running dungeons seems more repetitive than rifts.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they eventually get rid of the gold cost with respeccing and add in an armoury. Maybe a new town too (New New Tristram) with all the vendors and stash surrounding the waypoint?

I deep down knew that D4 eventually gonna replicate and copycat D3 in the end. Just didn’t expect it so soon…

3 Likes

It will be funny if the eternal realm in D4 gets the Altar before D3 NS.

3 Likes

Same. I was figuring several years ago that the Seasonal Themes we were getting was just PTR’s for D4. They weren’t dumping all those resources into D3 the last 4-5 years just because they love us.

:rofl:

That will be my reaction for the whole day if the news is out.

Looks like D4 is getting D3 therapy on ptr in a couple days. The Docs tell me the patient has excellent chances for a full recovery.

1 Like

From what I’ve heard, they may be able to save the patient’s life. But, it will still be paralyzed from the waist down.

(Of course, for now it’s just rumors)

2 Likes

I am convinced that no one working on D4 worked on anything related to D3. So many of the lessons learned over a decade of patching D3 before D4 launched, are now seemingly being re-learned by the D4 dev team.

1 Like

I mean, they’re adding greater rifts to d4 so I guess that’s something?

…Anyway the magic of last epoch already passed and I’m just playing d2 and d3 again.

1 Like

I beg to differ. It seems that most of these patients end up being paralyzed from the neck up. :laughing:

1 Like

I think you need to reread those “files”. It is the “doctors” who are paralyzed from the neck up.  

2 Likes